Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks again for new build Big Grin

Vibration when detected is much better, but I think it can go to 50%. Not sure if you can control both motors, the one that make rumble feel cheap, is big motor. But probably a 50% overall will make both ok.

About deadzone, around 0.15 or 0.20 could be the default value, works fine on most 360 controllers.
(2016-08-19, 15:57)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Vibration when detected is much better, but I think it can go to 50%. Not sure if you can control both motors, the one that make rumble feel cheap, is big motor. But probably a 50% overall will make both ok.

How about if I make total duration and intensity per motor configurable in the settings? We probably won't release with these settings, but in the meantime it'll be good to let people experiment so I can get some feedback.

(2016-08-19, 15:57)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]About deadzone, around 0.15 or 0.20 could be the default value, works fine on most 360 controllers.

I think 0.2 is the best default. The picture above shows my 360 controller's settings. 0.2 actually isn't sufficient on the right stick, which is why I run at 0.3.

Should I make the step size 0.05 instead of 0.1?
You need to buy some new controllers Big Grin Big Grin

It´s possible, I tested many and some has some bad centering. But remember that controllers should be calibrated on control panel on windows for better analog center.

I think having a configurable per motor setting would be nice, but probably only for testing and feedback purposes. Having too much options, isnt good for a casual user. Maybe 50-70% feedback only on small motor will have the better feeling. It will be like wiimote sync vibration.
@garbear
Can you do a LE RPi2/3 build please?
Thx
(2016-08-19, 19:58)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]It´s possible, I tested many and some has some bad centering. But remember that controllers should be calibrated on control panel on windows for better analog center.

Outside of development, my Kodi boxes are all non-windows, so a windows calibration tool doesn't help me too much. What kind of calibration can it do? Anything we should add to Kodi?

(2016-08-19, 19:58)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]I think having a configurable per motor setting would be nice, but probably only for testing and feedback purposes. Having too much options, isnt good for a casual user. Maybe 50-70% feedback only on small motor will have the better feeling. It will be like wiimote sync vibration.

Check out the new builds I just uploaded:

These settings should let you play around with the parameters a little. Let me know what feels best.

Also, do you know of any systems that use different rumble patterns, like two quick pulses instead of a single one?

(2016-08-19, 23:21)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]@garbear
Can you do a LE RPi2/3 build please?
Thx

I've offloaded my builds to jenkins, but I'll get in touch with @lrusak about uploading some new LE images.
I've downloaded an installed the latest Libreelec build. I can setup a folder with games for Sega Megadrive but Isee no game in it in Libreelec.

With the Mac build I see all these games and can play it

What Do I wrong. Is thia a bug in the libreelec build? Is something missing?
A change to our add-on system in alpha 1 broke game add-ons. You can fix this by deleting your Addons.db database file. Alternatively, a full reset will wipe the storage partition, including the addons database.
What's the current state of game.moonlight? I'm trying to build it as per instructions on https://github.com/garbear/game.moonlight, and I'm not making much headway.
@garbear

Thanks for reply. Will try this...
Windows has a built in calibration tool that made you move the analog stick to left, right, etc and then set the deadzone accordingly.

Im dont know if this can be applied outside windows.

You can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaWydD1dd1k starting from 0:50.
Had deleted the database. No success

Do I have to install something important I've forgotten? Special RetroArch addon? I'd thinking it's build in in Retroplayer?

First shot is from Libreelec x86
Second shot the same folder in Retroplayer MacOS

(2016-08-20, 16:47)jeevcat Wrote: [ -> ]What's the current state of game.moonlight? I'm trying to build it as per instructions on https://github.com/garbear/game.moonlight, and I'm not making much headway.

I think I got game.moonlight to build in mid-july. The biggest problem I've run into is OpenSSL versions incompatibilities. If you get this working, patches would be immensely appreciated.

(2016-08-20, 20:24)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Windows has a built in calibration tool that made you move the analog stick to left, right, etc and then set the deadzone accordingly.

Im dont know if this can be applied outside windows.

You can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaWydD1dd1k starting from 0:50.

I like how it visually shows the cursor on the screen. I was thinking of a utility that could show analog stick position for more accurate deadzone calibration.

(2016-08-20, 21:11)nexusle Wrote: [ -> ]Had deleted the database. No success

Do I have to install something important I've forgotten? Special RetroArch addon? I'd thinking it's build in in Retroplayer?

Kodi only shows games that are support by a game add-on local or in a remote repo. Can Kodi see the LE repo? Can you install emulators?
Ok,

After deleting ALL addon databases (20 and 24) the emulator starts. But "Joystick Support" isn't compatible? Can't get it to work and at first start of Libreelec there is a compatibility error message

Edit: all good! Deactivatet Joystick Support 1.0.1 and activated version 1.1.0 from team kodi
glad to hear it's working Smile I sent a msg to @lrusak, i'll see if he can fire up some LE builds based on the newest code. EDIT: it'll be a week or two
That would be nice. Dolphin emulator has some graphical realtime deadzone check to take as an idea.