Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-05, 01:17)corona Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-05, 00:41)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Corona, i think I found the cause for the black bar at the bottom.
I made a script that launches the desktop environment before google chrome, and let chrome launcher use this script. Maybe chrome launcher should be able to detect installed desktop environments and let the user select them. Would also be nice to be able to launch the desktop environment in a custom vertical sync, like 23,976hz. I guess 99,9% of everything on netflix is in this rate.

Oh, you're running without a window manager. Yeah that's likely to cause issues with window size, focus, keyboard/mouse target etc.

There certainly seems to be a decent number of people running without window managers, as such yeah it would be useful for the chrome launcher plugin to be able to launch a wm on demand.
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.pr...r/issues/3

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think the window manager has anything to do with vertical sync, that's nothing more than selecting the current refresh rate of your screen which is completely up to X to manage. It'll also be different on each graphics card, and on each tv/screen.
Generally you can change this on the fly with xrandr (command line/script) but it will only let you select refresh rates that are detected to be supported. Sometimes you can add to this list with a custom modeline added to xorg conf but these don't always work.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about: http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/4213...mitstart=0
Yeah, the wm requirement wast mentioned anywhere in the first post. (Although i had no other problems with focus or size, just the little black bar.)It would be cool to incorporate that feature (auto start wm) into chrome launcher.

As for the the vertical sync: all rates are detected in xbmc and would probably be easy to change with xrandr without modifying xorg.conf (at least in my case). But it would be great to change this automatically as an option in chrome launcher that gets called from the netflixbmc addon.

I could probably log into my wm and set the default frequency (well I can in openbox, but cinnamon still doesnt support this, so i'd have to use the command line) but then i would have to change back when im once in a while logging into my desktop since everything would be really jerky with 23.976hz. So it would be great if chrome launcher had the option to set the vertical refresh rate just for the session, and change back when chrome is closed. Anyways it's not a big problem, it works fine with the default rate. If i want the absolute best, I play a local file with refresh rate syncing.

Btw, everything seems to work really great, save for one thing. Im using a ps3 bd remote, and still havent found a method to bind alt-f4 to either a single keyboard press/button on the remote. Is this documented somewhere?

Keep up the good work!
Wanted to start out by saying this is the best add on for kodi hands down!! The only question I have is when I hit escape after watching something on Netflix it takes me back to the desktop and not back into kodi is there a way to change that? I am running a intel nuc with windows 8.1 and I am using internet explorer to watch Netflix. Thanks for your time and this great add on
(2015-02-05, 09:49)Fatty Dunn Wrote: [ -> ]Wanted to start out by saying this is the best add on for kodi hands down!! The only question I have is when I hit escape after watching something on Netflix it takes me back to the desktop and not back into kodi is there a way to change that? I am running a intel nuc with windows 8.1 and I am using internet explorer to watch Netflix. Thanks for your time and this great add on

I have this same problem too. The exit to desktop rather than kodi happens for me for both Chrome and ie. Haven't found a fix for this yet.
I just get script error with running in Kodi under Windows 8.1 with Titan Media skin. First time trying this add on so not sure what issue might be.
So I finally got the addon running on both a Windows PC and OSX/Mac. For the Mac, I had to update to the latest Kodi (versus a Gotham nightly) to get things working, and on the PC I needed to reinstall Chrome to put it in the right path. I still have 2 issues, however:

1. On the PC, when I close the Netflix player using ALT-F4 or CTL+W, Kodi is minimized in the Windows taskbar. Is there a better way to do this? I would like to be able to use my WMC remote, but could remap keys if necessary. Hitting ESC/back does not seem to work.
2. On the Mac, the Netflix player seems to be opened in the background, with Kodi remaining on top. This seems to be an issue with the Chrome launcher in general.
Everything is Awesome! Updated to 1.3.14. No script error and the window is FULL SCREEN! Running great here on Kodibuntu 14.1.
First, awesome addon.

Is there any way to integrate the Mac remote on OSX? As of right now when the window is launched and a video is playing, none of the buttons on the remote seem to work on the video. They DO however work on xbmc running in the background. So if I hit the menu key, the video playback is unaffected but in the background it starts taking me back up the menu tree to the next highest level and so on.
I am having trouble figuring out how to keep Kodi maximized after launching Chrome. I launch Chrome in kiosk mode and everything works great but when I am done watching a video and close Chrome using the windows controller build in to this wonderful addon Kodi is always minimized and I am taken back to the Windows desktop.

This didn't happen with XBMC 13.2......any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.
(2015-02-05, 02:43)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-05, 01:17)corona Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-05, 00:41)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Corona, i think I found the cause for the black bar at the bottom.
I made a script that launches the desktop environment before google chrome, and let chrome launcher use this script. Maybe chrome launcher should be able to detect installed desktop environments and let the user select them. Would also be nice to be able to launch the desktop environment in a custom vertical sync, like 23,976hz. I guess 99,9% of everything on netflix is in this rate.

Oh, you're running without a window manager. Yeah that's likely to cause issues with window size, focus, keyboard/mouse target etc.

There certainly seems to be a decent number of people running without window managers, as such yeah it would be useful for the chrome launcher plugin to be able to launch a wm on demand.
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.pr...r/issues/3

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think the window manager has anything to do with vertical sync, that's nothing more than selecting the current refresh rate of your screen which is completely up to X to manage. It'll also be different on each graphics card, and on each tv/screen.
Generally you can change this on the fly with xrandr (command line/script) but it will only let you select refresh rates that are detected to be supported. Sometimes you can add to this list with a custom modeline added to xorg conf but these don't always work.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about: http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/4213...mitstart=0
Yeah, the wm requirement wast mentioned anywhere in the first post. (Although i had no other problems with focus or size, just the little black bar.)It would be cool to incorporate that feature (auto start wm) into chrome launcher.

As for the the vertical sync: all rates are detected in xbmc and would probably be easy to change with xrandr without modifying xorg.conf (at least in my case). But it would be great to change this automatically as an option in chrome launcher that gets called from the netflixbmc addon.

I could probably log into my wm and set the default frequency (well I can in openbox, but cinnamon still doesnt support this, so i'd have to use the command line) but then i would have to change back when im once in a while logging into my desktop since everything would be really jerky with 23.976hz. So it would be great if chrome launcher had the option to set the vertical refresh rate just for the session, and change back when chrome is closed. Anyways it's not a big problem, it works fine with the default rate. If i want the absolute best, I play a local file with refresh rate syncing.

Btw, everything seems to work really great, save for one thing. Im using a ps3 bd remote, and still havent found a method to bind alt-f4 to either a single keyboard press/button on the remote. Is this documented somewhere?

Keep up the good work!
After messing up linux mint on my new chromebox, everything was really laggy, when watching videos when logged in a normal desktop session. Anyways i thought Mint was pretty bloated for a minimal kodi install, so instead I installed kodibuntu. For some unknown reason netflixbmc now works perfectly (also the built in vimeo/youtube presets in chrome launcher). I dont need use an external script to launch the wm anymore, and also the mouse pointer dissapears when using the youtube/vimeo presets without calling an external script using xdotool.

Edit: oops seems i was too fast at concluding. Mouse pointer is suddenly visible. It seems the trick is to use a different refresh rate in kodi standalone, thus forcing a mode change, then the mouse pointer will dissappear.
And for some reason youtube leanback will never start playing anything, only caching. Weird, since when I launch chrome in non-kiosk mode and then go to youtube, everything will play fine. Just wish these chromeboxes had a little more cpu power, as 1.4ghz dual core celerons seems to struggle when playing full hd. (Cant believe gpu accel in chrome is not available in linux, espescially since mac and windows have gpu accel since ages ago)
Just installed Kodi 14.1 and Netflixbmc 1.3.4 on Windows 7. I can launch the plugin, but most functions result in a script failed error. I'm unable to retrieve any content. I've deleted all my profiles on Netflix, and every combination of profile settings in Netflixbmc. Here are the relevant log errors:

01:56:20 T:3428 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4\default.py", line 977, in <module>
listVideos(url, type)
File "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4\default.py", line 166, in listVideos
listVideo(videoID, "", "", False, False, type)
File "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4\default.py", line 255, in listVideo
videoDetails = getVideoInfo(videoID)
File "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4\default.py", line 447, in getVideoInfo
content = opener.open(urlMain+"/JSON/BOB?movieid="+videoID).read()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 410, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 448, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
-->End of Python script error report<--
01:56:20 T:5840 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=tv&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fWiGenre%3fagid%3d83
01:56:20 T:5840 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=tv&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netflix.com%2fWiGenre%3fagid%3d83) failed

Please help!
Seems youre using and old version. Use the repo in coronas signature.
(2015-02-06, 00:40)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having trouble figuring out how to keep Kodi maximized after launching Chrome. I launch Chrome in kiosk mode and everything works great but when I am done watching a video and close Chrome using the windows controller build in to this wonderful addon Kodi is always minimized and I am taken back to the Windows desktop.

This didn't happen with XBMC 13.2......any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Yes, this seems to be common to at least three of us now. I've tried deleting all the settings, both Chrome and ie. No matter what I try, kodi is minimized upon leaving. If kodi, is in windowed mode, it seems to work correctly. Only if kodi is maximized does it not restore correctly on browser exit. I'm not sure which code is causing the problem. In the plugin, kodi, or something in Windows.
I found a combination of settings that works to fix the minimization problems. If you change kodi video settings, and use a full screen windowed mode, then it seems to restore kodi on exit from netflixbmc.

One caveat. When I tried it with ie, the video was playing in a window behind kodi. With Chrome however, it worked fine.

Hope this helps others.
Hi,

first time poster Smile

I have been trying to get this addon working on my kodi for a while and I am pretty confident now it is the Smart DNS (unotelly) that the connection is having problems with

I have been getting the "You are not logged in issue" when I tried to list any show

So I turned on unotelly VPN (which I am also subscribed to) and it worked through that

After turning the VPN off I rebooted and it started working even without the VPN through the smart DNS (even listing folders I had not been in to) .

It seems to still work after reboot

If I then clean the cookies and cache it wont work without VPN

Not sure if I can do anything to make it work permanently without getting the metadata initially via VPN

I am using 1.3.14
Sounds like chrome is picking up the proper login cookie via the VPN. How about just don't clean your cookies. Or find which cookie it is and keep it while your cleaning cookies.