Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get this working on a kodibuntu system I've just set up, but it just won't work for me. The steps I've taken are as follows:
1. Installed kodibuntu, which is this version (from apt-cache policy kodi): Installed: 2:15.0~git20150614.2202-beta2-0trusty
2. Set up kodi, including some repos (can't remember now) and add-ons. All worked fine.
3. Signed up to netflix, installed netflixbmc add-on.
4. I could log in but it would crash and tell me to look at the log whenever I tried to view something
5. Based on 1st post on this thread I installed Chrome v43.0
5a. Removed multiple netflix profiles (i had 'single profile' specified in add-on), tried again. No joy.
6. Uninstalled, reinstalled add-on
7. Now I can't even log in through the add-on, although I can configure it. When I click on the add-on it works for a while but then errors and sends me to the log

Note I can access netflix through chrome fine.

Here's the kodi.log, which I presume is the log I need to post? I'm new to kodi, netflix & media centres generally so I don't know what I'm doing. I have a bit of linux knowledge though.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/11771201

Any ideas on how I can get this working?
(2015-06-25, 05:25)robfromdublin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to get this working on a kodibuntu system I've just set up, but it just won't work for me. The steps I've taken are as follows:
1. Installed kodibuntu, which is this version (from apt-cache policy kodi): Installed: 2:15.0~git20150614.2202-beta2-0trusty
2. Set up kodi, including some repos (can't remember now) and add-ons. All worked fine.
3. Signed up to netflix, installed netflixbmc add-on.
4. I could log in but it would crash and tell me to look at the log whenever I tried to view something
5. Based on 1st post on this thread I installed Chrome v43.0
5a. Removed multiple netflix profiles (i had 'single profile' specified in add-on), tried again. No joy.
6. Uninstalled, reinstalled add-on
7. Now I can't even log in through the add-on, although I can configure it. When I click on the add-on it works for a while but then errors and sends me to the log

Note I can access netflix through chrome fine.

Here's the kodi.log, which I presume is the log I need to post? I'm new to kodi, netflix & media centres generally so I don't know what I'm doing. I have a bit of linux knowledge though.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/11771201

Any ideas on how I can get this working?
Your log indicates some network issues. do you use a proxy in chrome?
Thanks for your response.

No I don't, but I've just tried again now and got as far as trying to retrieve a list of tv shows, which is further than I got yesterday. I might have been experiencing slow internet or something. It stills errors though, with something about a local var 'match' being referenced before assignment while running GetDirectory

Here is my latest log:
Http://paste.ubuntu.com/11772405
Just tried this addon and love it, great work putting this together and keeping it going.

I am creating a Netflix home screen and almost complete, what I wanted to ask is if it is possible to get the movie/tv show thumbs rather than fanart. This would help to emulate the web client more closely.

This is a screenshot of where I am up to, it lays out all items within suggestions:

I still need to add a few more things like Netflix logo etc.

Thanks and keep up the good work
Hi!! I've had a issue with a srtm file

when I've put the movie/tv show in library folder, the addon create a file *name of movie*.srtm right?
and inside this file a string "plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url=70058020" right?

BUT

When i play the movie/TV show doesn't seems to work

BUT

If i've put the movie/tv show in favorites it's works fine

SO

I've looked in the favorites file, and i've realised so that line has a "Main" right after "playVideo" string

SO

I've put manually a "Main" AFTER the "playVideo" string, and works fine

BUT

Add manually it's very bored and complicated right

SO

I've edited the line 950 AND 984 of "Defult.py"

Before was "fh.write("plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url="+movieID)" and "fh.write("plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url="+episodeID)"
Now it's "fh.write("plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url="+movieID)" and "fh.write("plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url="+episodeID)"

And now it's run perfect

The old file was created with a string "plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url=70058020" inside the srtm file
now, the file is created with a string "plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&url=70058020" inside de srtm file

I hope this helps

Thanks
I had a good look at the code and it seems to use themoviedb for the fanart and posters, as far as I am aware thumbs are only available from the Fanart site but the tmdb is is needed which I gather is not possible from Netflix.

For anyone interested I finished the netflixbmc integration in my mod (see signature) and apart from it not having thumbs works pretty well:
I've realised a new issue

When you put the movie/tv show in library and you finish watching, doesn't update the status to "watched".

the play count is increased, but the status don't change.

And it would be very nice, when we add the movie to library, the file .srtm is storage in a folder with the name of movie, not in root of MOVIES folder. That way we can add extra fanart and others images to tha movie.
(2015-06-18, 03:53)regder Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-08, 18:07)Stevenlr Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried to install this now.
Added the repo.
Chrome Launcher downloaded and the Netflixbmc.
When i try launch the app, i get "This add-on can not be configured"

Any ideas?

Did you figure this out? Have the same problem

I'm getting this of as today. I'm in Australia, but accessing mainly USA Netflix. Win 7. Latest stable versions of add-on and kodi. Went into Netflix in IE... Had a notice that interface is new. Is this a problem with the add-on though?... As, shouldn't I be able to at least access the add-on settings? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: now resolved.... Uninstalled add-on. Re-installed from zip in Post #1.
I've just about got this plugin working on openelec. I'm running chrome from a chrooted ubuntu jail. I'm getting some quirky behavior though. I have a script which sets some permissions and copies some files into the jail before launching chrome. chrome-launcher is configured to run this script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

chmod -R a+rwX /dev/snd
# copy some files

/storage/data/ubuntu/usr/sbin/chroot /storage/data/ubuntu /bin/bash -x << EOF
chmod 1777 /dev/shm
lircd
su retro
/usr/local/bin/browser.sh
EOF

browser.sh is a slightly modified copy of the linux shell script included in this plugin (the one that fires up irexec, xdotools and all that).

When I execute this script from the command line all works perfectly. When I run it from the UI and let chrome-launcher execute the script, I get no sound. Can any of you devs think of any permissions issues I could be running into between running from the CL as root and running from kodi? My understanding is that kodi runs as root. Secondly, how can I debug this? How do I configure kodi to log the output from this script?

If this works well, I'll try to post some steps for setting this up for you openelec users.
i wish you had this working for android. Is that ever going to happen?
Well, now I feel silly. I didn't read enough, so I didn't realize that you could now watch netflix on chromium. I've got it all working now. Video is not 100% crystal clear, but it's not bad... I'll tinker with it. If you're having trouble getting your remote working, here's what I did... but take it with a grain of salt as I only have the stop button working right now.

Since we don't have irxevent on openelec, I wrote a shell script, chrome-remote.sh:

Code:
$!/bin/bash

COMMAND = $1

if [ "$COMMAND" = "STOP" ]; then
    xdotool key "ctrl+shift+q"
fi

if [ "$COMMAND" = "PAUSE" ]; then
  ... etc

then you can update the provided netflix.lirc file to execute your chrome-remote.sh script with the appropriate parameter to make xdotool perform keystrokes on the browser. Feed your new config file to irexec (instead of irxevent), which we do have on openelec. Like I said, I only have STOP working right now, but it's a good start.
Hey all. I appologize in advance if this is a repost of any kind. I was surfing through the forum looking for anything to help me with my issue but I have not had any luck at all. I just got done building my first HTPC and have mainly been wanting to use it for NetfliXBMC. The addon used to work just fine, but then it all of a sudden stopped working, and actually looked like it was trying to update, but never actually did. I have then tried to uninstall and reinstall the addon, and deleted all cache/cookies related with netflixbmc. When I try to load the app, it just stays stuck at "25% Talking to Netflix... Starting Login" but never does anything at all. I have the username and password in the configuration, and like I said it worked before no problem. I will continue to search this thread and others for help on this issue, but if someone could let me know if this is a known issue that would be great. Thank you one and all.

Edit: I should also add that I am running Kodi Helix on Win7, 3GB of RAM. Not sure what other info you might need.
(2015-06-29, 01:26)Trymin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all. I appologize in advance if this is a repost of any kind. I was surfing through the forum looking for anything to help me with my issue but I have not had any luck at all. I just got done building my first HTPC and have mainly been wanting to use it for NetfliXBMC. The addon used to work just fine, but then it all of a sudden stopped working, and actually looked like it was trying to update, but never actually did. I have then tried to uninstall and reinstall the addon, and deleted all cache/cookies related with netflixbmc. When I try to load the app, it just stays stuck at "25% Talking to Netflix... Starting Login" but never does anything at all. I have the username and password in the configuration, and like I said it worked before no problem. I will continue to search this thread and others for help on this issue, but if someone could let me know if this is a known issue that would be great. Thank you one and all.

Edit: I should also add that I am running Kodi Helix on Win7, 3GB of RAM. Not sure what other info you might need.

MAKE certain you have the latest greatest, version 1.3.22...in the Alelec Repository...
(2015-06-29, 01:26)Trymin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all. I appologize in advance if this is a repost of any kind. I was surfing through the forum looking for anything to help me with my issue but I have not had any luck at all. I just got done building my first HTPC and have mainly been wanting to use it for NetfliXBMC. The addon used to work just fine, but then it all of a sudden stopped working, and actually looked like it was trying to update, but never actually did. I have then tried to uninstall and reinstall the addon, and deleted all cache/cookies related with netflixbmc. When I try to load the app, it just stays stuck at "25% Talking to Netflix... Starting Login" but never does anything at all. I have the username and password in the configuration, and like I said it worked before no problem. I will continue to search this thread and others for help on this issue, but if someone could let me know if this is a known issue that would be great. Thank you one and all.

Same problem here as of today. Win8. From USA, not using VPN.
Yeah its the latest version of the addon, from that repo. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled again, and noticed that it took about two seconds to install it. Is there any way I can completely delete all the files and reinstall it fresh? Im thinking thats all that it should need. And is there a way to do this without wiping all of Kodi?