Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-28, 19:35)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-28, 14:18)corona Wrote: [ -> ]The control system in kodi is based on actions (play, pause,back etc). The keyboard input layer translates keys into actions (based on xml keymap files), or you can use input system's like yatse to send actions directly, which is fine.
The plugin has a neat system (which was built by the original creater AddonScripterDe, I don't take credit for it) where it opens an invisible window while a video is playing in chrome such the invisible window can receive the kodi actions and forward them to chrome. With this system, inputs like web remote or yatse all should work perfectly. I'm not using it (I've got a super cheap remote that's perfect and acts like a normal keyboard) but others use it no worries.

Yeah, the only ones working here are the arrows and enter button. For sure, the Yatse play, stop, ff, rewind, etc, buttons do *not* pop up as usually happens when playing a video. As well, Info, back, and properties buttons do nothing, so I can't exit Chrome. Any idea where I should start to find this functionality that others are enjoying?

The invisible window code is implemented in default.py, near the bottom. "class window(xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog):". The function "def onAction(self, action):" in particular catches all action commands that come through kodi, you could add some more print lines to that, perhaps a "print str(action)" at the top to start with, and see if there are more actions coming to the plugin that aren't being sent to chrome properly.

Oh, from what you're saying I guess yatse has context sensitive button layouts, because kodi doesn't know a video is playing yatse isn't even giving you the playback controls.
Not sure how to resolve that, I don't know if there's any way to inform kodi that a video is playing if you're not using it's internal engine. There's some code in here using fakeVid.mp4 to trick some of the kodi internals but that's not really extending to playback mode for the duration of netflix.
Thanks for this plugin. I live in Brazil, and I have two Netflix profiles, one for my kids that works great, and another one that not shows genres, etc...
Is there any trick to solve this? Thanks!
(2015-05-29, 05:30)morofabio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this plugin. I live in Brazil, and I have two Netflix profiles, one for my kids that works great, and another one that not shows genres, etc...
Is there any trick to solve this? Thanks!

Check that your netflix account settings has "test participation" turned off.
(2015-05-28, 23:16)corona Wrote: [ -> ]The invisible window code is implemented in default.py, near the bottom. "class window(xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog):". The function "def onAction(self, action):" in particular catches all action commands that come through kodi, you could add some more print lines to that, perhaps a "print str(action)" at the top to start with, and see if there are more actions coming to the plugin that aren't being sent to chrome properly.

Oh, from what you're saying I guess yatse has context sensitive button layouts, because kodi doesn't know a video is playing yatse isn't even giving you the playback controls.
Not sure how to resolve that, I don't know if there's any way to inform kodi that a video is playing if you're not using it's internal engine. There's some code in here using fakeVid.mp4 to trick some of the kodi internals but that's not really extending to playback mode for the duration of netflix.

Yes, Yatse does have context sensitive menus- when a video starts playing, playback controls pop up on your main screen, replacing the home, music, movies, and video direct access buttons, and as well a second screen activates to the right that again has playback controls, but also "playing file info" and a couple of very cool buttons that let you choose which audio stream and subtitles. This is the point where I try to sell you on Yatse, as its pretty dope. I have it running on three phones, an old one that is only a remote, and my two different (UK/French) phones, so finding the remote is never a problem. Smile You can also browse your library on your remote while something else is playing, which is nice to queue up what is coming next, not to mention how cool it is to browse YouTube or Reddit on your phone and send videos to Kodi, and the download subtitles function is worth the price of admission alone if you watch a lot of foreign films like I do. I'm guessing this working would go a lot faster if you tried it out, and honestly, I can't see how people use Kodi without it, even if using Kodi on your regular machine. Generally, it lets you sit back and not ever touch the machine and this addon is the first where I've really encountered any issue using it, although I understand that has more with how Netflix does ther stuff than the addon.

Unfortunately, when you start talking about default.py you're getting a bit out of my depth. XML and file paths, that's all pretty simple and I can manage that, but I'm not a developer. If you can give me step by step instructions, or tell me where to find them, I'm happy to give it a shot.
(2015-05-29, 10:45)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-28, 23:16)corona Wrote: [ -> ]The invisible window code is implemented in default.py, near the bottom. "class window(xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog):". The function "def onAction(self, action):" in particular catches all action commands that come through kodi, you could add some more print lines to that, perhaps a "print str(action)" at the top to start with, and see if there are more actions coming to the plugin that aren't being sent to chrome properly.

Yes, Yatse does have context sensitive menus- when a video starts playing, playback controls pop up on your main screen, replacing the home, music, movies, and video direct access buttons, and as well a second screen activates to the right that again has playback controls, but also "playing file info" and a couple of very cool buttons that let you choose which audio stream and subtitles. This is the point where I try to sell you on Yatse, as its pretty dope. I have it running on three phones, an old one that is only a remote, and my two different (UK/French) phones, so finding the remote is never a problem. Smile You can also browse your library on your remote while something else is playing, which is nice to queue up what is coming next, not to mention how cool it is to browse YouTube or Reddit on your phone and send videos to Kodi, and the download subtitles function is worth the price of admission alone if you watch a lot of foreign films like I do. I'm guessing this working would go a lot faster if you tried it out, and honestly, I can't see how people use Kodi without it, even if using Kodi on your regular machine. Generally, it lets you sit back and not ever touch the machine and this addon is the first where I've really encountered any issue using it, although I understand that has more with how Netflix does ther stuff than the addon.

Unfortunately, when you start talking about default.py you're getting a bit out of my depth. XML and file paths, that's all pretty simple and I can manage that, but I'm not a developer. If you can give me step by step instructions, or tell me where to find them, I'm happy to give it a shot.

Yeah I've tried yatse in the past and neither of us can get past the problem of always having to look at the touchscreen to use it, rather than real remotes having tactile buttons. I've got 2-3 remotes floating around (~$20 each) that all work the same on kodi, so yeah the same never having to look for a remote. If I was using phones I'd need to think about starting the app to use the remote, or have extra phones laying around and keep them charged, both of which is quite tedious in my mind. It's simply a case of different workflows being better for different people.

The features like selecting audio/subs isn't ever going to work at the moment because I haven't tried to automate the netflix gui to control these things.
Triggering context sensitivity is something that sounds like it would take a bit of time and research to get going.

I'm working on an entirely new chrome communication/interface/control scheme at the moment so don't really have time to debug issues with the current control systems, as they're basically going to be thrown out once my new one is done (I hate that at the moment there's a number of completely different ways to control chrome in place).
Once the new system's in place it should be easier to sort out issues like these, but it's a little while away yet.
Hi there,

Is there an alternate download location for the repo zip file?
It looks like http://alelec.net/ is down.

Thanks,
José
(2015-06-01, 04:46)goniomdq Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Is there an alternate download location for the repo zip file?
It looks like http://alelec.net/ is down.

Thanks,
José

Ah thanks for mentioning that, I was wondering if it was just me.... sorry yeah my server does appear to be down (as of ~ 2 hours ago).
My remote access is also down, so I'm probably about 6 hours away from having it back up again.
If you only need an update to the netflixbmc plugin you can get the master zip from github, but if it's a new install it'll require a number of dependencies which you'll really need the repo for.

update:
It should be fine as of an hour or so ago.
I'm still getting stuck at "25% talking to Netflix... Starting Login."

Happening in two machines.
(2015-06-01, 17:56)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still getting stuck at "25% talking to Netflix... Starting Login."

Happening in two machines.

There a 2 things to try first, I don't know if you've tried them, but first can you go to netflixbmc settings, advanced page, and turn off "use advanced ssl". Also check that your netflix account settings and make sure "test participation" is off.

If you've done this and still have problems could you post your kodi.log?
edit: never mind...
i just need instructions... you kinda leave users to fumble their way through everything
Instructions for what? If you are having problems installing the addon, say so. Tell us exactly what is going wrong.
(2015-06-02, 23:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Instructions for what? If you are having problems installing the addon, say so. Tell us exactly what is going wrong.

i figured it out... after a few hours. i'm new to kodi, so I didn't really know how to do much of anything. installing addons from outside repositories isn't the most intuitive process in the world, when it comes to kodi.
But it is described in the manual http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-ons
I had the WidevineCDM problem and struggled to fix it and just copying components across to Kodi user data didn't work for me.

Here is the steps I undertook to fix it hopefully it helps someone else. This may not be exact cause I am going from memory.

1. Navigated to <kodi userdata dir>/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/
2. Opened settings.xml
3. Changed the Kiosk setting to "true"
4. Opened netflix addon from Kodi
5. Chrome now opened in a non kiosk window
6. Typed Chrome://components
7. WidevineCDM was at version 0.0.0
8. Updated the components
9. Enjoyed Netflix

Hope this save someone some time
I was using a custom browser sh coupled with the netflix chrome plugin to control the volume.

In my browser.sh I do this....

xmodmap -e "keycode 123 = q q q"
xmodmap -e "keycode 122 = w w w"

And then I map q and w to volume up and down respectively using the chrome extension that you provide.

In the last few revisions something broke this (which was working splendidly.)

1) I upgraded to Isengard beta.
2) Netflixbmc plugin updated.
3) Maybe netflix itself updated?

I have no idea why this isn't working when it was working so well before.

Did anything change?