Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-26, 01:01)matrixebiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys, where can I download the older version of NetfliXBMC for me to try it out and see if it works for me? Thx

(2015-05-26, 01:24)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is on github isn't it?

Yes, github's your best bet. Kodi plugin/repo system does not support hosting multiple versions.

Basically you should go to the github page, press the commits link and find the version you want (ie "Version 1.3.20").
Click that commit.
Top right-ish there's a blue button "Browse Files"
Then the lower-right button "Download Zip"
You should be able to tell Kodi to install from Zip on the downloaded zip.

Not sure if it'll try to upgrade it from the repo automatically after that though, you may want to disable the alelec repo addon in kodi first (remember to re-enable it after finished testing)
Best of luck
Ok, I'll try kodi-repository/plugin.video.netflixbmc/plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.18.zip and see what happens.

EDIT: FYI - 1.3.18 works so I updated to 1.3.21 through Kodi and now its not working Sad back to 18
(2015-05-23, 19:23)2Flower Wrote: [ -> ]I've got everything set up properly (I think...) and I'm getting this error after launching a Netflix video. This appears in Netflix's window in Chrome, not in Kodi.

"We cannot find all the required components to play Netflix on this device. Please visit chrome://components, locate the WidevineCdm component, and click the "Check for update" button."

I've done as it's asked and the component is already installed and up to date. Also if I just launch Chrome directly I can view Netflix just fine in it. It only throws this error if Chrome is launched from Kodi. Any ideas?

I think it uses a different install of Chrome; like one thats with in the Chrome Browser addon, maybe. I'm having this same problem. I was finally able to figure out how to get to "Chrome://components" on the addon's chrome but when i clicked on the link to update WidevineCdm, it never completed the update. I forgot to try again later
(2015-05-26, 20:51)DaveNinja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-23, 19:23)2Flower Wrote: [ -> ]I've got everything set up properly (I think...) and I'm getting this error after launching a Netflix video. This appears in Netflix's window in Chrome, not in Kodi.

"We cannot find all the required components to play Netflix on this device. Please visit chrome://components, locate the WidevineCdm component, and click the "Check for update" button."

I've done as it's asked and the component is already installed and up to date. Also if I just launch Chrome directly I can view Netflix just fine in it. It only throws this error if Chrome is launched from Kodi. Any ideas?

I think it uses a different install of Chrome; like one thats with in the Chrome Browser addon, maybe. I'm having this same problem. I was finally able to figure out how to get to "Chrome://components" on the addon's chrome but when i clicked on the link to update WidevineCdm, it never completed the update. I forgot to try again later

The Netflixbmc plugin by default uses a separate chrome user-data-dir to keep the control plugin and injected cookies separate from the main system. I thought the extensions in this should auto-update, but perhaps not in all cases.

To try a quick fix, could you copy copy the WidevineCDM folder from your system chrome user-data dirdir:
https://www.chromium.org/user-experience...-directory
to the netflixbmc one:
<kodi userdata dir>/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/chrome-user-data/

where <kodi userdata dir> is described here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Let me know how this goes.
(2015-05-24, 23:51)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 10:56)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-23, 21:10)Reb313 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also getting this "stuck at 25%" inside KODI "TALKING TO NETFLIX" "STARTING KODI".

I completely removed NETFLIXBMC and all user data from it, reinstalled, same problem.

EDIT: It's doing it on multiple machines - problem started a couple of days ago.

Did this start when you updated netflixbmc or was it working ok for a while and just stopped working?

Not sure if netflix auto updated or what. It did work fine.

can you post the kodi.log?
Sometimes I have the same problem.
With the update to 1.3.21 the start of Netflixbmc slows down and sometimes it stucks at 25%.
Had the problem with XBMC 13.2 and now with my new intallation of Kodi 14.2.

Maybe my log helps.

Kodi.log
I was getting that same "Could not find component" when starting to watch on Chrome. Netflixbmc works fine, and what solved this for me is the solution you provided above - swapping the regular chrome profile into the add-on data.No problems since, other than not being able to control netflix and get back to Kodi via my phone remote.
(2015-05-28, 00:11)MrOns Wrote: [ -> ]I was getting that same "Could not find component" when starting to watch on Chrome. Netflixbmc works fine, and what solved this for me is the solution you provided above - swapping the regular chrome profile into the add-on data.No problems since, other than not being able to control netflix and get back to Kodi via my phone remote.

You shouldn't need to swap the entire profile, you only need the WidevineCDM folder out of the profile.

If you want the other features back you can delete the <kodi userdata dir>/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/chrome-user-data folder, run netflixbmc plugin again (will recreate the user data dir) then copy just the newer WidevineCDM from system profile into the re-created folder.
(2015-05-27, 20:56)Cr0wl3r Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I have the same problem.
With the update to 1.3.21 the start of Netflixbmc slows down and sometimes it stucks at 25%.
Had the problem with XBMC 13.2 and now with my new intallation of Kodi 14.2.

Maybe my log helps.

Kodi.log

Could you go into netflixbmc settings, advanced tab, and turn off "Use Advanced ssl".
Does that fix the problem?
(2015-05-24, 11:45)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 10:04)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-22, 17:18)insertnamehere Wrote: [ -> ]From your log:
plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4

also the log is from a very old version of netflixbmc

Check your version it should be 1.3.21

OK, so downloaded the master from github, and now I get a dependencies not met error on install?

You need to install it from the repo or you will get dependency issues since you were using a very old version. Install will also install dependent addons, copying from github wont. Remove the current netflixbmc and get the repo zip and install. The repo details are on the first page of this thread.

(2015-05-25, 10:53)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]Ok sorry about getting the repo install wrong, but it's really confusing that SuperRepo has a version number that is higher than yours, but is an older version.

Got it running, but having a little trouble closing the browser and this link on the first page gets a 404 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ilib/Key.h I'm using Yatse remote and no keyboard, and none of the Yatse keys seem to work (back, info, etc). Any suggestions? Thanks!

So, it looks like you guys removed that link from the main page, which I guess is ...awesome? Smile I had a bunch of emails back and forth with the guy that wrote Yatse and basically there is nothing he can do; to quote, when asked about sending some keystroke combination: "Well I can send whatever I want it will be sent to Kodi and not to Chrome, so if the addon does not intercept and send them back there's 0 purpose for that. The enter or arrows are not keyboard commands they are native Kodi commands all is handled by the addons." Since we are limited to the default enter or arrow keys (Yatse's play, stop, etc don't show up), any chance you guys can get the back button working as an exit button? Enter does pause, and left and right do advance through the timeline, and even the Yatse trackpad does allow for some scrubbing, so some things are definitely working. But if you can't get back out to Kodi, ie exit Chrome, well, can't really use it. And I would very much like to! Smile

And actually, it would really be nice to have a second button mapped to "stop" the video, ie drop back to the Netflix menus so you could stop watching something that sucks without having to exit and restart the addon.
When making use of chrome as a browser, I am getting the next error message.

Whoops, something went wrong...

Missing Component

We cannot find all the required components to play Netflix on this device. Please visit chrome://components, locate the WidevineCdm component, and click the "Check for update" button.
For additional assistance resolving this issue, please visit our Help Center.
https://help.netflix.com/support/14759

When making use of iexplorer as a browser, I don't see an error message.
Something doesn't work between netflixbmc and chrome.
(2015-05-25, 10:53)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]Ok sorry about getting the repo install wrong, but it's really confusing that SuperRepo has a version number that is higher than yours, but is an older version.

Got it running, but having a little trouble closing the browser and this link on the first page gets a 404 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ilib/Key.h I'm using Yatse remote and no keyboard, and none of the Yatse keys seem to work (back, info, etc). Any suggestions? Thanks!

So, it looks like you guys removed that link from the main page, which I guess is ...awesome? Smile I had a bunch of emails back and forth with the guy that wrote Yatse and basically there is nothing he can do; to quote, when asked about sending some keystroke combination: "Well I can send whatever I want it will be sent to Kodi and not to Chrome, so if the addon does not intercept and send them back there's 0 purpose for that. The enter or arrows are not keyboard commands they are native Kodi commands all is handled by the addons." Since we are limited to the default enter or arrow keys (Yatse's play, stop, etc don't show up), any chance you guys can get the back button working as an exit button? Enter does pause, and left and right do advance through the timeline, and even the Yatse trackpad does allow for some scrubbing, so some things are definitely working. But if you can't get back out to Kodi, ie exit Chrome, well, can't really use it. And I would very much like to! Smile

And actually, it would really be nice to have a second button mapped to "stop" the video, ie drop back to the Netflix menus so you could stop watching something that sucks without having to exit and restart the addon.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what link's missing from what main page, but the first page here has always had the real link to my repo. If you're referring the the Key.h file, it's hardly my fault that kodi restructured their source tree and didn't tell me Undecided it's not hard to find the new location of the file though. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...nput/Key.h
superrepo does what it wants and we have no control over it, it's always had a much lower version number than here, ..4 while we're up to ..20

The control system in kodi is based on actions (play, pause,back etc). The keyboard input layer translates keys into actions (based on xml keymap files), or you can use input system's like yatse to send actions directly, which is fine.
The plugin has a neat system (which was built by the original creater AddonScripterDe, I don't take credit for it) where it opens an invisible window while a video is playing in chrome such the invisible window can receive the kodi actions and forward them to chrome. With this system, inputs like web remote or yatse all should work perfectly. I'm not using it (I've got a super cheap remote that's perfect and acts like a normal keyboard) but others use it no worries.
(2015-05-28, 11:24)hstegeman Wrote: [ -> ]When making use of chrome as a browser, I am getting the next error message.

Whoops, something went wrong...

Missing Component

We cannot find all the required components to play Netflix on this device. Please visit chrome://components, locate the WidevineCdm component, and click the "Check for update" button.
For additional assistance resolving this issue, please visit our Help Center.
https://help.netflix.com/support/14759

When making use of iexplorer as a browser, I don't see an error message.
Something doesn't work between netflixbmc and chrome.

(2015-05-27, 03:07)corona Wrote: [ -> ]The Netflixbmc plugin by default uses a separate chrome user-data-dir to keep the control plugin and injected cookies separate from the main system. I thought the extensions in this should auto-update, but perhaps not in all cases.

To try a quick fix, could you copy copy the WidevineCDM folder from your system chrome user-data dirdir:
to the netflixbmc one:

Yeah there's an update in chrome that's not automatically flowing through to the userdir in netflix for some reason. Until I get a chance to update the way that works I've got a workaround that appears to be fine, check my quoted message above
(2015-05-28, 14:18)corona Wrote: [ -> ]The control system in kodi is based on actions (play, pause,back etc). The keyboard input layer translates keys into actions (based on xml keymap files), or you can use input system's like yatse to send actions directly, which is fine.
The plugin has a neat system (which was built by the original creater AddonScripterDe, I don't take credit for it) where it opens an invisible window while a video is playing in chrome such the invisible window can receive the kodi actions and forward them to chrome. With this system, inputs like web remote or yatse all should work perfectly. I'm not using it (I've got a super cheap remote that's perfect and acts like a normal keyboard) but others use it no worries.

Yeah, the only ones working here are the arrows and enter button. For sure, the Yatse play, stop, ff, rewind, etc, buttons do *not* pop up as usually happens when playing a video. As well, Info, back, and properties buttons do nothing, so I can't exit Chrome. Any idea where I should start to find this functionality that others are enjoying?
(2015-05-27, 03:07)corona Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-26, 20:51)DaveNinja Wrote: [ -> ]

The Netflixbmc plugin by default uses a separate chrome user-data-dir to keep the control plugin and injected cookies separate from the main system. I thought the extensions in this should auto-update, but perhaps not in all cases.

to the netflixbmc one:

This worked. I copied the contents of the WidevineCDM folder from my regular Chrome install (after updating the component) to the addon chrome WidevineCDM folder. Netflix then played the video i selected from Kodi. Thanks.

This question is probably some where obvious in this thread but i'm not seeing it: How do you return to Kodi from the Netflix/Chrome window? Like when you;re done watching a video