Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Also, is anyone else having issues with the "changelog" section not working in the addon browser?
(2017-07-30, 19:39)tomasiek Wrote: [ -> ]It is a pity. Is there any possibility to change the time of auto scrolling?

I believe there should be a line of code in Includes_Window.xml that does that, though I'm not sure. I'll look into it and try to see if something can be done. Wink

(2017-07-31, 19:30)sirfrancis17 Wrote: [ -> ]hi,
this skins has errors in touch screen mode.
i cant stop o pause a movie.
In menu, the widget, when i move the finger over the movies ,the widget, move too fast
the widgets in someone addons dont work
sorry my poor english. im spanish

As far as I know, you should be able to tap the screen and pull up the OSD with the buttons. Pressing the buttons should allow you to pause, resume, etc.

The widget list is a fixed list, which is needed to maintain automatic scroll. That means that it's always focused on the leftmost item. Scrolling in too large steps, you will get it to fly off, so you need to take small steps. As far as I know, there's no going around that.

As for the add-on widgets, it really depends on the add-ons in question. Some will work, others won't. It's a matter of design for each add-on and the compatibility with Skin Helper. If you can't access an add-on, it means that it's not configured to work with Skin Helper. If, however, you can access it, but there are problems with the display, then there might be something I can do with it.

If any other touch user has encountered similar problems, or has found a way to circumvent them, please let us know, input is always appreciated.
(2017-08-01, 07:32)wonslung Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still having an issue where the skin will randomly switch between list and thumbnail view.

I'll have it setup for Thumbnails, and the addon will load up thumbnails, but then randomly switch to list, then sometimes switch back..

These are the only two views that seem to be switching.

It's absolutely driving me nuts and it seems to happen in lots of different addons. Id really like to get a handle on this.

Does anyone else have this issue?

As I've said before, that's most probably the add-ons' fault. The skin view-types are set to display on content types. The add-on should declare the type immediately. Now, the list view is the only one that works with empty content, which is the reason why it switches to it. The skin switches to the list because, at that moment, the only view that the content type can match is the list. If you remove that option, then you would have add-ons that would literally not display at all, you would just get an empty screen. On the other hand, if you enabled all views on empty content, then the ugly artefacts would return. Sadly, it's either one or the other. During the years, this problem has occurred to me on various skins and with various setups, and for a long time I could not figure out why, until I found the offending add-on. If you want to get to the bottom of this, the best you could do is to determine what exact conditions does this happen under, and go from there until a pattern emerges. However, there is no real way to remove this problem skin-wise, since there really is no other system in Kodi that can replace the view-type visibility conditions.

The only other thing would be the view locking mechanism. If you have locked the view to a certain content type within the add-on, once the proper content type was recognised, it should switch back to your locked view. How long that would take will depend on your system specs and many other factors. Sometimes it works instanteneously, sometimes it takes as much as 4-5 seconds on my machine. Also, bear in mind that there are many add-ons that have their own systems of forcing skin view-types that can cause interference with the skin system. Sometimes such add-ons need to be reset for things to work properly. If the offending add-on has multiple content types within, it also might be the case that whenever you enter it, it resets the views. In that case, it would be necessary to lock all the assorted content types, videos, movies, seasons, episodes, etc. and not just one, and see if that helps. If all else fails, the only real solution would be pinpointing and removing the offending add-on.

(2017-08-01, 09:19)wonslung Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is anyone else having issues with the "changelog" section not working in the addon browser?

Krypton modified the function, there is no longer a way to read changelog.txt. What's used instead is a <news> tag method placed in the addon.xml, that most add-ons still haven't implemented. So, when there is no news in the addon.xml, there won't be any button.
Thank you for this great skin mod, I just couldn't find a way to disable notification while playing video in full screen, would you please let me know how to do it?
(2017-08-02, 08:10)n4r30s Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this great skin mod, I just couldn't find a way to disable notification while playing video in full screen, would you please let me know how to do it?

Welcome to the skin! Big Grin

If you meant the small notification bar that can appear at the bottom, there is no notification setting, it should disappear automatically in just a few seconds?
Is there a way to backup the skin settings? I know there was with Eminence 2.0, but I can't find the option since switching to MOD.
(2017-08-02, 14:28)stevo629 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to backup the skin settings? I know there was with Eminence 2.0, but I can't find the option since switching to MOD.

Skin Settings -> Extras -> Backup / Restore skin settings Wink
Where? Here's a screen shot. I don't see that setting. https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/...7iazGxSsas
(2017-08-02, 15:55)stevo629 Wrote: [ -> ]Where? Here's a screen shot. I don't see that setting. https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/...7iazGxSsas

If the setting is not visible, that means that you lack the needed add-on. The mod uses Marcel's beta add-ons, the links for which you can find in the OP. What was once one add-on was separated into three - service, backup and widgets. Check if you have script.skin.helper.skinbackup installed. When you install the add-on, the setting should appear.
is there any way to prevent "Skin Shortcuts" from reloading at startup every time i start kodi? I understand it needs to rebuild the menu if i make a change, but mine checks at startup regardless.
(2017-08-01, 11:09)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Krypton modified the function, there is no longer a way to read changelog.txt. What's used instead is a <news> tag method placed in the addon.xml, that most add-ons still haven't implemented. So, when there is no news in the addon.xml, there won't be any button.

Ahh.. so annoying. I wish someone would hack together a solution but i get it.

Honestly the changelog is something i really like reading..i guess i'll just do it manually for now. Thanks
(2017-08-02, 08:17)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-02, 08:10)n4r30s Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this great skin mod, I just couldn't find a way to disable notification while playing video in full screen, would you please let me know how to do it?

Welcome to the skin! Big Grin
If you meant the small notification bar that can appear at the bottom, there is no notification setting, it should disappear automatically in just a few seconds?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, but it won't disappear, for example when I'm downloading with Quasar the notification is there until the download is complete. I had the old Eminence Mod installed and notification was showing for only a few seconds, after installing this Mod it does not disappear.
(2017-08-02, 16:43)wonslung Wrote: [ -> ]is there any way to prevent "Skin Shortcuts" from reloading at startup every time i start kodi? I understand it needs to rebuild the menu if i make a change, but mine checks at startup regardless.

Nope, it basically does it when it believes it's necessary, the skin has no control over its mechanisms, it simply uses the system that's already there.

(2017-08-02, 16:46)wonslung Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh.. so annoying. I wish someone would hack together a solution but i get it.

Honestly the changelog is something i really like reading..i guess i'll just do it manually for now. Thanks

I think someone would have to hack Kodi python code for that to be available again, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure why they changed it, and I'm not sure why no one seems to be implementing the new method either. Huh It's no less comfortable to read.

(2017-08-04, 05:06)n4r30s Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's exactly what I mean, but it won't disappear, for example when I'm downloading with Quasar the notification is there until the download is complete. I had the old Eminence Mod installed and notification was showing for only a few seconds, after installing this Mod it does not disappear.

As I haven't really changed anything with the notifications since I started modding, nothing should be different, skin wise. The finer points of notifications can be forced by add-ons, for example, by making them persistent. In my use, I've always had them disappear, as in every skin, so I'd start with combing over the settings to see if there is such an option, even more so if this is the case with one particular add-on. If not, perhaps a debug log might help?
https://ibb.co/mCo4NF
How can I get rid of what's behind logo..or can logo be moved to the bottom..@Alanon
(2017-08-07, 05:23)Jay19802005 Wrote: [ -> ]https://ibb.co/mCo4NF
How can I get rid of what's behind logo..or can logo be moved to the bottom..@Alanon

That's some kind of bug. The logo should never be so far up, it is tied to the bottom, just above the seek-bar. There is an option in the skin to change its position horizontally (left, centre and right). Does that work properly for you?

Also, what's your skin version? Is this a new occurrence, or an old one? What's the exact behaviour you're experiencing? Are there cases when the logos are displayed properly? Any other info you can think of to give me would be helpful. Nod