Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-03-11, 22:46)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-11, 21:01)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]I did a vanilla install of Kodi 19 and scrapped using the TMDB scrapper that came with it but I just realized running this script that none of the IMDB IDs are populated, only TMDB IDs. Any suggestions on how to populate the IMDB IDs?

Hi @jsmith432, thanks for your post.

It looks strange that the TMDB scraper doesn't retrieve any IMDb ID...anyway, Light IMDb Ratings Update should also try to look for missing IMDBs IDs using the TMDB IDs (this is valid only for the TV shows). Please provide the update.log (read the first post of the thread) so that I can check what is going on.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Ciao!

Hi @axlt2002, thank you. This is only happening to movies. All the log says is "Missing IMDb ID" for all the movies. I even turned off the TV shows to test only the movies. Thank you for all the work on this add-on. I should have said that I thought it was something on the scraper/Kodi. I thought that maybe the TMDB scraper didn't get IMDBs IDs but looks like this bug that @Karellen posted.

Thanks @Karellen for posting the bug. Looks like my decision to use TMDB new scraper was a bad one.
(2021-03-12, 07:13)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like my decision to use TMDB new scraper was a bad one.
It is not scraper related. All scrapers suffer the same problem because it is Kodi core that has the bug.
(2021-03-12, 07:43)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 07:13)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like my decision to use TMDB new scraper was a bad one.
It is not scraper related. All scrapers suffer the same problem because it is Kodi core that has the bug.
I never experienced this bug...anyway it seems that is a well know (old date) issue...hope this will be fixed soon.

Have a great day!
(2021-03-12, 10:25)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]I never experienced this bug..
You are lucky!! I experience the bug every single time I scrape a tv show. I have to scrape it, delete it, then scrape it again. Never experience it with movies though.

And then there are other users that experience it with movies, but never tv shows.
(2021-03-12, 07:13)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-11, 22:46)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-11, 21:01)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]I did a vanilla install of Kodi 19 and scrapped using the TMDB scrapper that came with it but I just realized running this script that none of the IMDB IDs are populated, only TMDB IDs. Any suggestions on how to populate the IMDB IDs?

Hi @jsmith432, thanks for your post.

It looks strange that the TMDB scraper doesn't retrieve any IMDb ID...anyway, Light IMDb Ratings Update should also try to look for missing IMDBs IDs using the TMDB IDs (this is valid only for the TV shows). Please provide the update.log (read the first post of the thread) so that I can check what is going on.

Ciao!

Hi @axlt2002, thank you. This is only happening to movies. All the log says is "Missing IMDb ID" for all the movies. I even turned off the TV shows to test only the movies. Thank you for all the work on this add-on. I should have said that I thought it was something on the scraper/Kodi. I thought that maybe the TMDB scraper didn't get IMDBs IDs but looks like this bug that @Karellen posted.

Thanks @Karellen for posting the bug. Looks like my decision to use TMDB new scraper was a bad one.
I have to thank you, @jsmith432 ...I never considered the possibility to retrieve the IMDb IDs for movies since I was "sure" that these would be always present...I will add this in the next version for sure (if TMDB APIs support it, I guess so...)!

Thanks again!
(2021-03-12, 07:43)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

Understood. I was referring to the fact that I chose a scraper that didn't have IMDB ID as default. I wont rescrap my library at this point, but if I used the universal scrapper with IMDB probably this wouldn't happen right?
(2021-03-12, 10:44)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 07:13)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-11, 22:46)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jsmith432, thanks for your post.

Ciao!

I have to thank you, @jsmith432 ...I never considered the possibility to retrieve the IMDb IDs for movies since I was "sure" that these would be always present...I will add this in the next version for sure (if TMDB APIs support it, I guess so...)!

Thanks again!
That would be awesome. Thanks @axlt2002 !
(2021-03-12, 18:36)jsmith432 Wrote: [ -> ]I chose a scraper that didn't have IMDB ID as default.
But it does. All scrapers scrape the IMDB ID.
Hey, I see you're using http://www.imdb.com rather than https://www.imdb.com in the code (there are 11 instances of that excluding the license file). It took a while, but IMDB now finally supports SSL and I highly suggest using it rather than allowing your users to leak the contents of their libraries to their ISPs. (IMDB will of course still see all of this data.)

Also, I had to open up the zip archive since the github source control doesn't have the source code in it. That makes it harder to track changes between releases and to create merge requests to do this sort of work for you.

Keep up the good work!
(2021-04-20, 05:46)watch Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I see you're using http://www.imdb.com rather than https://www.imdb.com in the code (there are 11 instances of that excluding the license file). It took a while, but IMDB now finally supports SSL and I highly suggest using it rather than allowing your users to leak the contents of their libraries to their ISPs. (IMDB will of course still see all of this data.)

Also, I had to open up the zip archive since the github source control doesn't have the source code in it. That makes it harder to track changes between releases and to create merge requests to do this sort of work for you.

Keep up the good work!
Hi @watch, thanks a lot for the notification. I will for sure update to https in the next version...at the moment using http is not blocking the add-on so there is no urgency. Anyway I think the ISPs have other priorities than knowing the movies/tv shows a user has in his library...  Smile

About the availblity of the source code on github, it is something I made in the past but there was no essential contribution from the community so I decided for this way (taking note of the requests through this thread).

Thanks a lot and have a great day!
Hello,

Is there an option on your addon to only update the top250? I've been using imdb update addon to update the top250 but it is not compatible with matrix

Thanks
(2021-05-10, 00:55)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is there an option on your addon to only update the top250? I've been using imdb update addon to update the top250 but it is not compatible with matrix

Thanks
Hi @Edworld, thanks for your post.

Do you mean to update the ratings only for the movies that are in the Top250? If yes, at the moment this is not supported but I can consider it in the next version...on wich I should start to work one day or the other! Always busy...

Cheers!
Thanks for the response.

The option to update the top250 movie list only. 

Thanks
@axlt2002 Scanning stops mid-scan and throws the following error
Quote:2021-05-18 06:02:53.536 T:3434    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'Exception'>
                                                   Error Contents: ID: 0 not found
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/main.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                       StartUpdate()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/main.py", line 12, in StartUpdate
                                                       update_main.perform_update()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/update_main.py", line 229, in perform_update
                                                       TVShows()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/update_main.py", line 133, in __init__
                                                       self.doUpdateTVShows()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/update_main.py", line 176, in doUpdateTVShows
                                                       IMDb, statusInfo = get_tvshow_IMDb_ID("tvshow", TVShow[0], TVShow[2], TVShow[3], TVShow[4])
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/update_common.py", line 95, in get_tvshow_IMDb_ID
                                                       (IMDb, add_statusInfo) = get_IMDb_ID_from_theTVDB("tvshow", TVDB)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/core/tvdb_scraper.py", line 25, in get_IMDb_ID_from_theTVDB
                                                       response = show.info()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/support/tvdbsimple/series.py", line 65, in info
                                                       response = self._GET(path)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/support/tvdbsimple/base.py", line 162, in _GET
                                                       return self._request('GET', path, params=params, cleanJson=cleanJson)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/support/tvdbsimple/base.py", line 154, in _request
                                                       return self._request(method=method, path=path, params=params,
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.light.imdb.ratings.update/resources/support/tvdbsimple/base.py", line 157, in _request
                                                       raise Exception(response.json()['Error'])
                                                   Exception: ID: 0 not found
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Running 19.1 (NVIDIA Shield)
Hi @axlt2002

It's been about a year since I last updated my ratings, (mainly as I was waiting for you to release a v3.5.4 type version for Matrix) but I thought it about time I update at least a few tv shows, Unfortunately, nothing seems to happen when I run the addon on any particular tv show. Ratings for the tv show don't change, and it skips through two or three random episodes and finishes.

Wondering if you can see anything in the log. I have enabled logging in the addon settings, but not much seems to appear in the log. The only thing I see around line 1240 is DatabaseUtils::GetSortFieldList: unknown field 36, not sure if that is the issue.

https://paste.kodi.tv/pagofajozu.kodi

Will you be releasing the slower, but more accurate version for Matrix at all?