Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-08-04, 22:33)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-04, 01:12)blackreign66 Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002

I actually was never able to get the previous version of this addon working because of the same Error message. I ran the php installation again through the addon and it said it downloaded and installed php 7.1.7 and vc_redist successfully. But I am still receiving a Addon-error message when I run it manually.
LOG

Thanks blackreign66 for providing the log!

The fact that the add-on was not working also for the previous version is a "good" new, in the sense that the error is not related to the changes I have made for the version 2.0.0. The fact that PHP is correctly installed and the add-on doesn't work just confuses me...Looking at the log it seems that the error is not depending on the add-on itself but on subprocess.py python module. I'm currently trying to understand what does the error message mean on internet but actually without success (I'm not an expert)...maybe you can open a thread under the python section of the Kodi forum and ask.

The only point I can guess is if you are running Kodi with administrator privileges or not...the error seems related to the OS...and this is strange because I'm running my add-on under Windows 10 64bit without any issue.

Sorry for not being of more help at the moment. Keep me updated if you are going to contact the python experts (maybe for them the solution is quite simple...)

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks axlt2002.... I figured out why it wasn't working. I believe it had something to do with me running Kodi Dsplayer 17.3 64-Bit. I installed the 32-bit version and its working now.
(2017-08-06, 16:37)blackreign66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-04, 22:33)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-04, 01:12)blackreign66 Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002

I actually was never able to get the previous version of this addon working because of the same Error message. I ran the php installation again through the addon and it said it downloaded and installed php 7.1.7 and vc_redist successfully. But I am still receiving a Addon-error message when I run it manually.
LOG

Thanks blackreign66 for providing the log!

The fact that the add-on was not working also for the previous version is a "good" new, in the sense that the error is not related to the changes I have made for the version 2.0.0. The fact that PHP is correctly installed and the add-on doesn't work just confuses me...Looking at the log it seems that the error is not depending on the add-on itself but on subprocess.py python module. I'm currently trying to understand what does the error message mean on internet but actually without success (I'm not an expert)...maybe you can open a thread under the python section of the Kodi forum and ask.

The only point I can guess is if you are running Kodi with administrator privileges or not...the error seems related to the OS...and this is strange because I'm running my add-on under Windows 10 64bit without any issue.

Sorry for not being of more help at the moment. Keep me updated if you are going to contact the python experts (maybe for them the solution is quite simple...)

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks axlt2002.... I figured out why it wasn't working. I believe it had something to do with me running Kodi Dsplayer 17.3 64-Bit. I installed the 32-bit version and its working now.

Thanks for the update and the good new blackreign66! Maybe the 64bit version of Kodi DSPlayer has some disalignment in the python modules with respect to the 64bit version of Kodi for which the add-on works without issues.

Have a nice day!
(2017-08-05, 10:45)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-05, 10:25)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi axlt2002,

I still can't my tv show episodes to get updated.
I'm using local nfo files generated by MediaElch which are storing the information like this

episodes:
<imdbid>tt3904074</imdbid>

tv shows:
<tvdbid>286193</tvdbid>
<id>286193</id>
<imdbid>tt3515512</imdbid>

movies:
<id>tt0103644</id>
<tmdbid>8077</tmdbid>

I'm also using a centralized database with my EmbyServer which then uses the Emby for Kodi addon to sync everything to Kodi.
In the EmbyServer dashboard I can check if the IDs above are all stored correctly in the server's database. And it seems that they are.

Unfortunately, your addon does not update my tv show episodes and I don't know why it stops after updating the shows itself

Ciao Maaarv,

As written before, the format of TV Shows and Episodes in not the correct one (for the Movies neither but having <id> equal to the IMDb ID one it works). So, the point is not having the IDs but the format is used to save them. If you try to export your library from Kodi (this will overwrite your .nfo files) you can check the format Kodi uses for the IDs.

Please provide a log so that it is possible to understand better the issue.

In general is not my intention to tweak the add-on to manage all the possible formats. I would rather stay with the standardized format of Kodi 17/18 and that Ember Media Manager correctly support. My suggestion is to contact the developers of the various scrapers and check with them the point on the formats. Btw, if I'm not wrong, the latest version of MediaElch is quite old.

Cheers

Alex

I'm using MediaElch nightly builds which are still getting updated.
Nevertheless, I think the format in the nfo file doesn't really matter in my situation.
That's because the Kodi database gets updated directly from the Emby for Kodi addon and not from my nfo files.
In Emby all IMDB IDs for movies, tv shows and episodes are present.

There must be something else going wrong here Confused
(2017-08-07, 10:20)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-05, 10:45)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-05, 10:25)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi axlt2002,

I still can't my tv show episodes to get updated.
I'm using local nfo files generated by MediaElch which are storing the information like this

episodes:
<imdbid>tt3904074</imdbid>

tv shows:
<tvdbid>286193</tvdbid>
<id>286193</id>
<imdbid>tt3515512</imdbid>

movies:
<id>tt0103644</id>
<tmdbid>8077</tmdbid>

I'm also using a centralized database with my EmbyServer which then uses the Emby for Kodi addon to sync everything to Kodi.
In the EmbyServer dashboard I can check if the IDs above are all stored correctly in the server's database. And it seems that they are.

Unfortunately, your addon does not update my tv show episodes and I don't know why it stops after updating the shows itself

Ciao Maaarv,

As written before, the format of TV Shows and Episodes in not the correct one (for the Movies neither but having <id> equal to the IMDb ID one it works). So, the point is not having the IDs but the format is used to save them. If you try to export your library from Kodi (this will overwrite your .nfo files) you can check the format Kodi uses for the IDs.

Please provide a log so that it is possible to understand better the issue.

In general is not my intention to tweak the add-on to manage all the possible formats. I would rather stay with the standardized format of Kodi 17/18 and that Ember Media Manager correctly support. My suggestion is to contact the developers of the various scrapers and check with them the point on the formats. Btw, if I'm not wrong, the latest version of MediaElch is quite old.

Cheers

Alex

I'm using MediaElch nightly builds which are still getting updated.
Nevertheless, I think the format in the nfo file doesn't really matter in my situation.
That's because the Kodi database gets updated directly from the Emby for Kodi addon and not from my nfo files.
In Emby all IMDB IDs for movies, tv shows and episodes are present.

There must be something else going wrong here Confused

Hi Maaarv,

Maybe I was not clear enough. Despite the .nfo file presence or not, what is important is the format...maybe Emby doesn't use the correct one...unfortunately I'm not able to make a test being on vacation. As suggest before, can you provide a log for the updates of Movies/TV Shows/Episodes? Maybe you provided but I have missed the related post... Huh

Another thing that I suggested is to export from Kodi the video library and see what is stored in the .nfo files. Nod

Honestly, it would be more helpful to have such kind of information that you can provide instead of guessing where the issue could be. Wink
thought I would give this plugin a go, as I was using the old IMDB Updater, which has stopped working now
Don't really know what I am doing, but I cant install this as my platform isn't supported?
I am running OSMC (which is, I believe, Debian)
Hopefully this pastebin link works!

https://pastebin.com/XUVjNdSk
(2017-08-07, 14:39)tmacca Wrote: [ -> ]thought I would give this plugin a go, as I was using the old IMDB Updater, which has stopped working now
Don't really know what I am doing, but I cant install this as my platform isn't supported?
I am running OSMC (which is, I believe, Debian)
Hopefully this pastebin link works!

https://pastebin.com/XUVjNdSk

Hi tmacca,

Thanks for writing. Actually the autoconfiguration is hard coded for the platforms it was possible to test the add-on; this choice is to have a controlled compatibility of the php binaries to be installed.

Having said that, thanks for the log. It has all the information I need to provide you a test version. Please just take into account that I'm actually on vacationn...hope you can understand Wink

Alex
Thanks for the quick response Alex
I'm in no rush, don't let me get in the way of a cold beer or three!
Have fun
Hello guys

Installing the repo zip but when going in the services its just empty nothing for me to install am i missing something cheers for any help
running openelec
(2017-08-09, 16:54)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys

Installing the repo zip but when going in the services its just empty nothing for me to install am i missing something cheers for any help
running openelec

I'm using libreelec with kodi 16.1
I have the same problem. I can install the repo but get an empty list. Is there any way to install the service manually by zip?
(2017-08-10, 09:58)FfReAkDude Wrote: [ -> ]

running openelec

I have the same problem. I can install the repo but get an empty list. Is there any way to install the service manually by zip?

cheers bud was not to sure if it was just me lol
(2017-08-07, 15:32)tmacca Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response Alex
I'm in no rush, don't let me get in the way of a cold beer or three!
Have fun

Hi tmacca,

You have a private message. Wink

Alex
(2017-08-10, 15:30)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 09:58)FfReAkDude Wrote: [ -> ]

running openelec

Hi guys,

I have just installed the repository and on my side there is no issue (i.e. I can install the add-on). Can you try gain? The repository doesn't depend on the platform so maybe it was a temporary issue...

Btw, please be aware that the add-on requires Kosi 17/18 to work properly. With 16.1 only Movies update may work (to be verified).
(2017-08-10, 22:08)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 15:30)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 09:58)FfReAkDude Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using libreelec with kodi 16.1

Hi guys,

I have just installed the repository and on my side there is no issue (i.e. I can install the add-on). Can you try gain? The repository doesn't depend on the platform so maybe it was a temporary issue...

Btw, please be aware that the add-on requires Kosi 17/18 to work properly. With 16.1 only Movies update may work (to be verified).

Still showing up empty m8 did uninstall and install again but no joy bud the repo is version 1.0.0 if that helps cheers for any help m8 love to get this working
(2017-08-11, 02:27)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 22:08)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 15:30)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]cheers bud was not to sure if it was just me lol

Hi guys,

Still showing up empty m8 did uninstall and install again but no joy bud the repo is version 1.0.0 if that helps cheers for any help m8 love to get this working

I really don't know which could be the problem. Try to post a log to see if it can help.
Hi,

at first, thank you very much again for all the effort you put in this add-on. i tried to install it on my nvidia shield, but i'm getting the error message from your description. here is my log, i hope it will help you:

Kodi log

i'm looking forward to using it Smile .

have a great day

cgi2011