Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think IMDB has made some changes again.  I haven't been able to scrape for some days using the Universal Movie Scraper configured for many IMDB data retrievals.  I changed many of the settings to use other scrapers and changed my movie scraper to TMDB.  Movies scrape flawless again it appears.  Today my scheduled Light IMDB Ratings began to run but returned a cannot connect to the internet pop-up although it clearly is.  I rescheduled many times thinking maybe it would eventually connect to IMDB to no avail.  I think these things confirm IMDB isn't working anymore as we knew it and not sure if this add-on is going to work anymore as well.  On a side note, just in case this will ever resume working, it would be handy to have a 'Run Now' button instead of having to reschedule in order to run the program.
Same issue as reported above for me. Log doesn't show anything related to the error.
Thanks a lot @brazen1 and @BZwart for the notifications. I will try to give it a look tomorrow.

@brazen1, just to let you know, you can run the add-on whenever you want just clicking the icon in the Add-on menu in the Home screen. No need to reschedule it every time...  Big Grin

@BZwart, do you also receive the notification "No Internet connection"?

Thanks,

Alex
@axlt2002 Yes I'm also getting the "No internet error"
(2022-11-22, 16:30)BZwart Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002 Yes I'm also getting the "No internet error"

Ok, thanks. Which version of the add-on are you running? Are you using a VPN? Unfortunately I can not try the add-on at the moment, but any additional information could be helpful.

Alex
Same issue here - using latest version and not using a VPN

i also noticed that the TVDB scraper was no longer scraping ratings either so yea most likely an IMDB change once again
(2022-11-21, 23:34)BZwart Wrote: [ -> ]Same issue as reported above for me. Log doesn't show anything related to the error.

A 'me-too' post that also provides no log whatsoever is basically useless to anyone trying to fix related problem(s).
We are not psychics on this forum, so any additional/useful information will be welcome.

@BriceysCousin

The same applies to you.
yea sorry i was responding to @axlt2002 

"Which version of the add-on are you running? Are you using a VPN?"

i thought maybe he thought that information was useful given the question he asked
(2022-11-22, 17:16)BriceysCousin Wrote: [ -> ]yea sorry i was responding to @axlt2002 

"Which version of the add-on are you running? Are you using a VPN?"

i thought maybe he thought that information was useful given the question he asked
Thanks for the answer, even if in general, as mentioned by @Klojum, providing a log is the best way to help the developers to understand the problem. For that, the first post of this thread reports all the information (quite simple) on how to do it.

Anyway, in this specific case, the "No internet connection" issue refers to the impossibility to reach the imdb.com site. It looks really strange to me how this can happen...I will investigate.

Alex
Also, as a reminder and a FYI: please leave out any VPN references unless absolutely necessary. There is a VPN policy (wiki) on the forum, and although we all know what such a thing is capable of and in which circumstances, every time the term VPN is mentioned here our forumbot is triggered (including in quoted texts).
(2022-11-22, 17:34)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Also, as a reminder and a FYI: please leave out any VPN references unless absolutely necessary. There is a VPN policy (wiki) on the forum, and although we all know what such a thing is capable of and in which circumstances, every time the term VPN is mentioned here our forumbot is triggered (including in quoted texts).
Thanks a lot @Klojum for the notification. We will keep the forumbot sleeping!  Wink
Running 5.0.3 I don't use a VPN, but tried with VPN just to make sure it wasn't an IP block.
Also have the issue on both my Shields one running Matrix, the other Nexus.

Debug log. https://paste.kodi.tv/yoxanujisu
(2022-11-22, 15:52)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]just to let you know, you can run the add-on whenever you want just clicking the icon in the Add-on menu in the Home screen. No need to reschedule it every time... 

Thank you for the tip.  I'm using customized Aeon Nox Silvo skin with no Add-on menu so there is no icon to select.  However, I added Light IMDB Ratings Update shortcut to my Home screen Settings submenu and indeed it runs when selected.  Niiiiice  Smile

I should mention, when I drill down to the add-on in settings (where you configure it) the 'RUN' button is and has been greyed out... not that it matters now that we can use a home screen shortcut if desired.  Thanks for looking into the no internet error for us.

Also, fwiw, I have no problem opening a browser and connecting to IMDB using the unmentionable.
Here's a log if you think that might help.  I see nothing other than the script runs successfully. 

http://paste.kodi.tv/egonawudik
Hi guys,

Yesterday I tried to run the add-on and the "No Internet connection" showed-up as you reported. Today my intention was to look at the possible causes but "magically" everything was running smoothly. Therefore I think that the "No Interent connection" was just a temprary problem (don't ask me why...) that now is just disappeared...can you please give it a try as well and let me know? Thanks!

Have a great weekend!

Alex