Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-07-06, 19:00)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 13:09)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 10:43)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reply. Yes, I'm using 4.4.0, it happens for any movie/tv show. 4.2.3 still working on 18.9?
That sounds really strange...I see you are using the Xonfluence skin...con you just give a try with Estuary (i.e. the default Kodi skin)?

Let me know, thanks.

I get the same error. I had to go back on 18.9 and installed 4.2.3 and get the same error Sad
Even more than weird! The only way would really be to debug step-by-step but as I said before I can not reproduce the error on my setup.

Sorry for the stupid question: are you using the official Kodi release for Android?
(2021-07-08, 16:42)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 19:00)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 13:09)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds really strange...I see you are using the Xonfluence skin...con you just give a try with Estuary (i.e. the default Kodi skin)?

Let me know, thanks.

I get the same error. I had to go back on 18.9 and installed 4.2.3 and get the same error Sad
Even more than weird! The only way would really be to debug step-by-step but as I said before I can not reproduce the error on my setup.

Sorry for the stupid question: are you using the official Kodi release for Android?
Yes, original 18.9 on nvidia shield pro. Tested on both original and xonfluence skins.
(2021-07-08, 16:45)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-08, 16:42)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 19:00)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]I get the same error. I had to go back on 18.9 and installed 4.2.3 and get the same error Sad

Yes, original 18.9 on nvidia shield pro. Tested on both original and xonfluence skins.
So, has the add-on ever worked for you on that platform and, if yes, with which version?  Huh
(2021-07-08, 17:04)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-08, 16:45)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-08, 16:42)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Even more than weird! The only way would really be to debug step-by-step but as I said before I can not reproduce the error on my setup.

So, has the add-on ever worked for you on that platform and, if yes, with which version?  Huh

Very good question Smile. No, never. Do you think it's a problem on android 9 pie?
First of all I'm new into Kodi so excuse my ignorance
I have been trying to show IMDb rating in the description of the move to the left side of the screen. I was not successful
I installed the universal scraper and nothing was showing
I installed the light imdb rating update and still nothing.
The only way for me to see the rating is to long press on a movie than go to information there were I can see the rating
Is there a way to pull the rating to the fist screen without going to this long process
(2021-07-09, 09:51)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to pull the rating to the fist screen without going to this long process
This addon only downloads the IMDB ratings. It does not control how and where it is displayed. That is controlled by the skin. Which skin are you using?
(2021-07-09, 10:33)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 09:51)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to pull the rating to the fist screen without going to this long process
This addon only downloads the IMDB ratings. It does not control how and where it is displayed. That is controlled by the skin. Which skin are you using?

I'm using Estuary and willing to change if you recommend
(2021-07-09, 11:15)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Estuary and willing to change if you recommend
Ok. Do you have setting 1.6 enabled?... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Settings
When you enable this, it will display the ratings in lists and as a blue star on posters, depending on which view you are using.
This will now show the "default" rating and that depends on what you set as default in your scraper settings.

Light IMDB will make IMDB the default rating if you need to change the ratings around.
(2021-07-09, 11:22)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 11:15)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Estuary and willing to change if you recommend
Ok. Do you have setting 1.6 enabled?... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Settings
When you enable this, it will display the ratings in lists and as a blue star on posters, depending on which view you are using.
This will now show the "default" rating and that depends on what you set as default in your scraper settings.

Light IMDB will make IMDB the default rating if you need to change the ratings around.

Again I'm very illiterate in this but do you mean the skin setting
Where it says choose rating display for media items
It was none and I have two other choices my rating and rating
Should I change to Rating
(2021-07-09, 11:31)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 11:22)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

Again I'm very illiterate in this but do you mean the skin setting
Where it says choose rating display for media items
It was none and I have two other choices my rating and rating
Should I change to Rating

Now showing thank you so much it felt like I just got an award 😅
(2021-07-09, 11:45)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Now showing thank you so much it felt like I just got an award
Great!!

Rating= Ratings from external providers like IMDB, TMDB etc
My Rating= You can add your own rating and this will be displayed. You add the rating on the Information Page using the My Rating button.
(2021-07-08, 17:23)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-08, 17:04)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-08, 16:45)wasssu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, original 18.9 on nvidia shield pro. Tested on both original and xonfluence skins.

Very good question Smile. No, never. Do you think it's a problem on android 9 pie?
Hi @wasssu...to be honest I really don't know how to help you. Sounds strange that the issue could depend on the OS version...I don't recall any other user that experienced this problem and I guess there are a lot of Android users out there!

Anyway, does the ratings update of the movies/TV shows library work?
(2021-07-09, 11:57)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-09, 11:45)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Now showing thank you so much it felt like I just got an award
Great!!

Rating= Ratings from external providers like IMDB, TMDB etc
My Rating= You can add your own rating and this will be displayed. You add the rating on the Information Page using the My Rating button.
Thanks a lot @Karellen for your support to the thread!

Cheers!
Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem as others:
2021-07-09 10:11:21.432 T:14660   DEBUG <CAddonSettings[script.light.imdb.ratings.update]>: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2021-07-09 10:11:31.571 T:14660   DEBUG <CAddonSettings[script.light.imdb.ratings.update]>: Skipped 469 duplicate messages..

I'm using Kodi 19.1 & Light IMDB v4.4.0, on Windows 10.
I'm using default skin, with mostly default settings other then using a remote MariaDB 10 instance for the backing database.

This problem started since updating to Kodi 19. It seems to blast through the percentage progress without actually querying IMDB or updating the db.
(2021-07-09, 16:25)likeatree Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem as others:
2021-07-09 10:11:21.432 T:14660   DEBUG <CAddonSettings[script.light.imdb.ratings.update]>: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2021-07-09 10:11:31.571 T:14660   DEBUG <CAddonSettings[script.light.imdb.ratings.update]>: Skipped 469 duplicate messages..

I'm using Kodi 19.1 & Light IMDB v4.4.0, on Windows 10.
I'm using default skin, with mostly default settings other then using a remote MariaDB 10 instance for the backing database.

This problem started since updating to Kodi 19. It seems to blast through the percentage progress without actually querying IMDB or updating the db.
Hi @likeatree, thanks for you post.

Actually the log you reported is not related to the eventual issue you are encountering. You should provide the update.log you can find under the addon_data folder (please refer to the first post for the details).

Let me know.