Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-09-13, 09:28)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please also share the update log file? From what you reported it seems there is an issue at the database level...

Here is the update log: https://paste.kodi.tv/nixopoyoza

Regards,

Shedrock
(2023-09-13, 17:02)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-13, 09:28)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please also share the update log file? From what you reported it seems there is an issue at the database level...

Here is the update log: https://paste.kodi.tv/nixopoyoza

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock, sorry for my late reply...busy period here!  Oo

Looking at the log you sent, for what concern "Invasion", "RFDS", and "Halifax" it says that both TMDB and IMDb IDs are missing so that for the add-on is impossible to retrieve the ratings. Regarding "Heels" (I guess that here you switched to the season mode, right?) it seems there is an issue in parsing the page site. I will take a look to it as soon as I will have some free time...just be patient as usual, thanks.  Blush

Have a great day!
@axlt2002, thanks for the response. However, there are many shows that have IMDB numbers but still don't get updated. If I enter the IMDB number manually, then select update, it then updates it. A few weeks ago I also noticed that I have to keep pressing the update over and over, sometimes 6-8 times before the episode updates, other times it skips a whole season. For example Chicago Fire, it skipped 2 seasons, but eventually worked after trying for approx. 10 times. These weren't problems in the past, but has been gradually happening in the last few weeks.

Again, thanks for the help.

Shedrock
Hi guys,

Version 5.1.2 that fixes the ratings update for the season mode has been released. It fixes also an issue with http requests.  

Have a pleasant evening!
(2023-09-20, 17:28)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002, thanks for the response. However, there are many shows that have IMDB numbers but still don't get updated. If I enter the IMDB number manually, then select update, it then updates it. A few weeks ago I also noticed that I have to keep pressing the update over and over, sometimes 6-8 times before the episode updates, other times it skips a whole season. For example Chicago Fire, it skipped 2 seasons, but eventually worked after trying for approx. 10 times. These weren't problems in the past, but has been gradually happening in the last few weeks.

Again, thanks for the help.

Shedrock
Hi @shedrock, please give a try to the new version just released. This solves the issue about "Heels" (i.e., the ratings update using season mode) that was reported in the log you shared.

For what concern the other problem in your post above, it would be great if you can provide a log when it actually happens; may be that the http requests issue I have fixed solves also it.

Let me know.  Smile

Alex
(2023-09-24, 18:24)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @shedrock, please give a try to the new version just released. This solves the issue about "Heels" (i.e., the ratings update using season mode) that was reported in the log you shared.
Sorry for the very late response. I've just been recovering from Covid and it's been nasty. I tested this version, and so far so good.

Thank you for this update, and all your continued work on this addon.

Regards,

Shedrock
This is a great add-on, thank you.
If it's possibly helpful to anyone - the plugin was failing on a couple of TV series, so I switched the preferences from Episodes to Seasons, and also changed the thread down to 1. 

After that, it suddenly worked again on the few shows that were giving me problems - just highlighting the show, pulling up the contextual menu and choosing "Update IMDb rating" for that series. Every episode in the show was then updated with the current IMDb ratings. 

I obviously haven't read through this entire thread, so my apologies if I'm repeating what's already known. 

AWESOME plugin - THANK YOU!!!!
Will this update the IMDB ratings even if you use .nfo files?

I use an external scraper (Media Companion) to manually manage my library so i have .nfo files for every single movie which includes the IMDB rating, so obviously if I scraped the movie 2 years ago then the rating is likely out of date. Will the rating in these files conflict with the updated rating scraped by this add on? Does the new rating get saved in the Kodi database or can it make changes my .nfo files?

- My apologies if this has already been asked in this thread. I couldn't figure out how to search for it. Thanks!
(2024-02-27, 08:26)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]Will this update the IMDB ratings even if you use .nfo files?
Yes, as long as you also have either of the following tags...
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0117913</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">1645</uniqueid>

(2024-02-27, 08:26)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]Will the rating in these files conflict with the updated rating scraped by this add on?
No

(2024-02-27, 08:26)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]Does the new rating get saved in the Kodi database or can it make changes my .nfo files?
Saved in the kodi database.
To update the nfo files, you need to run an Export to separate files, not exporting artwork but allowing overwrite
@Karellen Thanks so much for the info - incredibly helpful!

I just downloaded/installed the addon and scheduled updates.

To be clear, if I would like to export these new ratings to my .nfo files, your recommendation is to use the process at this link under the "Separate Files" section?
Import-export_library/Video (wiki)

Export thumbnails and fanart? - No
Overwrite Old Files? - Yes
   --- Choosing Yes will overwrite the existing nfo files and artwork (if selected). This is useful if you have modified your metadata such as changed the artwork, created or modified movie sets, etc. Any movies/tv shows/music videos that were not present since the last Export will have the nfo and artwork exported to their directory

And if I do this, assuming I haven't made any other changes to files within Kodi (because I manage all video files, .nfo & metadata outside of Kodi with Media Companion), then it should overwrite my .nfo's making changes only to the ratings tag?

My .nfo files use the following for imdb and tmdb ID's. The only difference from your previous post is the default="true" portion for imdb. Is this ok?
    <uniqueid type="tmdb">4951</uniqueid>
    <uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt0147800</uniqueid>

Thanks again!
(2024-02-28, 01:04)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]Export thumbnails and fanart? - No
Overwrite Old Files? - Yes
That is correct.
You are using a Media Manager which, I presume, is creating the nfo files and downloading artwork. You don't want to export artwork from Kodi as it is inferior to the original versions you already have.

(2024-02-28, 01:04)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]And if I do this, assuming I haven't made any other changes to files within Kodi (because I manage all video files, .nfo & metadata outside of Kodi with Media Companion), then it should overwrite my .nfo's making changes only to the ratings tag?
Yes. The only other change will the the playcount and last played data and possibly stream details if the media manager did not already add them in the original nfo file.

(2024-02-28, 01:04)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]The only difference from your previous post is the default="true" portion for imdb. Is this ok?
Yep, that is fine. One (and only one) always needs to be set as default="true"
I let imdb be set as default, so that rating is displayed in Kodi by default. The other ratings have to be coded to display in the skin.
Make sure the setting in this addon is set to "make imdb the default rating" or however it is worded.
Wonderful, thanks so much! Excited to test this out. Very large library so it will probably take a while, but can't wait
(2024-02-28, 01:25)bteamstephen Wrote: [ -> ]Wonderful, thanks so much! Excited to test this out. Very large library so it will probably take a while, but can't wait
There should be a Context Menu shortcut that allows you to update a movie or tv show one at a time. Try that first before running the full library update.
Also if it is a huge library, IMDB may limit or block your requests after a while.
Using 8 threads on 20.3 (Nvidia Shield) and runnings the addon, the scrapping of ratings goes all the way to the end, but does not populate anything (number of votes specially).
Turning down 8 threads to 4 threads and it fixes this issue.