Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The most important comment being "VERY unstable, unusable." (not sure why I can't edit my post, didn't meant to omit that one)
Yes, that one. I know that list was created some time ago. FEL playback is quite stable on Plex now, but unfortunately, I can't get lossless audio working outside of Kodi.
(2021-02-25, 10:43)mattmarsden Wrote: [ -> ]Also, profile 5 mp4/mkvs don't play properly on this build with the Ugoos - theres lots of flickering and flashing whereas on the standard Kodi 19 build profile 5 mp4s play fine.

I was getting that annoying flashing with some profile 5 mkv's too. But that was the ugoos box as it got fixed with an update. (0.5.0 was giving me DV in coreelec and that didn't look good) 0.5.1 update seems to be okay.
Does Kodi process the FEL on your Ugoos device?
(2022-07-07, 00:07)JoseTheBae Wrote: [ -> ]Does Kodi process the FEL on your Ugoos device?

It doesn't play FEL in .mkv but I dont know about .mp4, I have a few bluray mkv remuxes and the ones that don't play seem to be discs with FEL.
(2022-07-07, 00:07)JoseTheBae Wrote: [ -> ]Does Kodi process the FEL on your Ugoos device?

My AM6 Plus 2021 plays FEL mkvs (ST-DL) on 0.4.2 and 0.5.2 using Kodinerds (19.4 and 20a), but some videos exhibit EL out-of-sync issues (e.g., EL is delayed and is visible as shifted ghost overlays). Had these issues with Forrest Gump and Godfather. For the latter I've tried my own copy remux and downloaded one for test to rule out my muxing errors).
Though one has to watch a FEL movie without any breaks as for me pause/resume causes sync issues, stuttering and flickers.
For some movies rewind (without pause) works ok, so for a break I rewind couple of minutes back and try to come back in time)).
Haven't fully tested 0.5.2 sync stability yet, but I doubt it's fixed.
Are you using one of the Kodinerds build on this page? I tried the first one, but I still get flickering in the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. I would be happy if I just got it processing the Full Enhancement Layer, even if I couldn't pause or fast forward. If that's not the build you are using, could you share a link to yours?
(2022-07-07, 17:11)JoseTheBae Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using one of the Kodinerds build on this page? I tried the first one, but I still get flickering in the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. I would be happy if I just got it processing the Full Enhancement Layer, even if I couldn't pause or fast forward. If that's not the build you are using, could you share a link to yours?

Yes, I'm using the latest build of Kodinerds Nexus from the repo in the link (*.kodi20.*) from 06.07.22. I will try to check Saving Private Ryan tomorrow and get back.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I haven’t used the Nexus build because I wasn’t able to install PlexKodiConnect in Kodi for some reason.
While waiting for ChuckDV to get back...... I thought I would try playing Saving Private Ryan DV remux mkv on my Ugoos AM6+ revB (0.5.1) using latest Kodinerds 20. I'm no expert on DV but it played which is a good start, but yes there was some fast brightness flashing/flickering at the start and some ghosting later on. It actually resumed once and I could skip forward and it managed to catch up in a few seconds. (It played better than I expected)
Mortal Engines (FEL) plays okay-ish too with some ghosting. (I already knew that one played with Kodinerds)
But a lot of other FEL movies still don't play for me like Top Gun, Jaws, Total Recall......plus a few others which I can't remember .....! No idea why some FEL Do and some FEL Don't? Is it the same for others with the AM6 ?
So as I said before my box doesn't play FEL or it doesn't play it well. Profile 5 & 7 MEL & 8 play much better but HDR is far more relaxing experience Smile .
I was hoping ffmpeg in Android Kodi would be updated and solve all these problems but that doesn't look like it is going to happen any time soon.

BTW I did update the Ugoos to 5.0.2 but I instantly got playback problems with everything so I went back to 5.0.1.
Yeah, I have not been able to get the Full Enhancement Layer processed in Kodi, but Plex did play Dolby Vision content perfectly, just without lossless audio. I am hoping Plex supports lossless audio on the Ugoos devices soon, because that looks like it will provide the smoothest playback.
(2021-03-01, 00:32)ragico Wrote: [ -> ]On GoogleChromecast with Google Tv I installed the 32 bit version (as the OS is 32 bit on this device).
All Mel DV mkv play perfectly.
All Fel DV mkv play for 5/6 seconds and then stop.
All Fel mkv play perfectly in Plex and in Emby.
Can you and @quietvoid do something for this problem?
Thanks @fandangos and @quietvoid

Has a solution been made available to this exact problem?
I get stable Fel playback on my minix u22 with ugoos firmware. I’m using the internal player and m2ts files. Mkv files don’t play at all or properly using Kodi and plex. C1 is my monitor and player-led unchecked.

No rw or ff without movie quitting.

Edit: pacific rim uprising froze after 20 minutes.
So how can I use Kodi and plex properly?
Using a windows computer and google tv, how to watch dolby vision in mkv format, waiting, thank you. Or is it better to use PLEX, for dolby vision/atmos