Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Correction: DV works with MEL layers that I believe carry only dynamic metadata and nothing else. See this list - if the MEL layer carries like 0.09 Mb/s, it works. If it carries ~0.7 Mb/s, or indeed the most common 2 Mb/s, then it does not work.
So Maven build only works on 2019 Shield?

I have newer Shield TV. Am I out of luck?
There are no newer shields than the 2019 version.
Oops.  Never mind.  I was confused with 2017 version.  I have 2019 version and Maven's Matrix build shows Dolby Vision!   Awesome!!
Good evening, would anyone know how to disable hdr in kodi on an android phone? I've tried everything, the new official versions, or maven with the new versions, and even so the hdr is still activated, my cell phone is an s10+ exynos with hdr support.
With HDR enabled my videos on youtube are faded in color.
Just want to report that if you observe black screen on Dolby Vision movie with profile 8 on Ugoos AM6 Plus box, update the firmware to 0.5.4.
- Fixes of automatic frame rate function for Dolby Vision
(2022-12-11, 13:18)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to report that if you observe black screen on Dolby Vision movie with profile 8 on Ugoos AM6 Plus box, update the firmware to 0.5.4.
- Fixes of automatic frame rate function for Dolby Vision

So 0.5.4. is working for you okay then and playing smooth. I'm still on 0.5.2 , might try the update. I've never had much success with the auto frame rate switching on this box with any codex, I gave up and just check it and change manually.
When will kodi be updated to ffmpeg 5 to play all kinds of dovi?
For some reason Kodi 20 RC2 (Maven's build) has issues with Atmos passthrough on the Fire TV Cube (3rd). True-HD and DTS-HD passthrough works like a charm, but when E-AC3 contains Atmos metadata, audio playback stutters or is completely silent. On the Shield TV Pro (2019) I don't experience any issues, but obviously that's a different build.
(2022-05-21, 20:47)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-21, 15:23)RSAF Wrote: [ -> ]Would you please send this version link? I can't find it. is a stable build? best regards.

64-bit versions: https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...arm64-v8a)

32-bit versions: https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...meabi-v7a)

And no, there is no such thing as a v20 stable build yet.

Also, the Matrix versions are based on 19.4, but also nightlies, i.e. there could be issues with them (although they are usually very stable).

Which version for android tv?
77mb
Or
69mb?

what are the differences?

Thank you very much
(2023-01-07, 11:21)gamete Wrote: [ -> ]Which version for android tv?
77mb
Or
69mb?

It depends on the Android TV version you are running. Most TVs with Android TV are 32-bit. The normal Nvidia Shield 2019 is also 32-bit, but the Shield 2019 Pro is 64-bit.

The easiest way is just to try to install the 64-bit APK first and if it doesn't want to install, use the 32-bit version instead.
(2023-01-07, 12:09)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-07, 11:21)gamete Wrote: [ -> ]Which version for android tv?
77mb
Or
69mb?

It depends on the Android TV version you are running. Most TVs with Android TV are 32-bit. The normal Nvidia Shield 2019 is also 32-bit, but the Shield 2019 Pro is 64-bit.

The easiest way is just to try to install the 64-bit APK first and if it doesn't want to install, use the 32-bit version instead.

is it the 69mb 32bit version?

And the dolby vision in mkv works?
64-bit version = arm64-v8a