Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of questions.

- Why is ASS still creating (empty) artist folders while the settings for downloading images, album info, artist bio and similar artists are disabled?

- I have a lot of dj mix/compilation cd's. FanartTV and The AudioDB don't have images for most of the artists on compilation cd's. In this scenario the alternative slideshow kicks in. But I prefer to see the images for the albumartist for compilation cd's. Is this possible yet?
Play 3 compilation cd'swith 45 unknown artists for example and you'll find 45 extra empty folders on your harddrive.
(2018-10-29, 21:54)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a couple of questions.

- Why is ASS still creating (empty) artist folders while the settings for downloading images, album info, artist bio and similar artists are disabled?

- I have a lot of dj mix/compilation cd's. FanartTV and The AudioDB don't have images for most of the artists on compilation cd's. In this scenario the alternative slideshow kicks in. But I prefer to see the images for the albumartist for compilation cd's. Is this possible yet?
1- AS creates the folder when the song starts playing assuming that in most cases something will end up there.  That's just the way it's coded.

2- Nope.
Well that assumption doesn't apply for my dj mix cd's. For 1 out of 10 artists or so there are images available. Dance music producers use a lot of nicknames/aliases.

Example aliases Tiësto
https://www.discogs.com/artist/6197-DJ-Tiësto

That's the main reason ASS won't find images. They're just not available. Can you change the code please? Only create folders when there are images available? Shouldn't be too difficult...

It's a pity that there's no possibillity to set the album artist as fallback option Sad
"I prefer to see the images for the albumartist for compilation cd's. Is this possible?"

You can add any images you have into the Folder AS has created for that name.  The images will then display from there.  Copy once and your done.
(2018-11-05, 21:23)tscholl Wrote: [ -> ]"I prefer to see the images for the albumartist for compilation cd's. Is this possible?"

You can add any images you have into the Folder AS has created for that name.  The images will then display from there.  Copy once and your done.
That's not a solution. ASS creates new folders for each artist on a compilation cd. The album artist and the (track)artist(s) are not the same on dj mix compilation cd's. Assuming there are 15 different artists on a compilation cd,I have to copy the album artist images to all those 15 folders.
(2018-08-24, 13:43)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]i'm having issues since the latest release.
Some instances cause ASS to get stuck on the last played artist's fanart.

Example:
Use party mode, end playback by holding back button on remote.
Start music playback again, instead of ASS it shows one fanart from the last played artist (no cycling through).
The only thing that solves it is restarting KODI.

I will try installing an older release of ASS over the weekend to pinpoint the exact version where it broke.

Also seem to be having this issue. It happens for me in the Home Screen Menu on several skins, and the Music Vis screen. But only if the subsequent Artist / Album being played has no local artwork, and ASS can't find any online with the option "Use Local & remote fanart" enabled. The setting "display transparent image if no artist images found" is not being respected it seems. However this might also be a skin Helper / skin shortcuts conflict.
Query for pkscout in another thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342286
I have selected the option, but it is not working. What am I doing wrong?

As you can see, the above image I do not have in my Eminem/extrafanart folder but yet it appears at the very beginning of an Eminem song.
@VikkiXavier

Merged you into the correct thread.
(2019-03-23, 06:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]I have selected the option, but it is not working. What am I doing wrong?As you can see, the above image I do not have in my Eminem/extrafanart folder but yet it appears at the very beginning of an Eminem song.
Try turning off the option at the bottom of the settings screen shot labeled "Use transparent background when no artist images found."  When AS first starts there are no images yet found, so it will show the background image for the artist that Kodi downloaded briefly before starting the slideshow.  If you uncheck the option I mentioned you'll get a blank screen until the slideshow starts.
(2019-03-24, 14:40)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 06:24)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]I have selected the option, but it is not working. What am I doing wrong?As you can see, the above image I do not have in my Eminem/extrafanart folder but yet it appears at the very beginning of an Eminem song.

Try turning off the option at the bottom of the settings screen shot labeled "Use transparent background when no artist images found."  When AS first starts there are no images yet found, so it will show the background image for the artist that Kodi downloaded briefly before starting the slideshow.  If you uncheck the option I mentioned you'll get a blank screen until the slideshow starts. 

I followed your instruction, but still the same problem. The local images are not appearing first. Both local and remote appearing together in mixed form. I am wanting the local images in the extrafanart folder to appear first,  which I can't get to work. Please help !! Sad
I think, I solved the problem. I did a clean library, and it worked.
I can't get AS to work anymore.
I attach the kodi log here
What could be the problem?
(2019-03-26, 14:38)eljejer Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get AS to work anymore.
I attach the kodi log here
What could be the problem?
For some reason there is a parse error with a JSON call AS makes to Kodi, but that call has worked fine in the past.  I did notice that you are running 18.2-RC1 which probably means you're downloading from the nightlies.  Nightlies sometimes break stuff temporarily, so you might try downloading another nightly build in a day or two and see if the problem is resolved.  I don't remember seeing anything about JSON changes in 18.2, but I will check.