Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately Kodi 17 is no longer supported, and I definitely can't support AS on Kodi 17.  I'm actually a bit surprised the 3.x branch even works on Kodi 17.  Best of luck figuring out what's going on.
(2021-11-03, 00:46)daboss597 Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is i can't upgrade because that's the highest Kodi version my stupid old graphics card can handle
If budget is tight, may best wait till black friday and go for an amazon 4K or 4K Max stick on amazon.

I got a new amazon 4K stick for £29.99 in the last sale
(2021-11-03, 00:46)daboss597 Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is i can't upgrade because that's the highest Kodi version my stupid old graphics card can handle

Looks like amazon 4k stick is on offer in the uk at currys today £27.99
Hi pk is there any chance of you releasing the last version of artist slideshow that will work with
kodi 17.6 in zip form to install on this version of kodi
Rew88
(2021-11-11, 14:16)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pk is there any chance of you releasing the last version of artist slideshow that will work with
Rew88
I'm not understanding why you would need that.  The official repo is still available for Kodi 17.6, and AS 2.1.4 (the last version released that works with anything as old as 17.x) is in there.  Nonetheless, here's a link to it:

http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/a...-2.1.4.zip
(2021-11-11, 19:55)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-11, 14:16)rew88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pk is there any chance of you releasing the last version of artist slideshow that will work with
Rew88
I'm not understanding why you would need that.  The official repo is still available for Kodi 17.6, and AS 2.1.4 (the last version released that works with anything as old as 17.x) is in there.  Nonetheless, here's a link to it:

Thanks pk 

rew88

http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/a...-2.1.4.zip
Question about using an override slideshow. Is there any limit to how many images can be in the override slideshow image folder? It appears to pick images randomly to display but I notice that it seems to repeat many images, how does the randomization occur and when adding additional images to the override directory between usages of AS do I need to do anything to make sure the new images are picked up? Thanks!
(2021-12-17, 15:55)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]Question about using an override slideshow. Is there any limit to how many images can be in the override slideshow image folder? It appears to pick images randomly to display but I notice that it seems to repeat many images, how does the randomization occur and when adding additional images to the override directory between usages of AS do I need to do anything to make sure the new images are picked up? Thanks!

The only limit is whatever limit the OS has on the number of files in a directory. And if you set an override AS won’t reset the slideshow until it runs out of images. Stopping the music or exiting the music visualization screen will reset the override slideshow. You have to be running Kodi 19 and the most vpcurrent version of AS. Older AS versions would rest the override slideshow at every artist change.
@pkscout Thank you for the reply that is the exact info I was looking for. Turns out I was wrong about the repeats, their were a few images in the directory that were very similar so I though they were getting repeated. Thanks for your work on this addon!
@pkscout Nvidia just updated the Shields to v 9.0.0 of their sw which is based on Android 11. I have noticed that it breaks 2 specific things when I'm listening to music (I'm using Layout 7 in Latts MQ 8 Matrix Mod but my guess is that other Layouts are effected as well). Based on what I see I think it has to do with write permissions. Here are the two items that no longer work:

1 - Scrolling thru artist images as background using Artist Slideshow (only 1 image displays).
2 - The discography display that scrolls thru the artist discography in the lower right of the screen no longer appears (not sure which specific addon is responsible for that).

#1 appears to be Artist Slideshow, not sure about #2. I can post a debug log if you would be willing to take a look. Thanks.
(2022-01-14, 19:01)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout Nvidia just updated the Shields to v 9.0.0 of their sw which is based on Android 11. I have noticed that it breaks 2 specific things when I'm listening to music (I'm using Layout 7 in Latts MQ 8 Matrix Mod but my guess is that other Layouts are effected as well). Based on what I see I think it has to do with write permissions. Here are the two items that no longer work:

1 - Scrolling thru artist images as background using Artist Slideshow (only 1 image displays).
2 - The discography display that scrolls thru the artist discography in the lower right of the screen no longer appears (not sure which specific addon is responsible for that).

#1 appears to be Artist Slideshow, not sure about #2. I can post a debug log if you would be willing to take a look. Thanks.
Update - I have been able to resolve both of these issues. Hopefully this will help others. Went into the Artist Slideshow addon configuration under storage for artist images and artist information custom locations I switched to NFS (was using SMB). Also if you are using a fallback image location switch that to NFS as well. For me this looks to have resolved the issues I was having as listed.
Hi pkscout,

I saw that additional artwork like covers, cdart, (hd)musiclogo, banner and others are referenced and stored in the fanarttvartistimages.nfo. Is it possible to provide those references (links) as additional properties [e.g. Window.Property(ArtistSlideshow.Artwork.logo) or Window.Property(ArtistSlideshow.Artwork.cdart) and so on] while AS ist playing? This would be a great benefit for skins to show additional fanart on music visualization and even while streaming radio stations.
(2022-02-22, 17:44)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pkscout,

I saw that additional artwork like covers, cdart, (hd)musiclogo, banner and others are referenced and stored in the fanarttvartistimages.nfo. Is it possible to provide those references (links) as additional properties [e.g. Window.Property(ArtistSlideshow.Artwork.logo) or Window.Property(ArtistSlideshow.Artwork.cdart) and so on] while AS ist playing? This would be a great benefit for skins to show additional fanart on music visualization and even while streaming radio stations.
I'll add it to the feature request list.  No promises on when or if it will happen though.
windows 8.1 + kodi 16.1 + skin ace + as 1.7.0 ---> image slideshow work

windows 7 + kodi 16.1 + skin ace + as 1.7.0 / 2.1.4 / 2.1.5 ---> image slideshow not work aka black. no images are downloaded in the folders. blank folders
(2022-03-22, 15:36)jangkrik Wrote: [ -> ]windows 8.1 + kodi 16.1 + skin ace + as 1.7.0 ---> image slideshow work

windows 7 + kodi 16.1 + skin ace + as 1.7.0 / 2.1.4 / 2.1.5 ---> image slideshow not work aka black. no images are downloaded in the folders. blank folders
You need to upgrade to a current Kodi version.  Kodi 19 is current and what I support.