Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-09-03, 16:19)dib_ Wrote: [ -> ]Documentation is hard and I doubt you're getting paid for it.  I just wanted to be sure I'm not overlooking something because I tried setting this up on both a PC install of Kodi and my Nvidia Shield, and both are getting the same generic errors trying to add a launcher.

It looks to me like it can't resolve paths
-->End of Python script error report<--
 Looks like you are trying out the Nvidia gamestream launcher using the 'master' branch which is under heavy development. If you want a stable version please download the 0.9.8 branch.
The master branch will be updated soon fixing this issue, but it will still be experimental/under development.
Well, I downloaded the one currently on the site.  But that was my next move--I saw a comment in here that mentioned an older version may work.

Forgot to mention--I think I did try installing 9.7 in the first place.  I found the forum post on page 1 of here before I found the github.  Didn't have any better luck but the other post said something like 0.9.0

Apart from not being able to run it, I do appreciate all the work that's gone into this.  I'm new to Kodi, just bought a Shield, don't even know much about Android.  But hopefully (eventually) I'll be able to sort it out and get something running.

---

Looks like you were right.  098 installs and runs, except now there's no option to launch Gamestream so it appears I'll just need to wait for a future release.
(2018-09-03, 17:01)dib_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I downloaded the one currently on the site.  But that was my next move--I saw a comment in here that mentioned an older version may work.

Forgot to mention--I think I did try installing 9.7 in the first place.  I found the forum post on page 1 of here before I found the github.  Didn't have any better luck but the other post said something like 0.9.0

Apart from not being able to run it, I do appreciate all the work that's gone into this.  I'm new to Kodi, just bought a Shield, don't even know much about Android.  But hopefully (eventually) I'll be able to sort it out and get something running.

---

Looks like you were right.  098 installs and runs, except now there's no option to launch Gamestream so it appears I'll just need to wait for a future release.
Yes, that is still in development. Keep checking out this thread, more stable betas will be coming soon.
Ok perfect ,

Thank you for the help Smile
(2018-09-13, 20:53)sparky1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok perfect ,

Thank you for the help Smile

Are you going to upgrade MAME or do you want me to give support to obsolete 0.182?
For me it is not possible to scrap my added roms to an launcher. What does I have to do to get some boxarts shown in the ui. During the scrapping progress it seems that ALE does not find any Data fitting to my rooms. Is there a possibility to configure a path  / folder for thumbnails / boxarts?

THX
(2018-09-15, 16:24)sepalod Wrote: [ -> ]For me it is not possible to scrap my added roms to an launcher. What does I have to do to get some boxarts shown in the ui. During the scrapping progress it seems that ALE does not find any Data fitting to my rooms. Is there a possibility to configure a path  / folder for thumbnails / boxarts?

THX
Currently most online artwork scrapers are broken. Webmasters have changed the websites and AEL haven't caught yet. Mobygames should work.

Alternatively, you can download artwork collections, place in AEL artwork directories for each launcher, and then rescan for artwork for AEL to show them up. You have plenty of links to places where you can download artwork collections on the first post.

The offline metadata scraper is good for some platforms but not for others. You can check the status of the offline metadata scraper browser. The offline scraper is still WIP.

Also, you can test the scrapers status in the ROM context menu. Go to your favourite ROM in your favourite launcher, open the context menu. Then, try to scrape some metadata and artwork and you can verify which scrapers are working and which not. Once you figure out the scrapers you want, change the ROM Scanner settings in the addon settings, delete all your ROMs from your launcher and rescan the ROMs again.

(2018-09-15, 16:24)sepalod Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to configure a path / folder for thumbnails / boxarts?
What do you mean? When you configure your launcher you specify the assets directory. AEL then creates inside the 'titles', 'snaps', etc. and those paths are where you should put the artwork. The online artwork scrapers place scraped images on those paths. You can change those paths in the Launcher context menu but it is not recommended.
Thx a lot. I forgot this ALE thumbnails folder...damm. Now I could solve my problem by adding some symlinks from my retroarch folder to this ALE thumbnails folder. 
next problem are my Arcade roms ( MAME,  NEO GEO). Scrapping will not work (don't find anything online) and due to this short rom names, the thumbnails, which are named as the real name of this roms, are not shown. Any idea to solve this?

As always... THX!!!
(2018-09-16, 19:56)sepalod Wrote: [ -> ]Thx a lot. I forgot this ALE thumbnails folder...damm. Now I could solve my problem by adding some symlinks from my retroarch folder to this ALE thumbnails folder. 
next problem are my Arcade roms ( MAME,  NEO GEO). Scrapping will not work (don't find anything online) and due to this short rom names, the thumbnails, which are named as the real name of this roms, are not shown. Any idea to solve this?

As always... THX!!!
Offline scraper for MAME and arcade works 100% OK. For arcade is strongly recommended to download the artwork collection due to the vast number of ROMs.

Also, try Advanced MAME Launcher for MAME. In AML you have a default custom filter for Neo GEO and other well known systems.
Hi @Wintermute0110 
can you explain me how to use this offline scrapers?

And I have one more question. The newest kodi v18 version has this category "games". Is it possible to move the ALE plugin into these category instead of the add-on category?
This post can be deleted, sorry..
(2018-09-16, 21:06)sepalod Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Wintermute0110 
can you explain me how to use this offline scrapers?

And I have one more question. The newest kodi v18 version has this category "games". Is it possible to move the ALE plugin into these category instead of the add-on category?

Please read the post "AEL Metadata and Asset scrapers demystified", you have the link in the first post. If after reading it still have questions please ask again.
What are all the program arguments that are available for AEL? I looked at the wiki and the info was blank.  I know about %rom%, but are there any others?  Like system name? I plan to use AEL with Retroarch and I have a script that selects the correct core based on the system