Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-12, 18:06)Slurm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-12, 16:57)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]Create a standalone launcher pointing to D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteLauncher.exe and report the result. 
This works, thanks! So I can create lnk files with these paths in them and put them in my Steam lnk Folder and scrape them.

This is a good solution for me as I only have a few Games from Epic, but it would be great if we can start url files directly without "converting" them to lnk.

Cool it works.

I think it's better to inspect the URLs and then create LNKs. LNKs are kind of standard Windows files. These URL files...
(2019-10-08, 08:47)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-07, 19:25)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]1. Works! Except that the number still shows on the AEL menu from the home screen.

2. Speaking from there...How do I delete the launchers from that menu item? I have deleted the launcher from the main ael addon but the launcher is still on the home -> AEL -> launchers. Then when rebuilding the launcher within the AEL addon..everything is fine...when I back out to the home screen and try to launch from the AEL menu item it warns me that this item is not found (I would think that it just needs to be updated or replaced..but i can not figure out how to do that).

Doumouarigatogozaimasu! This addon is wonderful thank you for your hard work!

Regarding point 2: there is no need to delete the whole launcher and reimport the XML file again. If you want to change the ROMs go to the launcher context menu, then "Manage ROMs" and then select the option to delete all ROMs. With the launcher empty of items, open AEL settings from the context menu and check the settings that affect the scanner are like you want. Finally scan your ROMs to add them to the launcher with new settings.

If your skin supports widgets (launchers in the home screen) then Kodi creates a cache with the contents of the Launcher. For example, if you use skin Estuary AEL, Kodi calls AEL at boot time to fill the contents of the categories and launchers in the home screen. Then, if you go to AEL and make some changes in your launchers these changes will not update the home screen immediately. Note that Kodi or the skin must call AEL again to re-read the changes. This is something that is done by Kodi or the skin and is beyond my control. I'm not sure how frequently Kodi refreshes the contents of widgets or what rules follow to do that.

As a general rule, configure the categories/launchers always inside AEL, make sure everything is like you want and ignore things outside AEL (like launchers in the home screen). Then, reboot Kodi to force an update of all widgets and menus outside AEL. Note that if you delete a Launcher and create a new one, even if the Launcher is the same and has a new name, however it will have a different ID and for AEL is a different Launcher. Probably you will need to delete the old widget in the home screen and create a new widget to point to the new launcher.  

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I see that now Thank you very much! Laugh

I have another question err two questions:

1. I can create new collections and add them without problem..but I was wondering is there a way to add them to the AEL option on the home screen like the systems are listed? I know they can be added to the favorites but I like to try to keep everything.."clean and organized".

2. Is there anyway to change the label of AEL to "Games"? I like how the Categories and Launchers are listed there. It is clean and good looking with artwork Smile
However I am trying to set up my kodi box and make it as easy as possible to use for "non-technical users" in my household. (if not I understand just asking!)

Thank you again for your hard work
(2019-10-14, 05:33)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]1. I can create new collections and add them without problem..but I was wondering is there a way to add them to the AEL option on the home screen like the systems are listed? I know they can be added to the favorites but I like to try to keep everything.."clean and organized".

Are you using Estuary AEL Mod skin? If so, I can add a widget for ROM Collections on the next version.

(2019-10-14, 05:33)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]2. Is there anyway to change the label of AEL to "Games"? I like how the Categories and Launchers are listed there. It is clean and good looking with artwork Smile
However I am trying to set up my kodi box and make it as easy as possible to use for "non-technical users" in my household. (if not I understand just asking!)

If you want to change the label on the home screen then you have to edit the XML code of the skin. That's beyond AEL control.
(2019-10-14, 10:35)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-14, 05:33)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]1. I can create new collections and add them without problem..but I was wondering is there a way to add them to the AEL option on the home screen like the systems are listed? I know they can be added to the favorites but I like to try to keep everything.."clean and organized".

Are you using Estuary AEL Mod skin? If so, I can add a widget for ROM Collections on the next version.
(2019-10-14, 05:33)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]2. Is there anyway to change the label of AEL to "Games"? I like how the Categories and Launchers are listed there. It is clean and good looking with artwork Smile

If you want to change the label on the home screen then you have to edit the XML code of the skin. That's beyond AEL control.  
Yes I am the Estuary AEL Mod skin. I tried using the Confluence AEL mod skin but I get an error with it (dependancy I think?).

2. Ah the open source answer. Thank you very much I'll look into that Smile
Can someone help me out with getting this working with android? My problem is when I select "add new launcher / Emulator" 
there is no way to select an app like retroArch or other installed apps as only UsbStorage and internal storage are shown?
(2019-10-24, 20:19)tillaz87 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me out with getting this working with android? My problem is when I select "add new launcher / Emulator" 
there is no way to select an app like retroArch or other installed apps as only UsbStorage and internal storage are shown?

Use the XML files to create the Launchers. Look at the Android examples in the AEL Asset Library, you have links in the first post.
(2019-10-25, 09:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 20:19)tillaz87 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me out with getting this working with android? My problem is when I select "add new launcher / Emulator" 

Use the XML files to create the Launchers. Look at the Android examples in the AEL Asset Library, you have links in the first post. 
Thanks will check it out
Having a problem getting SNES and 3DO boxart to display correctly in Aura.  In both cases, the images are cropped too much.  This is skin is supported so maybe I'm doing something wrong - spent yesterday trying to fix it but didn't get anywhere so thought I'd post.  

I am attempting to display the SNES boxart in Landscape Showcase view and the 3DO boxart in Showcase view.  These images are cropped correctly if I switch skins, but I absolutely love Aura so I have no interest in using another skin.  Any help would be appreciated and thanks to Wintermute0110 for this amazing add-on!
(2019-11-03, 18:06)Dazer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Having a problem getting SNES and 3DO boxart to display correctly in Aura.  In both cases, the images are cropped too much.  This is skin is supported so maybe I'm doing something wrong - spent yesterday trying to fix it but didn't get anywhere so thought I'd post.  

I am attempting to display the SNES boxart in Landscape Showcase view and the 3DO boxart in Showcase view.  These images are cropped correctly if I switch skins, but I absolutely love Aura so I have no interest in using another skin.  Any help would be appreciated and thanks to Wintermute0110 for this amazing add-on!
Can you please put some screenshots showcasing the issue?
(2019-11-03, 18:07)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-03, 18:06)Dazer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Having a problem getting SNES and 3DO boxart to display correctly in Aura.  In both cases, the images are cropped too much.  This is skin is supported so maybe I'm doing something wrong - spent yesterday trying to fix it but didn't get anywhere so thought I'd post.  

Image[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/1Gma651.png

https://i.imgur.com/7RQiq95.png
(2019-11-03, 18:21)Dazer12 Wrote: [ -> ]

The only way to fix this is to modify the XML files of the skin. Now the aspect ration is set tostretch and I guess you want keep. Have a look here for more information.
(2019-11-07, 07:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-03, 18:21)Dazer12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-03, 18:07)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please put some screenshots showcasing the issue? 

The only way to fix this is to modify the XML files of the skin. Now the aspect ration is set tostretch and I guess you want keep. Have a look here for more information. 

Thanks for your reply!  Unfortunately, I didn't have much luck.  Found the skin xml (settings.xml) in the addon_data folder, but I couldn't find this line: <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="left" aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>

I also tried adding that line, but there was no change.  I think I'm either missing something or I'm looking at the wrong xml.  Hopefully you can help, but if not, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  At least now I know there is a way to do it via the xml.
Anyone have any idea why pcsx rearmed is not an option for retroplayer on android? It only gives me beetle pcx and that is just a black screen even with bios in system folder.

my only problem using retroarch with AEL is when you quit a game your inside retroarch rather than back to AEL.
(2019-11-07, 20:41)Dazer12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-07, 07:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-03, 18:21)Dazer12 Wrote: [ -> ]https://i.imgur.com/1Gma651.png

Thanks for your reply!  Unfortunately, I didn't have much luck.  Found the skin xml (settings.xml) in the addon_data folder, but I couldn't find this line: <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="left" aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>

I also tried adding that line, but there was no change.  I think I'm either missing something or I'm looking at the wrong xml.  Hopefully you can help, but if not, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  At least now I know there is a way to do it via the xml.

I think is better if you ask Jurialmunkey in the Aura skin subforum. Post an screenshot of the view you wanna modify, he will point what is the XML file you have to edit.