Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw the link you posted, can not figure out where to find the dmix ALSA plugin to be able to make changes in the link you posted.

I'm doing various tests with putty ... but nothing answer me for the better.
I'm going on trial, to the maximum ignorance ... nonstante is doing research on google, I miss the stage for a decisive approach.

I opened the system folders with filezilla, to see if I could find in my "asound.conf" to make the modifice reported last post your link.

I am going crazy.

could you add an option in "Settings", "Advanced", so I can try?

guide me on this dmix alsa plugin?
my audio_device is "hw 0.3"
I rehearsed with retroarch, this is my hardware that emits sounds.

in the link you posted is the last answer, the solution to my problem ... but I can not find the dmix ALSA plugin to be installed.

exceedingly'll be forced to abandon AEL ... really a shame ... do not have the programming culture to be able to solve this ...

I await your news

thank you and excuse me for this
@rik81 Please try this solution I've found here.

1) Create the file /etc/asound.conf and insert:

Code:
pcm.dsp {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix"
}

2) Reboot

3) In Kodi go to "Settings", "System", "Audio output" and change the Audio Output Device to point to your new dmix device.

4) Test launching Retroarch with AEL and report results.

If it does not work, repeat but change the contents of /etc/asound.conf to this:

Code:
pcm.ossmix {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,3"
    }
}

pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "ossmix"
}

ctl.mixer0 {
    type hw
    card 0
}

# If your alsa programs are complaining that they can't open your sound devices, try uncommenting this next line
#pcm.default pcm.dsp0

If anything of the above does not work remember to delete /etc/asound.conf. I will create a patch in AEL to suspend audio.
Maybe I'm overlooking something simple here. I have it set up like Advanced Launcher but it's not working.

I'm using it as a launcher for PC games, using Explorer as the executable and .lnk files as the "roms". Parameter is set as "%rom%".

Games with one word titles work fine: "doom.lnk"

Games with two word titles do not work: "tomb raider.lnk" -- I get an error that Windows can't find "x:\games\tomb"

So it appears the issue is with the space, but there has to be some way around that, I can't possibly be the only one trying to launch roms with multi-word titles?

edit: Different search terms found the answer -- remove the quotes around %rom% in the advanced emulator settings.
(2016-10-21, 16:38)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]@rik81 Please try this solution I've found here.

1) Create the file /etc/asound.conf and insert:

Code:
pcm.dsp {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix"
}

2) Reboot

3) In Kodi go to "Settings", "System", "Audio output" and change the Audio Output Device to point to your new dmix device.

4) Test launching Retroarch with AEL and report results.

If it does not work, repeat but change the contents of /etc/asound.conf to this:

Code:
pcm.ossmix {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,3"
    }
}

pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "ossmix"
}

ctl.mixer0 {
    type hw
    card 0
}

# If your alsa programs are complaining that they can't open your sound devices, try uncommenting this next line
#pcm.default pcm.dsp0

If anything of the above does not work remember to delete /etc/asound.conf. I will create a patch in AEL to suspend audio.

hello, thank you for your interest to my problem.

I have created the asound.conf file with Wordpad
saved on a USB key
I connect the USB key to my system LIBREELEC
I go to filemanager internal LIBREELEC
I find and I see the / etc folder of the system on the left, on the right find my USB key with asound.conf file
We press on asound.conf copy files
but I get error, you can not copy

I try to transfer it via the file created with filezilla
I find the folder / etc
asound.conf on file, right click, upload, I get the following error:
Error: /etc/asound.conf: open for write: received failure with description 'Failure'
Error: Transfer failed

then following a guide found on google, putty use.
root
libreelec
I log
I find the folder / etc
I run the command to create a new (empty) file in the current directory,

touch asound.conf

I get the following error:

LibreELEC: ~ # cd / etc
LibreELEC: / etc # touch asound.conf
touch: asound.conf: Read-only file system

give me a help to understand what should I do?

guide me step by step, they are ignorant of linux.

what little I did it because I read it, but every error that appears I'm going into a depression.

I do not want to be tiring, but I have the desire to understand and learn, along with a learned master, as you are.

I apologize for all the trouble, I'll take you.

I thank you in advance

I await your news
(2016-10-21, 23:38)rik81 Wrote: [ -> ]I have created the asound.conf file with Wordpad

what little I did it because I read it, but every error that appears I'm going into a depression.

Don't desperate... it will take some time to solve your problem but you will manage Big Grin

The method you tried is not advised, for reason long to explain here. I recommend that you connect to your LibreELEC box using SSH (have a look here to do so).

Once you are connected to your box, then you use a editor in the Linux console. From what I see on the LibreELEC wiki, nano editor is available. Then, type:

Code:
# nano /etc/asound.conf

Then, you can edit the /etc/asound.conf file. Also, I am very familiar with Debian/Ubuntu but not with LibreELEC. Maybe it will be advisable to ask your sound related questions there, where people experienced with LibreELECT will be able to help you.

Please try again. In the mean time I will see what I can do about suspending audio in Kodi.
(2016-10-22, 11:39)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-21, 23:38)rik81 Wrote: [ -> ]I have created the asound.conf file with Wordpad

Don't desperate... it will take some time to solve your problem but you will manage Big Grin

The method you tried is not advised, for reason long to explain here. I recommend that you connect to your LibreELEC box using SSH (have a look here to do so).

Once you are connected to your box, then you use a editor in the Linux console. From what I see on the LibreELEC wiki, nano editor is available. Then, type:

Code:
# nano /etc/asound.conf

Then, you can edit the /etc/asound.conf file. Also, I am very familiar with Debian/Ubuntu but not with LibreELEC. Maybe it will be advisable to ask your sound related questions there, where people experienced with LibreELECT will be able to help you.

Please try again. In the mean time I will see what I can do about suspending audio in Kodi.

Hello, and thanks for everything.

then, I have followed your instructions.
I logged in with putty, joined by username and password.
I do the command: nano /etc/asound.conf
You compile the file with:
pcm.dsp {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix"
}

I press ctrl + x to save

When do confirm with Y, I get the following error:

[Error writing /etc/asound.conf: Read-only file system]

it is as if I indicate that I only chance to read and not write.

I'm really overwhelmed by this.

I tried using a distro ubuntu ... the bios ... I select boot from USB stick with ubuntu ... start ... I find the root folder is protected ... but ... then I decide to opened it with ubuntu prompt ... and follow your procedure, with sudo before each command ... makes me scrivereve the asound.conf file, /etc....chiudo ubuntu ... libreelec .... I open the file asound.conf , there is not ... I reopen ubuntu ... I realize that the libreelec system file is / dev / sda1 ... I can not go into this last.

by ssh with putty ... I can not write ... is like locked in read-only

with distro Ubuntu ... I can not mount dev / sda1 to try to write from the outside.

I have no culture ... for me it's very much what I did, so far

I'm sad.

I'm sorry for the outburst, it is I who am ignorant.

I'm documenting on google ... losing much sleep ... but I understand very little because I have the basics of linux.

What can I prove beyond?

what could you help, step by step guide?

anyone else with the same problem? If the answer is yes how did you solve?

you think it's better that I wait your changes in the next update?

you have nothing to tell me?

I think you're a big ... my estimate is getting bigger to you ... this is because of what I'm going through ... I understand the enormous work that there is, behind everything that you you've created .. really great ... congratulations

I await your news.
(2016-10-18, 14:01)RazorFR Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough. I understand why you removed some features. The rotal roms view is cool though (for those who don't have a huge mame library ). It's like browsing a movie library.
BTW when searching any of my launchers I also get an error message. Kodi log as follows (not sure what this u'roms_xml is or if I have one)

Latest AEL version in Github has a new command called SHOW_ALL_ROMS. You can use it like this

Code:
RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=SHOW_ALL_ROMS")

You also have SHOW_ALL_CATEGORIES and SHOW_ALL_LAUNCHERS available.

(2016-10-18, 14:01)RazorFR Wrote: [ -> ]Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: (u'roms_xml_file',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 47, in <module>
plugin.run_plugin()
File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 253, in run_plugin
self._command_search_launcher(args['catID'][0], args['launID'][0])
File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 4163, in _command_search_launcher
if not os.path.isfile(self.launchers[launcherID]['roms_xml_file']):
KeyError: (u'roms_xml_file',)

I've fixed the searches, and include Rating as another search field.
Could you add a platform for Neo-Geo AES or should I use Arcade/MAME?
(2016-10-22, 15:12)keoma Wrote: [ -> ]Could you add a platform for Neo-Geo AES or should I use Arcade/MAME?

MAME will do the job. MAME includes MVS in the main machine listing.

For picky users, MAME also includes AES and NeoGeo CD in the Software Lists. Advanced MAME Launcher will support the three of them.
(2016-10-22, 14:45)rik81 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, and thanks for everything.

then, I have followed your instructions.
I logged in with putty, joined by username and password.
I do the command: nano /etc/asound.conf
You compile the file with:
pcm.dsp {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix"
}

I press ctrl + x to save

When do confirm with Y, I get the following error:

[Error writing /etc/asound.conf: Read-only file system]

Don't desperate. If you have never used Linux before you already had done a great job!

OK, your problem is related to LibreELEC particularities. When you use Putty to connect via SSH you use user "root", right? If so, the problem may be that that LibreELEC filesystem is read-only. In this case, you have to create a per-user configuration: /etc/asound.conf is the system wide configuration file, but also every user can have its own configuration file.

Your problem is very LibreELEC specific, so I suggest you go to the LibreELEC forum and ask there.

Also, I will add the option to suspend sound in Kodi in AEL, but I don't guarantee you 100% that it will work. Proper solution for you is to enable concurrency in your sound card by configuring ALSA to do so.
(2016-10-17, 22:04)RazorFR Wrote: [ -> ]3. Last, I setup a couple of collections, one for Shmups and one for Beat em all. It seems you can set poster/arts for collections. I tried to give a poster to the collections, but whatever i do it is not displayed.

This bug should be fixed in last commit.
Hi Wintermute,

Many thanks for the latest commit. Search launcher is working fine and I tried the new command SHOW_ALL_ROMS, For those who want to use it, the skin shortcut is
ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?com=SHOW_ALL_ROMS",return)

I now made the transition to AEL and I am very happy with it!

From my use of the plugin only couple of (minor) bugs I came accross are related to GamesDB scrapper (only one I use)
- When editing a rom and updating metadata from GamesDB, the scrapper doesn't replace in AEL Database the rom file name by the correct scrapped title.
- When editing a rom and updating metadata from GamesDB, the scrapper doesn't import the release year

A few pics form Kodi+AEL

Cheers
Hi Wintermute,

First of thanks for your work on AEL, I think advanced launcher and now AEL are very important assets to Kodi!

Two question I currently have:

1.Can I tell AEL to let _me_ enter a game name on "semi-automatic" scraping? Currently, I get a list based on the filenames.

2. Can I tell AEL to scrape artwork using the metadata and not the filename on first adding roms to a launcher (or even later by rescanning)?

Reason for the questions: The rom file names are all the same and nonsense and cannot be renamed for technical reasons (emulator based).

I can manually add an nfo file to the each directory (each rom is in a different directory) and tell AEL to use "nfo and scraper", but it will use the filename for artwork. If I set scraper to "half-automatic", I get a list with all the games matching the nonsense filename and cannot change it. After the games are added with correct metadata (from manual nfo file) I would have to manually change every artwork:/

I tried using .lnk files to the roms and naming them correctly, but passing an lnk file confuses the emulator and doesn't load the roms.

Thanks!
@beisat What emulator are we talking about?
@ Wintermute: Was playing around with cemu.