Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No problem..

As i have a lot to do in terms or retroarch and android I don't mind putting these in a text file and sending them over for future use.

stand alone emulators are quite easy on android its only when using retroarch and all the different cores it becomes a pain.
(2016-12-02, 15:35)kiaenigma27 Wrote: [ -> ]No problem..

As i have a lot to do in terms or retroarch and android I don't mind putting these in a text file and sending them over for future use.

stand alone emulators are quite easy on android its only when using retroarch and all the different cores it becomes a pain.

I know, it took me some time too
Hi,

I've the following error:

Error playing: 889000a

And the rom start with a different input window of Kodi, no full screen!!

IdeasHuh?

Tks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-12-02, 20:21)Alcarimon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've the following error:

Error playing: 889000a

And the rom start with a different input window of Kodi, no full screen!!

Can you please be more descriptive about your problem? Also, read the first post and provide a debug log.
(2016-11-30, 13:16)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 13:05)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]You create a LNK launcher. You create a couple of directores, for example e:/LNK-roms and e:/LNK-assets. In the former directory, you place a LNK file pointing to the executable of your game. To create the LNK file, navigate to the game EXE, then drag and drop, click on "Create shortcut". You create one LNK per game. Then, in AEL you create a new Launcher, select LNK launcher, as the ROMs folder point to e:/LNK-roms and as the asset folder point to e:/LNK-assets.

Also, thanks for the link about Mimic skin Big Grin Adding a menu entry and a widget for AEL is a first step. I hope Braz will make some views for AEL to display metadata and more artwork and top of icon and fanart.

EDIT: forgot to say... scrapers are fully available for "LNK ROMs". As platform, you can select "Microsoft Windows" or "Microsoft MS-DOS". It is important to choose the correct plaform when using the scrapers or otherwise wrong results will be returned by the searches (actually, the platform is exclusively used by the scrapers, both metadata offline and metadata/asset online). Scrapers should also work well for launchers, if there is any problem with the scrapers just tell me and I will have a look.

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback! I will made this "exercise" then... Nod

Ok, it seems that I'm missing something...I would be really happy if you can help me.

I have the following folders structure:

E:\Giochi\Advanced Emulator Launcher
E:\Giochi\Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
E:\Giochi\The Waking Dead Michonne
E:\Giochi\Tomb Raider

In Advanced Emulator Launcher folder I have the .lnk files (they work correctly if clicked from Explorer), the .nfo files and all the sub-folders for the assets/artworks (actually I only use frontbox and fanart). The games are installed in the related folders.

As an example, in Advance Emulator Launcher folder I have the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.lnk" (pointing at "E:\Giochi\Pro Evolution Soccer 2017\PES2017.exe"), the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.nfo", in sub-folder boxfront the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.jpg" and in sub-folder fanart the file "Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.jpg".

Inside AEL I have created in the root a new LNK Launcher called "Windows Games". After that I have added the games using the scan function: the result is that all the games are correctly added including the related informations.

The problem is that I'm not able to launch any game, receving the message "Launching app not found lnk_launcher_app". At this link you can find the log.

I'm really looking forward for your kind help. Thanks in advance!
@axlt2002 I think 0.9.4 has some bugs for ROM launchers in the addon root. Try to create the launcher inside a category. This bug is fixed in 0.9.5.
(2016-12-05, 17:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002 I think 0.9.4 has some bugs for ROM launchers in the addon root. Try to create the launcher inside a category. This bug is fixed in 0.9.5.

Thanks a lot Wintermute0110 for the hint. I will give it a try this evening...and I'm really looking forward to the new 0.9.5 release! Wink
(2016-12-05, 17:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002 I think 0.9.4 has some bugs for ROM launchers in the addon root. Try to create the launcher inside a category. This bug is fixed in 0.9.5.

Hi Wintermute,

I'm having the same problem.My launcher is inside a category. Judging by the message "launching app not found" it seemed to me the launcher is trying to launch an emulator to run the lnk game. Maybe not, but that is what i suspect. When I created the launcher, it asks me to point to the lnk folder, which i did. After I hit ok, it prompts me to choose an emulator. This is where it gets confusing because it is a windows game, a ink file, so there shouldn't be an emulator, right? Anyway, I chose unknown because none of the other choices of emulators seem to come close to Windows - PC.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,

AC
(2016-12-06, 08:40)coremailrx8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wintermute,

I'm having the same problem.My launcher is inside a category. Judging by the message "launching app not found" it seemed to me the launcher is trying to launch an emulator to run the lnk game. Maybe not, but that is what i suspect. When I created the launcher, it asks me to point to the lnk folder, which i did. After I hit ok, it prompts me to choose an emulator. This is where it gets confusing because it is a windows game, a ink file, so there shouldn't be an emulator, right? Anyway, I chose unknown because none of the other choices of emulators seem to come close to Windows - PC.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,

AC

I think the prompt is for the launcher platform, not for the launcher emulator. If AEL detects you are launching a LNK file the windows command "start" is used, no emulator is being launched. Please provide a debug log, follow the instructions on the first post so I can inspect the problem.
(2016-12-05, 18:10)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks a lot Wintermute0110 for the hint. I will give it a try this evening...and I'm really looking forward to the new 0.9.5 release! Wink

Hi Wintermute0110!

I have tried to create the launcher inside a category, but the Windows games are not launched at all...

Please find here the new log.

Just for curiosity...do you have the same issue on your PC? Did you try to launch Windows applications/games?

I really hope you can fix this issue soon. Thanks in advance for your effort!
Just an update. I have downloaded the "master version" from Github and...it works for both cases in which the launcher is in the root or in a category!
Two small issues:

- Now the .nfo, boxfront and fanart are no more automatically retrived from the ones that I have locally on my PC (before it was working)
- When launching the game, a MS-DOS window appears for few seconds...I was wondering if it is possible to hide such MS-DOS window in order to make the expereince of launching a game more "transparent" to the user.

Thanks a lot (again)!

P.S.: As a side note, the master downloaded for Github reports version 0.9.3...
Guys this has probably been asked a million times but i cant find an answer.

Managed to import all of my systems and games and all is working a treat.. last thing I need to do is sort out the displayed names for my MAMe roms.

what do you have to do to get it to display the game name rather than the rom zip file name?

I guessed you might need a DAt file for some kind but cannot find one for mame.
(2016-12-06, 17:41)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Just an update. I have downloaded the "master version" from Github and...it works for both cases in which the launcher is in the root or in a category!
Two small issues:

- Now the .nfo, boxfront and fanart are no more automatically retrived from the ones that I have locally on my PC (before it was working)
- When launching the game, a MS-DOS window appears for few seconds...I was wondering if it is possible to hide such MS-DOS window in order to make the expereince of launching a game more "transparent" to the user.

Thanks a lot (again)!

P.S.: As a side note, the master downloaded for Github reports version 0.9.3...

I can confirm this. I downloaded the master from github, and it worked! I tried comparing the categories.xml to see if there was any difference., I could only find the official release missing the argument %rom% when compared to MASTER, in addition to category and launcher id numbers.

So I think the problem must be somewhere else.

EDIT: Manually adding %rom% in the argument field did't fix it.
(2016-12-07, 01:51)kiaenigma27 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys this has probably been asked a million times but i cant find an answer.

Managed to import all of my systems and games and all is working a treat.. last thing I need to do is sort out the displayed names for my MAMe roms.

what do you have to do to get it to display the game name rather than the rom zip file name?

I guessed you might need a DAt file for some kind but cannot find one for mame.

No need for additional DATs. AEL includes an offline scraper for MAME and some other systems that works out-of-the-box. Currently only some systems are included (you can see which ones here) and as soon as possible I will include databases for all platforms.

When scanning MAME ROMs, go to AEL addon settings, on tab "ROM scanner" make sure both "Ignore Scrapped Titles (use ROM filenames instead)" and "Clean No-Intro/TOSEC Title Tags" are unchecked. Delete all your ROMs from MAME launcher and rescan. Now the MAME ROMs will have the correct title/name and metadata (except plot).

Note that for No-Intro ROMs I recommend to check the "Ignore Scrapped Titles (use ROM filenames instead)" option.
@axlt2002 and @coremailrx8 The "launching app not found lnk_launcher_app" bug was fixed on 0.9.5 some time ago. However, development of 0.9.5 has been going on. Currently master branch on Github is quite unstable: 0.9.5 introduces much more features than any other previous release and currently I'm testing everything and solving small bugs here and there introduced by changes in the code due to new features.

@axlt2002 I only have Linux machines so I myself do not use LNK launcher at all!

@axlt2002 Yes, Github master reports 0.9.3 because I forgot to update the AEL version in release 0.9.4. Once 0.9.5 is ready for the masses I will bump the version to 0.9.5.