Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-12, 18:27)budtz Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I'd point out that the application sepparates capital letters from non-capital. So for example ZELDA.gba gets added but not if it is called ZELDA.GBA

That is the expected behavior in case-sensitive filesystems (Linux, Android and Mac). If you have ROMs with mixed case then use as ROM extension "gba|GBA" or even better, rename your ROMs set with a ROM manager (all No-Intro/Redump names must have lower case extension).

Windows is a little bit special. NFTS filesystem is case sensitive but Windows API is not. I think that if you have mixed case ROMs and you specify gba only as ROM extension it will work, but may not be the case depending on your registry settings.
Hi

First of all, thx for your fantastic work.

I need your help for some problem.

I've got no problem with console ROMS that are scrapped perfectly and well named. It's a pleasure to use !

Anyway, I have a problem with aracde ROMS ( FBALPHA, Neogeo)
In the rom list, I have only the rom name. Even when I try to relaunchr try some new scrapper ( aracdedb etc)

I tried making a dat with only neogeo ( from the FBAlpha dat)
Same probleme, only the roms titles appears

I would like to see 2020 Baseball and not 2020b.

What can I do ?

>Hope you can Help me !Smile

Regards
(2017-07-23, 23:56)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, I have a problem with aracde ROMS ( FBALPHA, Neogeo)
In the rom list, I have only the rom name. Even when I try to relaunchr try some new scrapper ( aracdedb etc)

I tried making a dat with only neogeo ( from the FBAlpha dat)
Same probleme, only the roms titles appears

I would like to see 2020 Baseball and not 2020b.

What can I do ?

Arcade ROMs work out of the box in AEL with the Offline Scraper (I spent a lot of time making sure of this). For all Arcade ROMs (including MAME, Final Burn, etc.) you set MAME as the platform. Then, go to AEL settings, "ROM scanner" tab, and make sure option "Ignore Scrapped Titles (use ROM filenames instead)" is OFF. When this option is ON the original filename of the ROM is used as the ROM title. This is good for NoIntro and Redump ROMs. However, for MAME this option must be OFF so the ROM title will be the scraped one. Also, make sure you select the Offline scraper as Metadata scraper in the second settings tab.

In order to rescrape your ROMs, go to the arcade launcher, context menu, "Edit Launcher", "Manage ROMs", "Clear ROMs" to delete the launcher ROMs. Then, rescan the ROMs again making sure setting "Ignore Scrapped Titles (use ROM filenames instead)" is OFF. The Arcade ROMs will have correct title and rest of metadata except for the plot which is currently not yet included in AEL's database.
Woo, man, it's fast , clear and usefull ! Thx for all ! Working perfect ! Smile
Hi, It's me again !

It's for a little request this time :

Do you know https://www.screenscraper.fr/. It's a big french team of arcade lovers wich doing very great screenshot and the DB is very big.
With their own tool ( universal XML scraper v2) I've found ALL my roms. It's seems far better and complete than arcade Db or other scrapper included in AEL.
You can have screenshot whith three in all ( Box marque +screenshtot)
It's beautiful and the scrapper can also be in french, in deutsh and spain.

Can you take a look a teir APi to had thiis in a future release ?
Are you interested ?
(2017-07-26, 12:09)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, It's me again !

Do you know https://www.screenscraper.fr/. It's a big french team of arcade lovers wich doing very great screenshot and the DB is very big.
With their own tool ( universal XML scraper v2) I've found ALL my roms. It's seems far better and complete than arcade Db or other scrapper included in AEL.

Are you interested ?

That site looks very interesting! I will consider it for a future Online scraper.

AEL Arcade/MAME scraper is custom-made and based on MAME's XML output. The MAME version shipped with AEL 0.9.6 is 0.183. There could be a few arcade ROMs that will not have correct metadata (the ones added/renamed between MAME version 0.183 and current MAME 0.197) but apart from that AEL scrapper should be top-in-the-class (with the exception of plot, which is not yet included).

AEL No-Intro/Redump scraper is in development, and will use a combination of official DAT files plus several data sources. Once it is finished it should be 99.9% accurate. I will need some help from the community in fine-tuning the database XML once it's finished (around AEL version 0.9.8 or 0.9.9).
(2016-12-27, 22:29)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-27, 10:28)billyc666 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Wintermute, mame scraper works for AAE but it doesnt contain any plot info , my ods/csv file as full info for the 32 games ,the 5 clone/proto games i never added to the list,
the new fix as definately fixed the rescan bug at my end , tried several times works perfect.
i noticed ratings dont import, but i think thats a skin issue
i still have the problem with assets
my roms are h:/games/aae/
and my artwork is h:/assets/aae/ <folders created by AEL>

which skin has the most or better views for AEL in Krypton?

AEL MAME offline scraper does not include plots yet. For the moment I just parse information from MAME and catver.ini.

Regarding the assets: select a ROM, context menu, click on View ROM data. You will see AEL's database entry for that ROM. Check the ROM s_* fields (s_title, s_boxfront, etc.) to see if AEL is correctly picking your artwork. Current skins only support icon/fanart. You can configure which artwork to display as icon/fanart. Also, it would be nice if you can post a debug log so I can have a look. Make sure you follow the instructions in the first post (Kodi DEBUG OFF, AEL DEBUG ON).

Titan has some nice views and will display some AEL metadata, but Titan's views only support icon, fanart and clearlogo. MQ7 has also some support for AEL. New Mimic version is able to launch AEL from the main menu, but TTBOMK no new views yet.

Having said that... in the following weeks/months the situation will change completely. Stay tuned Big Grin

Some news about that ? I'm looking for the best Skin to use with AEL Smile
(2017-07-26, 18:11)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 12:09)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, It's me again !

Are you interested ?

That site looks very interesting! I will consider it for a future Online scraper.

AEL Arcade/MAME scraper is custom-made and based on MAME's XML output. The MAME version shipped with AEL 0.9.6 is 0.183. There could be a few arcade ROMs that will not have correct metadata (the ones added/renamed between MAME version 0.183 and current MAME 0.197) but apart from that AEL scrapper should be top-in-the-class (with the exception of plot, which is not yet included).

AEL No-Intro/Redump scraper is in development, and will use a combination of official DAT files plus several data sources. Once it is finished it should be 99.9% accurate. I will need some help from the community in fine-tuning the database XML once it's finished (around AEL version 0.9.8 or 0.9.9).

Yes it's a very great Addon ! Can wait for your next release with plot added for arcade Game. Perhaps in french with https://www.screenscraper.fr !! Smile

I would be cool for no english users to have plots avalaible in differents langages ! Smile
(2017-05-23, 14:37)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-22, 12:54)budtz Wrote: [ -> ]Thx for the new version.

I now have a menu item that is called browse offline scraper. Anyway to remove the item form the menu as i dont need it?

Yes, forgot to include a "Hide ..." option in addon settings. Will fix ASAP.

+ 1 !! Smile
Getting an error when I use "Scan for new roms" and it asks me to check a log. I have the file extension set to iso and the path correct. It even finds them in rom collection browser. Just wanted to see what this addon was like. Any idea how to fix this?

In the log viewer addon I see something about KeyError: u'scraper_region'

and attempt to use invalid handle -1
@elementalwindx

Debug log as requested previously
(2017-07-29, 06:17)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@elementalwindx

Debug log as requested previously

Requested previously? Looks like me previous messages were deleted. I don't know how to do a debug log.
@elementalwindx

Not deleted. They were moved to the Garbage Bin Sub-Forum.

You can find your previous posts by clicking on your username to the left of the post, then select Find All Posts.

Look for your removed posts and then you will then see my comments and request.
(2017-07-29, 20:19)elementalwindx Wrote: [ -> ]Requested previously? Looks like me previous messages were deleted. I don't know how to do a debug log.

You have information about how to generate the debug log in the first post of this thread. If you have questions after reading the instructions then you can ask them here.
(2017-07-28, 15:12)yevaman44 Wrote: [ -> ]Some news about that ? I'm looking for the best Skin to use with AEL Smile

Rufoo and the guys are still working on the skin and they have made progress but still need some more time.

In the mean time, in the first thread you have a list of skins with AEL support: Arctic Zephyr Plus and Estuary AEL MOD.