Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry the Check/Update all databases seems to be missing so add-on just crashes now.

Any help?

I just downgraded to 0.9.7 and got i working and there are a lot more options under "utilities" - a bug?
(2019-09-23, 22:32)budtz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry the Check/Update all databases seems to be missing so add-on just crashes now.

Any help?

I just downgraded to 0.9.7 and got i working and there are a lot more options under "utilities" - a bug?

"Check/Update databases" is now in the root window, inside the "Utilities" section. After the upgrade, if you have problems please post the full debug log following the instructions on the first post. Without the debug log the report is useless as I cannot track the problem.
(2019-09-21, 20:40)reTokyo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, wasn't aware of the procedure and thank you for your time.

System Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Build 18362,
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition (I had the same problem with 0.9.8 Beta with the latest stable Kodi Release Leia 18.4 so I used Version 0.9.7 without problems)
AEL 0.9.8 latest Version.

uyagepuxif.kodi (paste)

Should be fixed in Github now. Remember to install branch release-0.9.8 branch and not master.
(2019-09-29, 12:40)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 20:40)reTokyo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, wasn't aware of the procedure and thank you for your time.

System Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Build 18362,
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition (I had the same problem with 0.9.8 Beta with the latest stable Kodi Release Leia 18.4 so I used Version 0.9.7 without problems)
AEL 0.9.8 latest Version.

uyagepuxif.kodi (paste)

Should be fixed in Github now. Remember to install branch release-0.9.8 branch and not master. 

Works perfectly, thanks again for this great program!
hi, been using AEL. It's really a dream come true. I have one issue I couldn't solve by now.

Kodi stays on focus and I have to VNC into my desktop (or quit Kodi) to see the game appear. It has loaded up, but it's not visible, because Kodi is maintaining its focus.

What can I do?

Thanks a lot!
(2019-10-05, 22:40)3000 Wrote: [ -> ]What can I do?

First thing to do is provide some more info about your setup: operating system and version, Kodi version, AEL version, what emulator are you trying to launch, the problem happens with all launched apps or only some, etc.
Advanced Emulator Launcher: version 0.9.8
LibreElec Version: 9.0.2
Hardware: Raspberry PI 3
Kodi skin: any

I have one bug to report and one question:

1. When "display number of roms in launchers" is turned OFF add-on will not load at all (pop-up errors in kodi "see log for details" log here.

2. How does one get "long names" to appear in the list of mame roms?
(2019-10-06, 23:37)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]Advanced Emulator Launcher: version 0.9.8
LibreElec Version: 9.0.2
Hardware: Raspberry PI 3
Kodi skin: any

I have one bug to report and one question:

1. When "display number of roms in launchers" is turned OFF add-on will not load at all (pop-up errors in kodi "see log for details" log here.

2. How does one get "long names" to appear in the list of mame roms?
Issue 1 is fixed in GitHub. Please install the 0.9.9 dev version.

Issue 2: to show MAME long names make sure in the addon settings that "Do not use scraper title" option is OFF. Metadata scraper must be Offline Scraper and metadata policy "Scrape". Delete all ROMs from the MAME Launcher and rescan again, now they will have proper long names.
(2019-10-07, 03:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]Issue 1 is fixed in GitHub. Please install the 0.9.9 dev version.

Issue 2: to show MAME long names make sure in the addon settings that "Do not use scraper title" option is OFF. Metadata scraper must be Offline Scraper and metadata policy "Scrape". Delete all ROMs from the MAME Launcher and rescan again, now they will have proper long names. 

1. Works! Except that the number still shows on the AEL menu from the home screen.

2. Speaking from there...How do I delete the launchers from that menu item? I have deleted the launcher from the main ael addon but the launcher is still on the home -> AEL -> launchers. Then when rebuilding the launcher within the AEL addon..everything is fine...when I back out to the home screen and try to launch from the AEL menu item it warns me that this item is not found (I would think that it just needs to be updated or replaced..but i can not figure out how to do that).

Doumouarigatogozaimasu! This addon is wonderful thank you for your hard work!
(2019-10-07, 19:25)akafox Wrote: [ -> ]1. Works! Except that the number still shows on the AEL menu from the home screen.

2. Speaking from there...How do I delete the launchers from that menu item? I have deleted the launcher from the main ael addon but the launcher is still on the home -> AEL -> launchers. Then when rebuilding the launcher within the AEL addon..everything is fine...when I back out to the home screen and try to launch from the AEL menu item it warns me that this item is not found (I would think that it just needs to be updated or replaced..but i can not figure out how to do that).

Doumouarigatogozaimasu! This addon is wonderful thank you for your hard work!

Regarding point 2: there is no need to delete the whole launcher and reimport the XML file again. If you want to change the ROMs go to the launcher context menu, then "Manage ROMs" and then select the option to delete all ROMs. With the launcher empty of items, open AEL settings from the context menu and check the settings that affect the scanner are like you want. Finally scan your ROMs to add them to the launcher with new settings.

If your skin supports widgets (launchers in the home screen) then Kodi creates a cache with the contents of the Launcher. For example, if you use skin Estuary AEL, Kodi calls AEL at boot time to fill the contents of the categories and launchers in the home screen. Then, if you go to AEL and make some changes in your launchers these changes will not update the home screen immediately. Note that Kodi or the skin must call AEL again to re-read the changes. This is something that is done by Kodi or the skin and is beyond my control. I'm not sure how frequently Kodi refreshes the contents of widgets or what rules follow to do that.

As a general rule, configure the categories/launchers always inside AEL, make sure everything is like you want and ignore things outside AEL (like launchers in the home screen). Then, reboot Kodi to force an update of all widgets and menus outside AEL. Note that if you delete a Launcher and create a new one, even if the Launcher is the same and has a new name, however it will have a different ID and for AEL is a different Launcher. Probably you will need to delete the old widget in the home screen and create a new widget to point to the new launcher.
How can I add *.url files to a launcher?

*.lnk works great, but *.url won't launch. Or is there maybe another way to start Epic Games?
(2019-10-12, 15:56)Slurm Wrote: [ -> ]How can I add *.url files to a launcher?

*.lnk works great, but *.url won't launch. Or is there maybe another way to start Epic Games?

URL files are not supported and at the moment AEL cannot launch them.

I need you help, I have never used URL files. Can you give me an example of such file? How you launch URL files from the command line?
(2019-10-12, 16:24)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]I need you help, I have never used URL files. Can you give me an example of such file? How you launch URL files from the command line? 

You can launch *.url files the same way you launch *.lnk in windows, just double click them.

They are text files. For example Fortnite has this content:

[{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
Prop3=19,0
[InternetShortcut]
IDList=
IconIndex=0
WorkingDirectory=D:\Epic Games
URL=com.epicgames.launcher://apps/Fortnite?action=launch&silent=true
IconFile=D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteLauncher.exe

If you need more information, just let me know.
(2019-10-12, 16:51)Slurm Wrote: [ -> ]You can launch *.url files the same way you launch *.lnk in windows, just double click them.

They are text files. For example Fortnite has this content:

[{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
Prop3=19,0
[InternetShortcut]
IDList=
IconIndex=0
WorkingDirectory=D:\Epic Games
URL=com.epicgames.launcher://apps/Fortnite?action=launch&silent=true
IconFile=D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteLauncher.exe

If you need more information, just let me know.

Create a standalone launcher pointing to D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteLauncher.exe and report the result.
(2019-10-12, 16:57)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]Create a standalone launcher pointing to D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteLauncher.exe and report the result. 
This works, thanks! So I can create lnk files with these paths in them and put them in my Steam lnk Folder and scrape them.

This is a good solution for me as I only have a few Games from Epic, but it would be great if we can start url files directly without "converting" them to lnk.