Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Redownloaded with new link. Now it works thx
trihy Wrote:Hi, tried with new beta, still doesnt work.

Tried "%rom%" and %rom%

And also "%rombasename%"

I'll chuck M2 on my dev machine tonight and have a sniff to see what I can help solve. Smile If it worked with AL, there shouldn't be any reason why it won't with AEL. I'll report back tonight. Wintermute0110 doesn't have use a Windows machine in his setup (afaik), so some of the platform specific emus he can't really tinker with on his side and has to fly blind.
M2emulator Solution for Advanced Emulator Launcher.

OK. I did some experimenting and came back with a solution. Big Grin

You can use this method having your Model 2 games in their own launcher or as mixed in with other arcade ROMs that primarily rely on another emulator like MAME (or whatever).

It should be noted that this will require some manual entrywork. Given that there is only a small selection of Model 2 ROMs available anyway, this isn't that taxing. Futher, this issue seems to be exotic and really only for M2emulator due to its command line input being highly limited and working solely off the games name, the emulator itself fetches the path from its own ini file, therefore rendering the usual full filename and path usually passed by Advanced Emulator Launcher being something it won't do anything with besides launching the emulators bare GUI. Due to these factors, I don't think AEL would benefit from catering to this emulator and adding additional weight in code and this solution is viable enough.

Here's the ESPN Blow-by-Blow:

1. Edit line 9 of the EMULATOR.INI file in your M2emulator directory, point it to the correct directory where your Model 2 ROMs are being kept. Make sure the ; prefix is removed from the start of the line.
2. In your AEL session, create a new ROM Launcher...
2a. If the launcher will solely comprise of Model 2 ROMs ONLY then select m2emulators executable 'emulator_multicpu.exe' as the launcher application.
2b. If the launcher will comprise of mixed ROMs (ie: Arcade) that is driven by a different emulator such as MAME or whatever set that as your launcher application.
3. Set up your ROM directories, assets, and arguments as per usual. If setting up a Model 2 ONLY launcher, just leave the default %ROM% argument. Add your ROMs to the launcher.
4. Go to each and every Model 2 ROM and repeat the following process... (Step 4b is NOT applicable to those who already have M2emulator already set as the launcher application).
4a. Edit ROM > Advanced Modifications > Alternative arguments and put the ROMs name in lower case (without the extension) as the argument. For example, Daytona, you would literally write daytona.
4b. Edit ROM > Advanced Modifications > Alternative application and point it to 'emulator_multicpu.exe'.
5. ENJOY THE MAGIC! Big Grin
@Rufoo Can you please do a quick test? In a launcher having Model 2 ROMs only, instead of %ROM% (or the new $rom$) use $rombasenoext$

I suspect that M2 emulator maybe was not working for @trihy because maybe EMULATOR.INI was not correctly configured...
Well, I just put my foot in my mouth. Tongue

Haha! Works like a charm, mate. Booted without a hitch.
Hi,

I have an issue with a default icon that I don't manage to modify.

So I've created both thumb and fanart for each console I'm using:

Once I proceed to the game I want to start, if it has a fanart and thumb, it looks like this:

If there is no fanart, the default one from the console is displayed:

But, if there is no thumb, instead of having the default one from the console displayed, I've an image of a mouse:

I don't understand why and would like to show instead the default thumb from the console, exactly like the fanart.

Thank you!
I need the instructions of how to install this awsome plug in , im using retroarch on a fire tv and kodi 17, tried many times and failed, thanks in advanced
(2017-01-13, 19:48)xavier00 Wrote: [ -> ]I need the instructions of how to install this awsome plug in , im using retroarch on a fire tv and kodi 17, tried many times and failed, thanks in advanced
There is a thread in the forum about how to configure Advanced Launcher in Android. That thread has been cited some times in this one. Find it and follow the instructions in there. Post again if you need further help.
Hello everyone ! I was wondering if someone could help me. I would really appreciate it Smile

I installed this addon but when I try to launch it for the first time, it gives me an error. It does not launch.

Here is my kodi file log.

http://pastebin.com/TQL9PuT5

Thank you so much!
(2017-01-14, 20:28)Amyrosie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone ! I was wondering if someone could help me. I would really appreciate it Smile

I installed this addon but when I try to launch it for the first time, it gives me an error. It does not launch.

Thank you so much!
You are using an unofficial Android build of Kodi. The Python version in that build is old and hence AEL does not work. Can you update it?
(2017-01-14, 21:21)Wintermute0110 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-14, 20:28)Amyrosie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone ! I was wondering if someone could help me. I would really appreciate it Smile

Thank you so much!
You are using an unofficial Android build of Kodi. The Python version in that build is old and hence AEL does not work. Can you update it?

Thank you so much for your time ! I'l try to do that right now Smile I'll keep you updated!

EDIT: Still does not work, unfortunately. I am on a android tv box. I installed Kodi from the Google Play Store this time. Here's the new log

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23800408/

Thank you !
Hi Wintermute0110, how are you?
Where is the manual? it isn't ListItem.Art(manual) or ListItem.manual. I will try to open the pdf on the PDF Reader 1.0.2

Here is the work in progress

(2017-01-14, 21:42)Amyrosie Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for your time ! I'l try to do that right now Smile I'll keep you updated!

EDIT: Still does not work, unfortunately. I am on a android tv box. I installed Kodi from the Google Play Store this time. Here's the new log

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23800408/

Thank you !

Please disable Kodi DEBUG in Kodi settings and enable AEL DEBUG in AEL settings and then post log again.
(2017-01-14, 23:59)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wintermute0110, how are you?
Where is the manual? it isn't ListItem.Art(manual) or ListItem.manual. I will try to open the pdf on the PDF Reader 1.0.2

Here is the work in progress

Good work with the new view, it looks great Big Grin

Regarding manual: manuals are typically in PDF format and because Kodi cannot display PDF files natively external tools are required. For example, Hyper Launcher uses Ghostscript to render each page of the PDF into a PNG image and then display those images. In AEL I have not yet implemented anything like this to display manuals. Now that Retroplayer has been merged into Kodi Leia, maybe Kodi core C++ developers will consider to display PDF files natively (by including a PDF rendering library into Kodi like Poppler). Teeedubb, the author of HyperLauncher, has also a plugin to display PDF files (I think that plugin also needs Ghostscript).

Regarding map: I need to create a new command for Map images to show them, and then you will call the command from your skin. Please send a PM to Rufoo to discuss this.

By the way, yesterday I released Advanced MAME Launcher and it is 100% compatible with the MAME views of Advanced Emulator Launcher (see an example of the MAME view using AEL's DEBUG view in the second post of the thread). AML is much easier to configure than AEL and you can use AML to test your new views.
(2017-01-13, 16:02)CYANure Wrote: [ -> ]...

I don't understand why and would like to show instead the default thumb from the console, exactly like the fanart.

Thank you!

Actually that's the intended behavior now. The mouse icon is not displayed by AEL, but by the Confluence skin. Other skins will display different icons. The mouse icon is the default program icon, same as the folder is the default folder icon in Confluence.

I will change that in 0.9.6 so ROM's icon will default to launcher icon if the ROM icon is not configured.