Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-22, 03:14)Geekzilla Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone else uses DirecTV, the their standard remote is working well. It controls & powers the unit on and off using the MCE code 21972 on AV1 or AV2.

Thanks, this is SUPER helpful, since if I ever get a newer NUC, I can now use a DTV remote without having to buy another flirc (which is what I do on the machine without built in IR).
(2014-02-17, 17:06)mason Wrote: [ -> ]@turt

I know how you feel, I struggled with this also quite some time over the last week. This is a D34010WKY.

The 3,3V pin (https://www.pulse-eight.com/store/download/get/28) doesn't seem to provide enough power to supply the board. I just connected it to the 3,3V PIN of the SATA power connector, works flawless so far.

Had also a cheap mini HDMI cable which doesn't connected the CEC signal properly. Just bought another one and this one is working fine. Keep that in mind if you get it to work and it does not show any devices on the bus.

Good luck...
Hi Mason,

Just wanted to confirm that I also got it working by rewiring the 3.3V pin to the Power SATA port Smile
So a big thanks to you!

Just one additional question: the white cable (power switch) doesn't seem to be connected to the Front Panel Header on your picture, where have you connected it?
Are you able to wake your computer from S5 through HDMI, or shut your TV down simultaneously? I thought this was feasible with the internal adapter?
(2014-02-20, 16:09)sparklemotion Wrote: [ -> ]Thx man, looking forward to it!

I had a look and it's much more difficult than I expected, don't think I can make it happen. Sorry!
(2014-02-21, 17:36)vivithemage Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to get a remote that works with XBMC 'native' and will turn the box on from standby. Should I get a specific harmony remote for that, or are they all pretty good within XBMC and will boot the box? Are there any good keyboard style remotes too by chance that could do this as well?

vivithemage,
Have to had any luck with finding a remote that controls the nuc as well as having the added benefit of having a keyboard?
I don't fancy much having a large wireless keyboard lying around on top of the additional remote. The wife will not be happy with more electronic bits in the house as it is.

I hear good things about the harmony remotes but look a bit expense (goes against the idea of the cheap NUC/setup), are there other options available?

RLTW
Both my NUCs have now been setup and I have temporarily disconnected the old Xbox 360s I was using as Media Center Extenders. Only issue so far is that playing TV programmes that are currently recording stutter and I can't skip.

Interface using Confluence is very smooth (OpenElec Gotham Nightly, 2GB RAM, 512MB dedicated to Video, 120GB SSD).
(2014-02-22, 12:28)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]For Ubuntu folks: Everything that is needed is in wsnipex mesa ppa, including libva1 and libva-driver-intel

Don't suppose you (or any of the other people in this thread) feel like doing some hand-holding for an XBMC newbie?

I want to install XBMC on top of Ubuntu 13.10 on this model of NUC.

I have finished installing Ubuntu and currently have stock 13.10.

What do I need to do now? If I add the wsnipex PPA, can I just then apt-get install xbmc?

Do I need to do anything special to get audio working? It doesn't seem to be working out of the box over HDMI.
(2014-02-23, 00:09)kennz Wrote: [ -> ]What if power button remains solid with memory or without ? There are no flashes just no singnal on the screen.
It could be a bad memory chip / wrong voltage. If I remember correctly, I tried a spare SO-DIMM chip I had laying around which had the wrong voltage and the NUC power button would light-up solid but nothing would display on screen. That being said, I thought I recall the power LED blinking 3 times when I removed the 'bad' chip and left the slot completely empty (per the BIOS blink code spec). Can you confirm that you are using 204 pin DDR3L memory - this is the 1.35v low voltage memory? And which specific memory chip are you using? After getting tired of waiting around for my order of F3-1333C9S-4GSL from Newegg and the local stick I had not working, I went to Frys and picked up a stick PSD34G1333L2S and the unit booted up immediately.
That is the memory that i have:

CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11 - 4GB Corsair Value Select DDR3 SO-DIMM PC3-12800 (1600), 204 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 11-11-11-28, 1.35V

Without memory its not blinking. When im connecting usb pendrive light on the drive shows up for one second and thats all.
(2014-02-24, 17:35)kennz Wrote: [ -> ]That is the memory that i have:

CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11 - 4GB Corsair Value Select DDR3 SO-DIMM PC3-12800 (1600), 204 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 11-11-11-28, 1.35V

Without memory its not blinking. When im connecting usb pendrive light on the drive shows up for one second and thats all.

I'd return if it possible and get another module. I have the exact same module and mine works flawlessly. I did try a stick of crucial ram before this one and I experienced the same issues you did so I switched to the Corsair and it worked fine.
But why power button is not blinking without memory?
I'm more interested in a response to schmickers' question since I had the same problem. I ended up just installing OpenELEC, but I'd rather have a full OS on the box.
(2014-02-23, 23:22)RideLikeTheWind Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-21, 17:36)vivithemage Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to get a remote that works with XBMC 'native' and will turn the box on from standby. Should I get a specific harmony remote for that, or are they all pretty good within XBMC and will boot the box? Are there any good keyboard style remotes too by chance that could do this as well?

vivithemage,
Have to had any luck with finding a remote that controls the nuc as well as having the added benefit of having a keyboard?
I don't fancy much having a large wireless keyboard lying around on top of the additional remote. The wife will not be happy with more electronic bits in the house as it is.

I hear good things about the harmony remotes but look a bit expense (goes against the idea of the cheap NUC/setup), are there other options available?

RLTW

I picked these up after a recomendation:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ZAK50K/ref=...25410_item

I have not used them yet though .. everywhere I look this NUC is OOS and wont be instock for another 1.5-2 months. If they're in stock, they're charging $180+
Hi folks,

No matter what I do, I can't get HDMI audio working (let alone HD passthrough) on Ubuntu 12.04 or 13.10. Although I am currently running OpenELEC, I'd rather have a full OS. Does anyone have any experience yet with this box and got this to work?

Thanks in advance.
I'm still mid-setup. One thing for certain is that it needs very fresh kernel.

Try an Ubuntu daily build for now. I'll post full details once I get time to finish.

Going diff route than yourself... Ubuntu server daily + dev kernel ppa for 3.14 kernel...I want an Ubuntu minimal install but there are no daily Minimal ISO's + it also wants UEFI booting.
Thanks. So you don't think simply updating the kernel is enough? A daily build for sure?