Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
+2

2820 with oE beta 4 and then beta 7 and RC1 installed. All audio and HDMI handled thorough matrix box to multiple displays. All works correctly.

Now updated to oE v4.0 zero problems here.

Works perfectly with RC6 remote and harmony remote programmed as MCE remote.

Only issue I had was one telly couldn't do the bios resolution of 1280x1024 which I was using at the time to update the bios [i'm still on 0028] once changed to another telly. Got through setup and all working fine.

Absolutely love NUCs. Smile
(2014-05-07, 08:39)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't like it?
Give it to xbmc team and buy a ouya/RPi.

I own all three. Why does the XBMC team need one? They are too busy insulting me and my grammar.
Plus the 2820 is now dead they stopped making it.
OK... give to someone who needs it then Tongue

That's where you're wrong, they live as long people love and use them.
(2014-05-07, 12:20)SgtSlaughter Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the XBMC team need one? They are too busy insulting me and my grammar.

Insulting you? You started complaining about your NUC on 23rd January (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1608533), and disregarded since every solution you were offered.
Again: At least try to fix it.There is no point in complaining, if you don't even try to fix it. But if you did try all suggested fixes, then I really don't understand why are you clinging to it so much. Then it's faulty, have it replaced.

Everybody's out of solutions, those solutions that fixed it for everybody else. Either you are doing something wrong, or you were the unlucky one, who got a bad one, either way, there's nothing left anybody here can do any more.
pjtpjt, this is not complaining. I am pointing out that the XBMC arm products work better and are cheaper than intel.

I am back posting/clinging because Intel changed the 2820 NUC product four months into the production run. either they know the 2820 nuc has major problems and are sweeping us original owners under the rug or lowering their cost and not passing the savings on. I am ok with companies making money but now I am stuck at the raw end of the support stick with my obsolete chip. these machines have not had the most stable launch either so I am not giving intel the benefit of the dbout.

Again I did try to fix it: I loaded bios 28 or 29 and it made my problem worse on my main tv. now the POST screen is totally blank. the jumper next to the ram is not a bios rest jumper (to the best of my knowledge.) when I changed it it didn't do anything. Intel chat support was not helpful. the intel forums were better.

Guess I will have to RMA this thing and PRAY for a 2830 chip back.
Intel® NUC Boards and Kits
BIOS Recovery Update Instructions

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034524.htm
(2014-05-07, 15:28)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel® NUC Boards and Kits
BIOS Recovery Update Instructions

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034524.htm

I am going to load bios 32 and if that doesn't work RMA back to the mothership. I am too far down the rabbit hole now to go back now.
But connect it to something that isn't a TV or budget monitor.
(2014-05-07, 11:39)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]+1

(Two 2820s here, working perfectly with OE - easiest and smoothest xbmc install in my 5 years of xbmc on lots of different hardware. Great little boxes!)

albeit a little hiccup getting bios upgraded windows 7 and XBMC are loading like a baws.
(2014-04-23, 02:15)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]fritsch will confirm I'm sure - but AIUI the N2820 isn't up to YADIF 2x de-interlacing of 1080i content, but can do it with 576i/480i SD content. With 1080i you're limited to a Bob in current OpenElec builds with SW de-interlacing of VAAPI decoded video.

Another issue is that the N2820 appears to have a very cut-down HD4000 GPU (1/4 the number of execution units of the i3 Ivy Bridge HD4000 GPU). This limits the quality of scaling in OpenElec - so SD content may not look as good as some would hope.

Anyone here tried lanczos scaling SD content or 720p? Does it work on the N2820?
Yes, fritsch: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1689011
And No ->
Quote: Though i don't like the IVB Baytrail graphics with just 4 EUs, as it's even too slow for Lanczos 3.
I had a problem with the concert scarper, i have a folder with some mkv file and other sub folder with 1:1 bluray rip. I lauched the scan but it find only 3 item, while in that folder there's at least 30 concert. I'm using XBMC 13 with Aeon Nox 5.
Wrong Thread, had nothing todo with the NUC
Mine is in the post to me now.

Only issue is i have no RAM.. now ideally i want 4gb but cant find that cheap enough... however i have come across some Micron PC3L 2gb sticks on ebay for £10.... will they work in the NUC?
Link to the Ebay Microns