Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.enaa.com/oddelki/racunalnistv...20fykh_2_5

They have it on stock.
If you need me for asking them in your name, just send me a PM.
Is there any scenario where I can stream my android phone/tablet screen to the openelec? Not for video, I want to try it for games. Like Wireless display on the modern TVs...
Anyone know how to boot OpenELEC EFI from USB flash drive?

I have downloaded the EFI.img installed on a USB flash drive, is listed on the boot menu, but it wont boot.

TIA
(2014-04-12, 09:24)zorvalth Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any scenario where I can stream my android phone/tablet screen to the openelec? Not for video, I want to try it for games. Like Wireless display on the modern TVs...

Not yet, but this is being worked on.

MiracleCast: Miracast / WiFi Displays Come To Linux
Intel was out early, admitting that the 4th gen, celeron NUC (DN2820FYKH) has sold way beyond any hope or estimate - and they simply couldn't keep up with demand. Sales numbers for NUCs has been rather moderate before this, so expanding production and facilites takes a bit of time.

They hit a sweet spot with these NUCs, beyond expectiation. This is not an uncommon phenomenon at all.
(2014-04-11, 13:08)darkf3d3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Crssi/levak, could you please told me where you buy in Slovenia? I ordered one month ago in Germany but they're delaying shipping every week.

Elkotek also have them:
http://b2b.elkotex.si/izdelek/ipcpc-nuc09

Matej
Despite the elkotex is official intel reseller here, their price looks lower, but it is without a 21% tax. Final price is 144,41€ from them and I dont believe that they would send it to Austria, but I might be wrong here.
On the other hand, enaa.com is a web end user store.
Dear members,

With the latest builds of openelec on my intel nuc 2820 I lost the ability to choose for True-HD when i choose my
AVR Harman kardon 460. It should be capable of playing this kind of content.

Has anybody have the same experiences?

best regards
Vincent
What was the latest build that worked?

Provide debug logs.
(2014-04-13, 15:33)Vincent1983 Wrote: [ -> ]With the latest builds of openelec on my intel nuc 2820 I lost the ability to choose for True-HD when i choose my
AVR Harman kardon 460. It should be capable of playing this kind of content.
Debug logs. There has been some reports of missing settings entries with Gotham Beta3 - logs should tell wether XBMC recognizes the TrueHD capacity or not.
Dear all,

I read 63 of 68 pages of this topic.
Saturday I received the NUC. I bought a 1.5V memory so...no boot.
Tomorrow I'l receive the 1.35V memory.
I have 2 questions:
1. Is Win7 x64 better than Win8.1 x64? I'm thinking to speed, CPU load etc.
2. Can I install the OS (win 7/8.1) on an external HDD or an USB? (I read that it's possible but is it complicated?).
On mine I'll install a mechanical HDD but I want to buy another one for a colleague.

Thank you for your support.
1. Its not related to the NUC, but OpenElec and Linux are better than Windows Wink
I'm not familiar with linux.
Can I install OpenElec and Windows?
Can I install them on the same partition? OpenLEC should be the first, right?
If need windows you don't have to install OE unless there's something xbmc can't do and OE can.
Do you need an Desktop OS (Windows, Ubuntu,..) or do you only need XBMC (OpenElec)?