Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-11, 05:03)rinaldij862 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Sorry if this is a repost but I did not see anything on this. I had kodi previously installed on my ATV4 running TVOS 9.1. I did not realize it updated to 9.1.1 until after I attempted to update. When I follow your steps I get an error at the end that says I need a valid provisioning profile. Any suggestions?

Is the error coming from iOS App Signer or Xcode?

Could you post the log for iOS App Signer on something like pastebin and share the link here?

You can open the log through the View menu of iOS App Signer
(2016-02-11, 05:43)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 05:03)rinaldij862 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Sorry if this is a repost but I did not see anything on this. I had kodi previously installed on my ATV4 running TVOS 9.1. I did not realize it updated to 9.1.1 until after I attempted to update. When I follow your steps I get an error at the end that says I need a valid provisioning profile. Any suggestions?

Could you post the log for iOS App Signer on something like pastebin and share the link here?

I just created a new dev account, completed the original steps again and everything is working great now. I'll post a log tomorrow. Thanks for the quick response!
Hi DanTheMan827, no matter what i do i can't get the "fix issue" button to work, the "no provision profile..." just keeps popping back up. the weird thing is that it actually creates a profile, i can see it under my account info, but when i go to finish the installation with the profile, i get the same error that rinaldij862 does.

I have the most updated tvos, and xcode. i've tried creating a new apple id to work with, i've made sure that the device is selected in the breadcrumb, i've even switched macs. from what i can gather it seems that xcode just won't want to register my apple tv, because i tried this method with my iphone 6 and works fine. if i go to the "capabilities" tab and turn on app groups, i get the "no devices registered" error and clicking the fix issues button doesn't seem to work... i'm starting to wonder if its my apple tv that has the problem? any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks,

(2016-02-11, 21:39)guarddt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DanTheMan827, no matter what i do i can't get the "fix issue" button to work, the "no provision profile..." just keeps popping back up. the weird thing is that it actually creates a profile, i can see it under my account info, but when i go to finish the installation with the profile, i get the same error that rinaldij862 does.

I have the most updated tvos, and xcode. i've tried creating a new apple id to work with, i've made sure that the device is selected in the breadcrumb, i've even switched macs. from what i can gather it seems that xcode just won't want to register my apple tv, because i tried this method with my iphone 6 and works fine. if i go to the "capabilities" tab and turn on app groups, i get the "no devices registered" error and clicking the fix issues button doesn't seem to work... i'm starting to wonder if its my apple tv that has the problem? any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks,

See if you can run the blank Xcode project on your Apple TV if that works you do in fact have a valid provisioning profile

If that's the case, open finder and navigate to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/ (use ⌘+SHIFT+G) and trash all those profiles in the folder

Then go into Xcode preferences and then accounts, double click on your development team and click download on the right for the provisioning profile

Also, you are using the tvOS Team profile correct? sometimes Xcode creates a profile for both iOS and tvOS at the same time
(2016-02-11, 21:50)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 21:39)guarddt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DanTheMan827, no matter what i do i can't get the "fix issue" button to work, the "no provision profile..." just keeps popping back up. the weird thing is that it actually creates a profile, i can see it under my account info, but when i go to finish the installation with the profile, i get the same error that rinaldij862 does.

Thanks,

(2016-02-11, 05:43)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the error coming from iOS App Signer or Xcode?

See if you can run the blank Xcode project on your Apple TV if that works you do in fact have a valid provisioning profile

If that's the case, open finder and navigate to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/ (use ⌘+SHIFT+G) and trash all those profiles in the folder

Then go into Xcode preferences and then accounts, double click on your development team and click download on the right for the provisioning profile

Also, you are using the tvOS Team profile correct? sometimes Xcode creates a profile for both iOS and tvOS at the same time

I'm still new to this xcode stuff so you might have to give me a bit more detail.

How do i go about running a blank xcode project?

how do i know what i'm running a tvos team vs. an ios team? i ask this because when i was tinkering in the "build settings" tab, i noticed that my apple id names have either an "ios" or "mac" prefix to them, i've never seen one for tvos though, is that what your talking about?

Thanks,
How do you know the top shelf is working for Kodi? It just shows a blue screen with the word KODI and the logo. Is that what it's supposed to look like?
You need to have recently added movies or tv shows in order front to work.
(2016-02-11, 22:01)guarddt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 21:50)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks,

I'm still new to this xcode stuff so you might have to give me a bit more detail.

How do i go about running a blank xcode project?

how do i know what i'm running a tvos team vs. an ios team? i ask this because when i was tinkering in the "build settings" tab, i noticed that my apple id names have either an "ios" or "mac" prefix to them, i've never seen one for tvos though, is that what your talking about?

Thanks,

So FYI, apparently it was my Apple TV that was not able to be registered to Xcode. I returned it and got another one and that new one worked first try.
Hi DanTheMan827,have a problem with ios app signer not get it to work I get an ¨error process deb files¨.

i have kodi20160207-629b015.deb
iOS app signer
Xcode 7.2.1
os x el capitán 10.11.3
gracias
(2016-02-14, 12:18)raulybea Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DanTheMan827,have a problem with ios app signer not get it to work I get an ¨error process deb files¨.

i have kodi20160207-629b015.deb
iOS app signer
Xcode 7.2.1
os x el capitán 10.11.3
gracias

Try this, open terminal and run this command

Code:
xcode-select --install

If that doesn't work try running ar and see what it says
Whatever i do i get this error when installing on apple tv :

App installation failed

This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a '.'.
(2016-02-15, 09:49)Shinoby92 Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever i do i get this error when installing on apple tv :

App installation failed

This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a '.'.

This sounds like you have an old version of iOS app signer

Could you please confirm that you have the latest version? R17 as of this post
(2016-02-15, 09:53)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-15, 09:49)Shinoby92 Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever i do i get this error when installing on apple tv :

App installation failed

This sounds like you have an old version of iOS app signer

Could you please confirm that you have the latest version? R17 as of this post

That was really the reason lol...
thank you

i installed it now, where can i copy all my user data, add ons etc ? replace container ?
I've followed all the necessary steps to install Kodi on my Apple TV4. Everything seems to work perfectly except when I select/run Kodi on my Apple TV. I see a quick flash of the main Kodi screen and then the screen goes white!

I'm using iOS AppSigner r17.1
Xcode 7.2.1
kodi-20160207.deb

I've tried to look at log files from ATV4 but no luck. Is there anyway to debug what's actually going wrong? Could this still be a certificate issue?
(2016-02-15, 15:32)battousai Wrote: [ -> ]I've followed all the necessary steps to install Kodi on my Apple TV4. Everything seems to work perfectly except when I select/run Kodi on my Apple TV. I see a quick flash of the main Kodi screen and then the screen goes white!

I'm using iOS AppSigner r17.1
Xcode 7.2.1
kodi-20160207.deb

I've tried to look at log files from ATV4 but no luck. Is there anyway to debug what's actually going wrong? Could this still be a certificate issue?

Using a new developer ID seems to have fixed! Still currious as to why the first dev Id didn't work. Is there a way to verify a certificate?