Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated to tvOS 9.2 and Kodi is GONE. Trying to reinstall now but hope I didn't lose anything.
(2016-03-21, 21:22)bmendes Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated to tvOS 9.2 and Kodi is GONE. Trying to reinstall now but hope I didn't lose anything.

That's interesting...

I updated my Apple TV multiple times with the developer betas and I never lost anything...

It could have been a combination of the app being expired and tvOS doing housekeeping during the upgrade...

Hope everything works out for you!
Thanks for the reminder. I just deleted the entire xCode project, recreated it one more time, and this fixed the profile file(s). I'm up and running! My provisioning profile indicates that it expires on 06/19/2016. Does this mean that I will have to repeat this process every 3 months from now on? And if so, is this because I don't have a real apple developer's license?

Thanks Dan!
(2016-03-21, 21:25)markbeede Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reminder. I just deleted the entire xCode project, recreated it one more time, and this fixed the profile file(s). I'm up and running! My provisioning profile indicates that it expires on 06/19/2016. Does this mean that I will have to repeat this process every 3 months from now on? And if so, is this because I don't have a real apple developer's license?

Thanks Dan!

That is correct, on 6/19/2016 you'll have to re-sign the app or it won't open anymore.

The free accounts only get 3 months at a time, if you signed up for for the paid developer account it would last for a year before needing to be re-signed.
Ok, so even though there were no apps showing on the Apple TV in Xcode, I installed Kodi again and surprisingly all my data is still there Smile I had just resigned Kodi less than two weeks ago, so expiring wasn't the issue.

Has anyone else lost Kodi after updating?
(2016-03-21, 21:22)bmendes Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated to tvOS 9.2 and Kodi is GONE. Trying to reinstall now but hope I didn't lose anything.

I just updated my Apple Tv4 to 9.2 and my Kodi was gone as well. Think this might be Apple "thinning" during installation of new fw.
Just hooked my ATV4 to my computer with X-code running, opened devises, highlighted my ATV and reinstalled the IPA file.
All is back, working fine.
(2016-03-03, 05:21)nhoop38 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running iPad 4 with iOS 9.2.1
with side loaded kodi 15.2 works great
i tried to load kodi 16 from the kodi DEB using the app signer
it loads on to iPad the same way 15.2 did but i cannot open the app once on iPad
anyone seen this?
I've got kodi 16 on every other device just need the iPad to work

any help would be great
thanks
nhoop38

(2016-03-20, 01:34)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I released a new version...

A couple things though...
  • Don't manually trust your certificate, I've found this DOES NOT WORK (even if you DO have a valid WWDR certificate)
  • The new version will offer to fix the WWDR certificate if you have an old certificate

Hi

Sorry for being stupid but where can I get your new release from??

Thanks
There should be an in-app update notification that pops up

Otherwise, http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/
Hi

I keep getting this error when install the ipa to my apple tv, I'm on TvOS 9.2.

"App Installation failed, this app contains an app extensions with an illegal uncle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a ".". "
http://postimg.org/image/9pkyfs2ip/
Any idea why this would happen? and any resolution?

Thanks
(2016-03-22, 15:33)Musicazx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I keep getting this error when install the ipa to my apple tv, I'm on TvOS 9.2.

"App Installation failed, this app contains an app extensions with an illegal uncle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a ".". "
http://postimg.org/image/9pkyfs2ip/
Any idea why this would happen? and any resolution?

Thanks

You have an old version of iOS App Signer.

http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/
Hello , I'm new to this forum but totally have fallen in love with Kodi, for iOS do you know if the above explanation for Kodi installs will still work on an apple TV 3rd gen? PS Thank you for the explanation for the X Code / Kodi stuff. You are awesome!
(2016-03-23, 05:44)srice831 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello , I'm new to this forum but totally have fallen in love with Kodi, for iOS do you know if the above explanation for Kodi installs will still work on an apple TV 3rd gen? PS Thank you for the explanation for the X Code / Kodi stuff. You are awesome!

Nope, Kodi is only available for the 1st, 2nd, and 4th gen Apple TVs

Only the 4th gen has any ongoing development, all the others only have old versions available.
Thank you for the info but do you have any suggestions for getting something like Kodi or xbmc on the 3rd generation apple TV, or a workaround?
It's not possible to install it on the 3rd gen Apple TV, there was never a jailbreak and there was no native app capability
(2016-03-23, 05:55)srice831 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the info but do you have any suggestions for getting something like Kodi or xbmc on the 3rd generation apple TV, or a workaround?

If you don't mind a bit of hacking, you can get PlexConnect working with the ATV3 which will interface to a Plex Media Server. This is off topic so I'll let you ask Google for more information.

Regards.