Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-30, 03:54)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]In laymans terms (or the best I can do without going all techie) Displays in HDR mode use a different gamma curve, so the relative bitlevels are much slower going from dark to bright. That's why a HDR picture will look too bright on a normal display. When using a display in HDR mode with the darker gamma curve, it will look right.

So, to convert a HDR picture to SDR, you need to do the opposite:adjust the picture to be darker so it will look right on a normal SDR display. But you leave out the HDR part of the image, or it wont "fit". I am not sure but I suspect different manufacturers have slightly different methods to convert HDR to SDR as I think there is no definitive standard to this, and different manufacturers might want to be clever and keep parts of HDR when downconverting. (Again, I haven't read up on the specifics although it's pretty straightforward mathemathically) Let's call this the secret sauce. The sauce is used when downconverting to SDR. Another sauce is in place when the display switch over to HDR mode.

HDR is still a mess , and the HDR metadata are dynamic; describing both max luminence and also the color gamut. So the display has to somehow switch gamma/modes/gamut on the fly. A very special sauce indeed, and for the time being pretty much impossible to calibrate properly (although I have a rough idea on how they are going to solve this)

(2016-04-30, 14:39)gbakay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-30, 01:52)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Hello gbakay Smile

sony x93c is compatible HDR since september 2015, i will take picture when my tv switch in HDR mode or i will make a video.

My wrong Oliver, you lucky guy, wish my X900B had HDR Confused When you do get a chance I would love to see pictures or video in HDR mode.

AIUI different HDR solutions have different routes to SDR compatibility.

It's a key issue for broadcasters - who don't want to be in the situations of simulcasting HDR and SDR duplicate content and need an SDR-compatible HDR system (like B&W SD TVs were - apart from some in the UK and France - compatible with colour transmissions)

The BBC & NHK have proposed a Hybrid Log Gamma system that displays a compatible image acceptably on an SDR display, but on a suitable HDR display you get the benefit of the greater dynamic range. It also allows for live multi camera production (again vital for broadcast), which has still yet to be seen demonstrated (or hadn't pre-NAB) for Dolby Vision. (Their 'live' claims were apparently all single camera...) I've seen it demo-ed and it certainly delivered SDR and HDR pictures from a single signal.
(2016-04-30, 23:19)Szrobert Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

Auto frame rate switching work on Q10 Pro?
(720p, 1080p, ....)
How, please help!

Thanks!
@looun has compiled a detailed report (720p, 1080p, 4K, all at several different FPS)... maybe he will post a summary here.
i'm watching an mkv movie ( Q10 pro ouput 1080p60hz with 1080p 24hz active) and it's smooth, no problems for the moment.
Hey guys
Just ordered 1 Q10pro, been googeling abit to find theire official forum to find firmware updates and discussions but fail to find it.

Anyone care to share the url ?

id be greatfull
Hey

i have when watching a movie with Kodi , with the Wrapper on 24p a micro Stutter every 10-20 secs or so ... could also be 30 secs. (1080p movies)

it's like if it would like to resync itself.

Although i have 24p on in the settings. and i also have Always Sync On in Kodi.

Anyone have a clue what this could be ?
I apologize if I am on the wrong forum All I want to do Is hopefully chose the Right Media/Streamer. I am going a bit mad on what to chose. I have managed to get it down to the Himedia Q10 pro (2016) model & from the other camp the Mede8er player.At the moment I have downloade Kodi to my PC and practieing with it like copying blu ray from disc to hard drive useing Kodi plus finding artwork which to me looks pretty stright forward. But that's all I want to do on this box at the moment. What nows worries me when I conected it to my top TV and projector as I want it to stay the same Q as the blu ray. I have heard that it is quite diffcult to set the Kodi is that true? if so what is the most difficult part of it ? On the Mede8er I have been told the reverse and been told that easy to set up with no fiddling. I must admit I like Kodi and I thought of the little practice I have had on the PC coping the films and artwork set up was fairly easy. I also see the Q10 pro does have all the sound systems which I need as I have a top of the range Amp (Antherm 1120). if there are hard bits to set up on Q10 Pro kodi is there a step by step guide or video on how to overcome these problems for a newbie like me who as never had one of these media boxes before. or should I leave Kodi well alone and go for the Mede8er box?
(2016-05-01, 13:45)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]you can try this URL :

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?board=14.0

thx!
(2016-04-30, 14:39)gbakay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-30, 01:52)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Hello gbakay Smile

sony x93c is compatible HDR since september 2015, i will take picture when my tv switch in HDR mode or i will make a video.

My wrong Oliver, you lucky guy, wish my X900B had HDR Confused When you do get a chance I would love to see pictures or video in HDR mode.

i give you the URL but the PQ of the video is not beautiful with my camera, this is not what I see with my eyes.

https://youtu.be/Og3oZxMRTgA
Yes you definitely have HDR on your Sony! Smile

Video looks good, thanks for uploading. Wish my Sony had HDR because I can't play the Exodus 4K video, only sound.
I have a question for those who have a 4K HDR TV.

Do you have the "HDR output modes" available, because in my case i do not have this options with my Q10 pro

see the picture below

i had made clean re-flash of the f/w (with pin in reset hole) but without success.
Hello everyone!

I became an owner of Q10 Pro.

I'd like help:

If you adjust the resolution to 2160p from any upgrade, and then turn on the HDMI auto adaptation will be active this option, but the resolution itself transfers the 1080p 50Hz all the time. Then when I start a 4K content will remain 1080p 50Hz, what is the problem?

If I take the output resolution 2160p 60Hz and set on the 1080P24Hz and start video, no signal on the tv.
If I take the output resolution 2160p 60H and play 1080p24-50Hz, 2160p60-50Hz video, the tv signal are in every case 2160p60Hz. It does not work the auto frame rate? What is the problem?

Wrapper installed.

My tv a Lg 55UB850v 4K, I take the signal hdmi 3 port. The port can 4K60hz, 10bit, UHD DeepColor.

Please help Me!

Thank you everyone! Sorry for my bad english!
(2016-05-02, 11:52)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for those who have a 4K HDR TV.

Do you have the "HDR output modes" available, because in my case i do not have this options with my Q10 pro

see the picture below

i had made clean re-flash of the f/w (with pin in reset hole) but without success.

Hi Oliver, I just checked my Q10 Pro and it appears I have the option for selecting SD, Dolby and HDR.

Not sure why you do not have this option? Maybe try another resolution setting?
(2016-05-01, 00:42)noggin Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Soli' pid='2324258' dateline='1461981296'

Quote:The BBC & NHK have proposed a Hybrid Log Gamma system that displays a compatible image acceptably on an SDR display, but on a suitable HDR display you get the benefit of the greater dynamic range. It also allows for live multi camera production (again vital for broadcast), which has still yet to be seen demonstrated (or hadn't pre-NAB) for Dolby Vision. (Their 'live' claims were apparently all single camera...) I've seen it demo-ed and it certainly delivered SDR and HDR pictures from a single signal.

This is the same subject that was been talk on Home Theater Geeks
(2016-05-02, 13:04)gbakay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-02, 11:52)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for those who have a 4K HDR TV.

see the picture below

Hi Oliver, I just checked my Q10 Pro and it appears I have the option for selecting SD, Dolby and HDR.

Not sure why you do not have this option? Maybe try another resolution setting?

@OlivierQC on beta firmware was removed setting menu.