Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just took delivery of a production unit...

There seems to be a new firmware on these vs. the pre-production sample I've been testing with since February.

Will do a thorough re-test, and update post #1 in the coming days.
Did you get it from HiMedia or Futeko? Where did it ship from?
I'm a beta-tester for HiMedia, and got it directly from them... but, I'm totally independent in my views BTW, and it'll stay that way! Smile.

If you're buying, I recommend Futeko. If you're in the U.S., may be a bit more expen$ive, but trust Simon @ Futeko. He's a reliable, reputable reseller. Too bad there's no U.S. distributor. I thought of doing it, but decided my efforts were better spent testing, evaluating hardware instead and providing manufacturers feedback.

Some early impressions... I'm already mostly happy! Compared to pre-production sample I've had since February, the production (mass release) box just coming out now...
  • Does everything well that the pre-production sample does; a relief!
  • Does not appear to have lip sync issue, but longer, more in-depth testing necessary say for sure
  • Does perfect DD+ 5.1 and 7.1 bitstreaming (which the pre-production sample only passed standard DD5.1 for)
  • Does NOT have HiMediaWrapper pre-installed! (The APK HiMedia provided me for the pre-production sample thankfully works w/production box, but they should really pre-install this and provide it for download)
  • Still can't flip eyes for right-eye first 3D BD's (just as w/pre-production sample; HiMedia, please fix this!)
  • Kodi 17 nightlies install fine, but the 'back' function does NOT work. So, used Kodi 16 RC2 instead for now (after uninstalling pre-installed 15.2). Don't know if this is a Kodi issue or a HiMedia issue

If Kodi U.S. users are interested in a 'power buy' however, I may be able to help w/that. Nothing in it for me, just to help out fellow A/V enthusiasts. Mods, if this is against the rules, please nix this paragraph.
(2016-04-13, 01:19)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a beta-tester for HiMedia, and got it directly from them... but, I'm totally independent in my views BTW, and it'll stay that way! Smile.

If you're buying, I recommend Futeko. If you're in the U.S., may be a bit more expen$ive, but trust Simon @ Futeko. He's a reliable, reputable reseller. Too bad there's no U.S. distributor. I thought of doing it, but decided my efforts were better spent testing, evaluating hardware instead and providing manufacturers feedback.

Some early impressions... I'm already mostly happy! Compared to pre-production sample I've had since February, the production (mass release) box just coming out now...
  • Does everything well that the pre-production sample does; a relief!
  • Does not appear to have lip sync issue, but longer, more in-depth testing necessary say for sure
  • Does perfect DD+ 5.1 and 7.1 bitstreaming (which the pre-production sample only passed standard DD5.1 for)
  • Does NOT have HiMediaWrapper pre-installed! (The APK HiMedia provided me for the pre-production sample thankfully works w/production box, but they should really pre-install this and provide it for download)
  • Still can't flip eyes for right-eye first 3D BD's (just as w/pre-production sample; HiMedia, please fix this!)
  • Kodi 17 nightlies install fine, but the 'back' function does NOT work. So, used Kodi 16 RC2 instead for now (after uninstalling pre-installed 15.2). Don't know if this is a Kodi issue or a HiMedia issue

If Kodi U.S. users are interested in a 'power buy' however, I may be able to help w/that. Nothing in it for me, just to help out fellow A/V enthusiasts. Mods, if this is against the rules, please nix this paragraph.

Thanks for the info!
(2016-04-13, 01:19)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a beta-tester for HiMedia, and got it directly from them... but, I'm totally independent in my views BTW, and it'll stay that way! Smile.

I pre-ordered (po2) it from Futeko...it will be sometime before it gets delivered...what do you mean by "power buy"? Can it be delivered sooner than Futeko..would have loved that if I knew before.
No. Power buy is a way for users to buy as a large group so as to get a better per unit price. If there is interest, I can ask Futeko and/or HiMedia.
On second thought, nix that idea, too much work Smile.
Looking forward to receiving the new test results. Personally, I am interested by the Q5 pro when it will be available. I live in Canada and have purchased the Q5 4k3d at canadacomputer.com

I have just watched the following video on Youtube, the player ’vidon me’’ works on Q10 pro and allows the reading of the menus of a full blu ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z7t7cdj60w
Question is whether you can get full HD audio, 23.976 and Imprex Engine use w/it? Could care less about menus personally (as I find them a nuisance, and just want the main feature), but I realize others do.
i agree with you, it was just as info.

how many days will your result be online ?
By Saturday, fingers crossed.
thank you for your work
Hello,

Sorry for my broken English .

Or find the wrapper for the Q10 Pro? I have received today and I have not found anything ?

Thx
HiMedia has not pre-installed, nor shared it yet, but I can Smile ... here's the Kodi wrapper for Q10 Pro.
you are the best
(2016-04-14, 20:27)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]HiMedia has not pre-installed, nor shared it yet, but I can Smile ... here's the Kodi wrapper for Q10 Pro.

thank you Laugh