Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-14, 03:58)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]@hdmkv - has the Shield fixed :
- incorrect color depth outputs with the Shield incorrectly switching from 10bit to 8bit bit outputs after Kodi autoswitches from a 60Hz to a 24p refresh rate ?
(this is important to remove color banding)
This is the first time I am reading of this issue. What is this about?
(2018-04-14, 04:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Fair points. Question though... would U9 be any faster than 'generic' S912 Android boxes (like Tanix, MeCool, etc. w/2GB or 3GB RAM) running LE off a mSD card? Also, can U9 do proper 709<>2020 & 1080p<>4K switching via Android? If so, I may just try U9 out.

@movie78, how are you finding your new U9?
LibreElec Leia Kodi 18
 Hard to make a decision on it, since most of my playback file are in UHD ISO format the device is having a little  difficulties playing those files, no issue found with MKV and BD ISO.
Browsing a little snappy but i the Skin i am using is very heavy so loading posters and fanart takes a little of time but MINIX performed just same as my Asrock Beebox KabyLake with LibreElec Leia 18, on that part i don't think there an issue with MINIX but with Skin itself.
Solid device if i can the UHD ISO part working.

Still Testing....
Vidon and Egreat got banned from this forum for not releasing the BD-J source code, I am wondering when ZiDoo is going to release their source code for BD-J?
They don’t need to as it’s the external player doing the work, not Kodi (ZDMC).
(2018-04-16, 23:32)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]They don’t need to as it’s the external player doing the work, not Kodi (ZDMC).
 Isn't Egreat using external player too?
I just thinks if they have and can share it will be great, i thought the goal was to make Kodi the best platform.
Egreat is using VidOn, which is a Kodi fork w/internal playback, and they've not shared source code from what I understand.
first review of dune 4k pro http://mediaplayers.gr/dune-hd-pro-4k/:
- very very bad GUI/player/jukebox graphics design 
- No fork like ZDMC 
- no google market

but some advanced setting  very interesting
New release :

https://github.com/zidootech/ZDMC/releases

​​​​​​
  1. Fix 23.976 framerate output  Big Grin
Thanks... I assume this is if you opt for ZDMC's internal playback, as 23.976 has worked fine for external for a long time.

Re: Dune, @looun, not surprised. You're overpaying, and not getting anything better. I expect to get Zidoo's X20, which is RTD1296-based, to test/review within a couple of weeks hopefully. Video performance should be similar to X8/X9S/X10 I'm guessing, but for audiophiles, it has an ESS 9038DAC.
the player from zidoo x9s (ZDMC) can't play one of my video files:

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High [email protected]
Format settings                          : CABAC / 12 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames               : 12 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 1 h 33 min
Bit rate                                 : 8 849 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 692 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.417
Stream size                              : 5.75 GiB (91%)
Title                                    : EbP
Writing library                          : x264 core 135 r2345 f0c1c53

But when I switch to kodi native player, it's playing fine
Is this an anime video? Zidoo has issues playing these.
(2018-04-22, 16:31)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an anime video? Zidoo has issues playing these.
 just one movie I accidentally encoded with 10bit H264, so it's a known problem. But when I switch to internal player, it's playing fine
(2018-04-22, 20:17)arryo Wrote: [ -> ] just one movie I accidentally encoded with 10bit H264, so it's a known problem. But when I switch to internal player, it's playing fine 
It is being software decoded.
(2018-04-22, 21:00)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-22, 20:17)arryo Wrote: [ -> ] just one movie I accidentally encoded with 10bit H264, so it's a known problem. But when I switch to internal player, it's playing fine 
It is being software decoded. 
 regarding to internal player of Kodi , im fine with that as long as the file is not 3D, but for some reason the audio out is always stereo no matter what I set in the setting (passthrough or not). Is there anyway that I can passthrough or even software decoded the audio to correct number of channels
(2018-04-22, 22:03)arryo Wrote: [ -> ]regarding to internal player of Kodi , im fine with that as long as the file is not 3D, but for some reason the audio out is always stereo no matter what I set in the setting (passthrough or not). Is there anyway that I can passthrough or even software decoded the audio to correct number of channels 
If it is multichannel AAC audio track, Zidoo will output it only as stereo PCM. It only supports native multichannel LPCM. Also, I don't think the internal KOdi player supports HD audio passthrough (have to reconfirm this).