Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-06, 17:58)KILLERNADS Wrote: [ -> ]Using Zidoo Video Player, I've now got the menu which is in bubbles on the Left side of the screen. How do i go back to having the Menu which is at the top of the screen? It had additional buttons like Bookmarks etc to save a film for later use!! Ive tried all the buttons and i can't seem to go back to that menu.

The top menu only showing playing Blu ray
The bookmark function in the:left menu -- Advanced
(2016-12-07, 06:37)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-06, 17:58)KILLERNADS Wrote: [ -> ]Using Zidoo Video Player, I've now got the menu which is in bubbles on the Left side of the screen. How do i go back to having the Menu which is at the top of the screen? It had additional buttons like Bookmarks etc to save a film for later use!! Ive tried all the buttons and i can't seem to go back to that menu.

The top menu only showing playing Blu ray
The bookmark function in the:left menu -- Advanced

okay thanks
Hello,

Equipment :

zidoo X8 FW 1.2.6 / FW 1.2.7
Himedia Q10 pro FW 2.0
onkyo 656
focal dome 5.1.2

------------------------

Zidoo X8 Fw 1.2.6/1.2.7:

i watched the first minutes of Independence Day: Resurgence ISO 2D and i have severals audio dropout with VO and VF DTS HD MA (for example : 3m18s and 3m30s)

i checked many movies dts hd and i have always the issue (audio dropout throughout the movie)

i haven't had time to made a video the last night, i will try this evening.

and like Skank, i have "cracks and pops " in audio when browsing main menu in kodi.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2471872

------------------------

Himedia Q10 pro Fw 2.0 :

i do not have any problem, no audio dropout at all with DTS HD MA and the same movies, we can say that this is not the video file/soundtrack who has a problem but the Zidoo.

i do not have "cracks and pops " in audio with the Himedia Q10 pro

-------------------------

Zidoo Team

those who are Zidoo X9S seem to not have this problem

could you test the X8 with DTS HD MA movies

tell me if you can reproduce the issue

-------------------------

thanks in advance

OlivierQC
(2016-12-06, 21:12)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 23:33)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys having negative experience as described by some here? I haven't, which is why I'm curious.

@hdmkv
@mirror88

Issues i have with last firmware:
Using external player.
-sometimes "cracks and pops " in audio when browsing main menu in kodi. Really need to be fixed cause its harmful for speakers.
- watched a movie with dts-hd , think it was star trek beyond . Everything went fine until the end of the movie. The audio stopped and continued. And video stalled. I think it was the audio track that caused it.

@mirror88?
Is there anyway to install Netflix UHD on Zidoo? The app from the Play store is junk, its a mobile version and doesn't even show 4K material.
Yes there is a way...from the Sticky thread....

Q. I need a Kodi box that can play 720/1080p or 4K DRM copy protected video streams such as Netflix, HBO etc. ?
  • nVIDIA Shield (4K + HDR)
  • Xiaomi Mi Box (4K)
  • Amazon Stick/FTV1 + FTV2 (4K)
  • Intel machines running Win10, using either dedicated Apps or a Web Browser (Eg. Amazon Prime), very likely other OS's as well.
  • WeTek's Core , Hub, Play2 (audio is 2.0 only, unless you use this ROM on the Play2)
  • Apple TV4
Wink
(2016-12-07, 17:10)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes there is a way...from the Sticky thread....

Q. I need a Kodi box that can play 720/1080p or 4K DRM copy protected video streams such as Netflix, HBO etc. ?
  • nVIDIA Shield (4K + HDR)
  • Xiaomi Mi Box (4K)
  • Amazon Stick/FTV1 + FTV2 (4K)
  • Intel machines running Win10, using either dedicated Apps or a Web Browser (Eg. Amazon Prime), very likely other OS's as well.
  • WeTek's Core , Hub, Play2 (audio is 2.0 only, unless you use this ROM on the Play2)
  • Apple TV4
Wink

So you can't run it on the Zidoo Sad

Is there any reason as to why because both this box and Shield are android boxes?! Im assuming that the Shield has proper licenses from Netflix to run it?
(2016-12-06, 17:47)KILLERNADS Wrote: [ -> ]The subtitles are really off putting aswell, and we need crisper text without the characters overlapping each other, especially when you shrink the size down to say font 12 or somewhere close to that.

Can you describe this problem a little bit more for me as this would be a real dealbreaker for me.

I moslty use external subtitles (srt) with mkv and like to move position up/down and change size to smaller/bigger
Is this a problem with this device? (I'm hesitatiing between X9S and Q10 PRo)
Thanks in advance!
(2016-12-07, 18:09)Plextor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-06, 17:47)KILLERNADS Wrote: [ -> ]The subtitles are really off putting aswell, and we need crisper text without the characters overlapping each other, especially when you shrink the size down to say font 12 or somewhere close to that.

Can you describe this problem a little bit more for me as this would be a real dealbreaker for me.

I moslty use external subtitles (srt) with mkv and like to move position up/down and change size to smaller/bigger
Is this a problem with this device? (I'm hesitatiing between X9S and Q10 PRo)
Thanks in advance!

Yep, the subs are readable and font size changeable, but the font is horrible, ugly and the characters most of the time overlap, so for example the word: HELLO You will see the E overlapping the H, and the L overlapping the E 3/4 of the way through, etc... This is especially occurrent when you change the font size from the default 20 down to something like 15 or less.

Don't know when this will be fixed Sad
Hmmm..doesn't sound very good to me...
Maybe I'll go for the Himedia Q10 Pro...

Thanks for the reply KILLERNADS
(2016-12-07, 18:30)Plextor Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm..doesn't sound very good to me...
Maybe I'll go for the Himedia Q10 Pro...

Thanks for the reply KILLERNADS

No worries but problem with the Q10 is that you will most likely have issues with 3D ISO files! Which is a bigger issue then just subtitles that can be easily fixed! Also I'm not sure but does Q10 also use a external media player or does it use the in built Kodi video player?
Q10 Pro also uses an external player solution. And, the subs looking bad w/Zidoo are not w/embedded (Blu-ray) PGS subs (which look fine).
(2016-12-07, 19:35)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Q10 Pro also uses an external player solution. And, the subs looking bad w/Zidoo are not w/embedded (Blu-ray) PGS subs (which look fine).

Are the subs looking good on the Q10 Pro because I use almost everytime .srt subtitles with my mkv's
I really don't care about 3D to be honest...
Is anybody using the Amazon Video app on the X9S? I did manage to install it but it is not playing any videos. Any help would be appreciated.
(2016-12-07, 14:30)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-06, 21:12)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-05, 23:33)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys having negative experience as described by some here? I haven't, which is why I'm curious.

@hdmkv
@mirror88

Issues i have with last firmware:
Using external player.
-sometimes "cracks and pops " in audio when browsing main menu in kodi. Really need to be fixed cause its harmful for speakers.
- watched a movie with dts-hd , think it was star trek beyond . Everything went fine until the end of the movie. The audio stopped and continued. And video stalled. I think it was the audio track that caused it.

@mirror88?
Checking.
BTW:MVC MKV's playing with proper frame-packed and proper depth coming soon.