Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@mirror88
I just got my X8 and I have some serious playback problems. It is buffering a lot and most often it says the buffer is full before it can start playback. Very choppy playback.
Have tried both SMB from NAS and Windows servers. Also UPNP from Serviio. LAN and Wifi. Same problems.
Please let me know if this is the wrong wrong thread, but since it is almost the same harware I hope it is OK. The unit has the latest 1.2.6 FW.

Cheers!
hi,

Maybe you have already spoken about it but a lot of people are complaining that the reader suddenly stops working or stops working after certain actions.

In Example:

Stopping KODI with the remote with the stop function of Zidoo without passing by “leave KODI” (to never do)

Or

The external reader does not work since the update of the MAJ 1.2.4 to version 1.2.6

Solution : obligate flashing in 1.2.3 then pass into 1.2.6 to make it work again.
(2016-11-03, 19:58)boboiusa Wrote: [ -> ]@mirror88
I just got my X8 and I have some serious playback problems. It is buffering a lot and most often it says the buffer is full before it can start playback. Very choppy playback.
Have tried both SMB from NAS and Windows servers. Also UPNP from Serviio. LAN and Wifi. Same problems.
Please let me know if this is the wrong wrong thread, but since it is almost the same harware I hope it is OK. The unit has the latest 1.2.6 FW.

Cheers!
Most of us are NOT experiencing these issues w/X9S, so could be X8-specific. Can you try the same videos off an attached USB and report back, and also whether internal ZDMC playback or external/native player.
(2016-11-03, 21:05)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-03, 19:58)boboiusa Wrote: [ -> ]@mirror88

Cheers!
Most of us are NOT experiencing these issues w/X9S, so could be X8-specific. Can you try the same videos off an attached USB and report back, and also whether internal ZDMC playback or external/native player.

Will try to use USB drive to rule out any network related issues. I have however a laptop with the KODI Intel MVC build connected with the same network cable without any issues. I tried both internal and external player.
Then could be X8... you're the first user I know of to have tried it. H/W-wise, it's basically the same as X9S so it seems a bit odd it would have buffering issues.
i hope to have mine this week end.
Does the X8 use the same firmware as the X9S?
Besides missing the external sata connector and having 8 instead of 16GB are there any other (besides the case) differences?
I tried searching, but X8 is too short LOL
hi does anyone have a boot problem with the x9s mines is stuck on hello on the front led. I have tried to get it into recovery mode it just shows up__ on the screen.
(2016-11-03, 21:31)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Then could be X8... you're the first user I know of to have tried it. H/W-wise, it's basically the same as X9S so it seems a bit odd it would have buffering issues.

It only has half of the emc memory or whatever it is, this is obviously used as the buffer.
(2016-11-03, 22:20)Johnny_cass Wrote: [ -> ]hi does anyone have a boot problem with the x9s mines is stuck on hello on the front led. I have tried to get it into recovery mode it just shows up__ on the screen.
Yes, it has happened to me several times esp. on firmware 1.2.3. In fact the first time it happened I thought my box was toast. Try connecting it to a different HDMI input on your TV or even better a different TV.
(2016-11-03, 18:13)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-03, 06:52)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrade:We already optimized all of these files < +60ms,It's a mistake from version v1.2.4
You can test it in v1.2.3 now.
That's good to know!

(2016-11-03, 08:56)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely sure.
My Zidoo runs through my Denon x2200 to my Samsung.
I'm no expert but it seems to me that with refresh rate switch enabled, the unit is trying to force output at 23.97, maybe the AVR internal clock is correcting this audio to 24hz but still trying to pass the video at 23.97 OR the AVR is playing the audio at 23.97 but the TV is requesting 24hz?
That may explain why the Denon displays '---' in the bit rate when Refresh rate switching is enabled with the bit rate forced.
Yes, I was able to get 10-bit output, but I have problem after the X9S is rebooted. After a reboot, I get no HDMI output. I have to connect the X9S to a different HDMI port on TV or a different display to get the output working again. This issue persists even through power cycles.

Pixel color depth is read from the CD fields in the General Control Packet (GCP). I think there is some issue here that needs to be fixed. Denon AVR issue is unrelated. It probably doesn't have 4K 24 YCbCr 4:2:2 12-bit in its decimal list.

(2016-11-03, 15:41)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I'm more sensitive to video judders/microstutters than audio synch issue Tongue.
Aging brain? Rofl

I'm getting exactly the same problem, After a reboot or power off I get no signal, my Denon reports no video signal whatsoever, I have to keep unpluging the unit and connect it to a 1080 TV, boot up then power off and reconnect back to the 4K TV / Denon to get the picture back on.
This is obviously a HDCP 2.2 problem.

I'm seriously thinking of sending this back, I shouldn't have to keep manually changing resolution, manually changing refresh rates, manually changing bit rates, unplugging from the TV and syncing to another to get the video back on. oh, the HDR sample posted a couple of pages back, yes it worked fine in HDR but then the unit stayed in HDR mode no matter what I played, had to power cycle the TV...

These are some serious bugs, I'm not trying any exotic stuff here, just useing as a media player, playing all the things Zidoo advertise it can do.
Thing is, it can't do many of them automatically, that is poor development.
Did they even beta test this machine?

P.s. I'm absolutely sure the Denon has 4K 24hz YCBCr 4:2:2 12 bit in its list, it is what Panasonic and Philips UHD blu ray players output at and I've never seen or heard anybody in their forums or Denon forums mention it.
I have a MAC User question...

As you may know accessing content from a Mac Computer under the latest MacOS version (El Capitan or Sierra) usually does not work with Android Boxes. The latest native MacOs SMB sharing does not work with Android Boxes with Kodi (with both anonymous and password logon). That leaves NFS Share (which is actually quicker and has less overhead than SMB). NFS Shares setup on a Mac are seen and can be played by the built in media player. But while in the Android version of Kodi you can list the NFS Shares available, but cannot access their content (under both Kodi Jarvis or Krypton).

The solution on the Q10 Pro (credit to pcristi / Looun) was to first create Q10 Shortcuts to those NFS Shares, then run Auto_Mount_ShortCut_Toastmsg_v1.2 to permanently mount those Shortcuts and allow Kodi to access those shares from the mnt/nfs folder in the Root Filesystem. Will that same batch file work on the equivalent Favorites on the Zidoo X9S? I have also tried DLNA (UPnP), but the play performance suffers. Is there another solution for Mac users to share content from their Mac as servers?
(2016-11-03, 23:06)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-03, 22:20)Johnny_cass Wrote: [ -> ]hi does anyone have a boot problem with the x9s mines is stuck on hello on the front led. I have tried to get it into recovery mode it just shows up__ on the screen.
Yes, it has happened to me several times esp. on firmware 1.2.3. In fact the first time it happened I thought my box was toast. Try connecting it to a different HDMI input on your TV or even better a different TV.
This sorted it thanks mate
(2016-11-03, 23:18)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]P.s. I'm absolutely sure the Denon has 4K 24hz YCBCr 4:2:2 12 bit in its list, it is what Panasonic and Philips UHD blu ray players output at and I've never seen or heard anybody in their forums or Denon forums mention it.
I guess you haven't then seen these posts on AVS forum: 1, 2, 3, 4

You can see similar posts in the Roku Ultra thread also.
(2016-11-04, 03:54)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-03, 23:18)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]P.s. I'm absolutely sure the Denon has 4K 24hz YCBCr 4:2:2 12 bit in its list, it is what Panasonic and Philips UHD blu ray players output at and I've never seen or heard anybody in their forums or Denon forums mention it.
I guess you haven't then seen these posts on AVS forum: 1, 2, 3, 4

You can see similar posts in the Roku Ultra thread also.

Blush
Your right, i had not seen those posts, i will ask in the denon forum, jdsmoothie usually knows about these things and is possibly on Denon's Christmas Card List so maybe he has an answer.
I wish there was another way to check the 10/12bit 4:2:2 output.