Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,We have found the problem of your configure, and we will fix this bug in V1.2.8.
currently,You can ake the share name without space,It will be work fine.
thanks very much.
[/quote]

Thanks
(2016-12-12, 17:37)JohnWB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-12, 16:16)nikos_a Wrote: [ -> ]This problem with constant cuts in the sound happens to many people from what I read. It happened to me in two movies I watched during the weekend. One had TrueHD, the other DTS-HD. I was streaming from a WD My Cloud using Samba and also from Windows Shares (also Samba) on my PC. Both occurred using Media Center (f/w 1.2.7).

Also, can someone tell me about the leds in the network? My Mede8er's leds are left (as you see from behind) Green and right is amber (flashing). In Zidoo, I see left (orange) and from a brief search, amber indicates 100mbps. Can anyone from Zidoo let is know what network leds in x9s mean?

Sorry to but in, but I am thinking of changing from Mede8er 600 and was wondering how the Zidoo compares, the problems with HD sound are a worry for me.

At the moment, hold on your Med if you do not care about kodi add ons. Even today, 600x3D is an example of a perfect media player. Zidoo has to fix several bugs in the x9s.
@mirror88: any idea how long it will take until firmware 1.2.8? I was watching The Jungle Book 3D yesterday and the frequent audio dropouts were really annoying (I believe it has a DTS HD Master audio track).
(2016-12-13, 12:20)cobric Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having problems with HDMI CEC? Apperently when Zidoo X9S connects directly to my Panasonic TV (TX-55CX700B) CEC is working correctly (turning on TV, turns on Zidoo, and turning off TV turns off Zidoo), but after I connect it through my Denon AVR-X1300 (supports CEC, and I turned it on) CEC isn't working Sad
I really don't know if this is a problem with AVR, Zidoo or TV, does anyone with similar setup has this kind of problems?

Here the same. I've r connected through a denon x3100 to a plasma Panasonic. Zidoo turns on but not TV
(2016-12-13, 22:49)aramakao Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 12:20)cobric Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having problems with HDMI CEC? Apperently when Zidoo X9S connects directly to my Panasonic TV (TX-55CX700B) CEC is working correctly (turning on TV, turns on Zidoo, and turning off TV turns off Zidoo), but after I connect it through my Denon AVR-X1300 (supports CEC, and I turned it on) CEC isn't working Sad
I really don't know if this is a problem with AVR, Zidoo or TV, does anyone with similar setup has this kind of problems?

Here the same. I've r connected through a denon x3100 to a plasma Panasonic. Zidoo turns on but not TV

I think Denon is problem here, because if you unplug Zidoo from Denon and just try CEC control between Denon AVR and TV it'll not work -> turning on TV will not turn on AVR (same with shutdown). Plugging HDMI from Zidoo directly to TV, CEC is working as expected. Shame that Denon didn't do better job in supporting this feature.
Firmware 1.2.7. TV LG 55EG920V. If in manual to deliver a resolution of 3840×2160@60 I get a problem with switching resolution to 720p@60 after disconnecting the TV. This is the case if X9S left turned on or in sleep mode, ie when you turn the TV after 5 minutes the resolution changes to 720p@60. Someone observes similar problem? On the official forum, I wrote to developers but they never responded.
(2016-12-14, 02:25)cobric Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-13, 22:49)aramakao Wrote: [ -> ]

I think Denon is problem here, because if you unplug Zidoo from Denon and just try CEC control between Denon AVR and TV it'll not work -> turning on TV will not turn on AVR (same with shutdown). Plugging HDMI from Zidoo directly to TV, CEC is working as expected. Shame that Denon didn't do better job in supporting this feature.
I have found Denon's attempts at cec is very poor, it is also I believe responsible for a lot of handshake failures I have on my system.
(2016-12-14, 09:27)tomeeli Wrote: [ -> ]Firmware 1.2.7. TV LG 55EG920V. If in manual to deliver a resolution of 3840×2160@60 I get a problem with switching resolution to 720p@60 after disconnecting the TV. This is the case if X9S left turned on or in sleep mode, ie when you turn the TV after 5 minutes the resolution changes to 720p@60. Someone observes similar problem? On the official forum, I wrote to developers but they never responded.

I have the same thing. I never shut off the box and every time I turn on my TV I have 720p@60. Very annoying since ZDMC in that resolution is zoomed in on my TV. Also when playing a 1080p video the external player needs a confirmation to change resolution to 1080p since I have activated automatic 23/24hz mode. My laptop connected via same AVR and TV always stays at the same resolution.
(2016-12-14, 10:53)boboiusa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-14, 09:27)tomeeli Wrote: [ -> ]Firmware 1.2.7. TV LG 55EG920V. If in manual to deliver a resolution of 3840×2160@60 I get a problem with switching resolution to 720p@60 after disconnecting the TV. This is the case if X9S left turned on or in sleep mode, ie when you turn the TV after 5 minutes the resolution changes to 720p@60. Someone observes similar problem? On the official forum, I wrote to developers but they never responded.

I have the same thing. I never shut off the box and every time I turn on my TV I have 720p@60. Very annoying since ZDMC in that resolution is zoomed in on my TV. Also when playing a 1080p video the external player needs a confirmation to change resolution to 1080p since I have activated automatic 23/24hz mode. My laptop connected via same AVR and TV always stays at the same resolution.

And I thought that only I have this problem. You wrote to developers about this?
When will be firmware 1.2.8 released?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
I understood that the 720p bug is well known (I also have this bug) but I didn't see any confirmation yet that this will be fixed in the next FW update.
It happened to me too... And yes, it is annoying.
A question to all who has a problem with self-switch to 720p. And on the forum Zidoo write on this issue?
I think there I reported just the 4k/50Hz bug - not the 720p bug. However, mirror88 is reading here, too...
So having read all these pages and getting abit muddle up with issues etc, will all the issues be corrected by a firmware fix ?
Is there a different box on the market that i should be looking at ? My requirements in a box are.

Full HD video playback with DTSHD And TrueHD Audio
4k video playback with HDR
ISO playback with menus
ISO frame packed 3D
Most be able to resume from where left off
Pause is a big thing as i need to refill my beer alot Tongue so i dont want audio dropping out etc
Subtitles not overlapping as i watch alot of foreign language films
Film &TV covers with synopsis in library
Ability to read from a 4TB HardDrive

Doesnt need netflix or amazon prime as my tv has those.

I currently have a WDTV Live which does half the jobs up there so im currently looking to upgrade and after reading reviews this seemed to be number 1 on my list but all these issues the box has was not mentioned in the reviews ive read.