Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
Yesterday I bought a Zidoo X9S. And I want to set up a library but I do not see HOME FOLDER. I shall indicate in the system settings show hidden directories but still there is not ...
Can you help someone?
Thank you very much.
Dune HD 4k solo
No USB3.0
No HDMI2.0
Zidoo's specs look much better
@DaMacFunkin
Quote:but the Zidoo can't sync with the TV at 3840x2160@50hz
Added it in version v1.2.6

Code:
6,2160P50Hz mode added.
7,Frame rate auto switch 2160P50HZ added
Here are the numbers for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio:

Mediacenter - +406ms
ZDMC (External Player- enabled) - +401ms
ZDMC (External Player- disabled) - +469ms

Summary:

numbers are in milliseconds. "+" means audio is ahead of video and you have to set the same amount of delay on your AVR to correct the AV-Sync error.

@hdmkv: numbers for Shield 3.3, Kodi 17 beta (10/28)
Dolby TrueHD - +48ms
DTS-HD Master Audio - +48ms
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio - +32ms

@OlivierQC: I am testing using AV-Sync test patterns for each codec. It is not for any particular movie.

For those interested, here are the test patterns: AV-Sync Test Patterns. These are originally from Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark 2. Play the test pattern and check for the frame on which the small white square is when you hear the beep tone. It may take some time before you locate the correct frame#. For "delay" more than 4 frames, multiply 41.7 by (24-frame#), for "advance" more than 4 frames, multiply 41.7 by the frame#. The instrument that I use for testing can automatically detect the flash of light in the test pattern and the beep tone.

The offset numbers in the test patterns are opposite of what I report. The numbers in the test pattern represent the actual delay/advance that you need to set on your AVR. So, "-" is for delay and "+" is for advance. I believe when you guys say delay, it is the actual delay that you are setting on your AVR because audio is ahead of video.
(2016-11-03, 05:06)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the numbers for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio:
Mediacenter - +406ms

Dolby TrueHD - +48ms

...So, "-" is for delay and "+" is for advance. I believe when you guys say delay, it is the actual delay that you are setting on your AVR because audio is ahead of video.
Tech is confusing enough, some reformatting may be in order Wink
(2016-11-03, 05:20)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Tech is confusing enough, some reformatting may be in order Wink

You can reformat it the way you like. You have the powerWink
After my very messy attempts at Mod. "Power" this morning I've had my fill of Post editing for one day thx . Wink
(2016-11-03, 05:38)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]After my very messy attempts at Mod. "Power" this morning I've had my fill of Post editing for one day thx . Wink
I have seen other mods also say this. Why is it that the mods always mess things up Tongue

I did reformat my post.
Wow wesk05, that's now virtually passing @hdmkv levels of readability right there ! Wink

I think you should join the ranks of "Newbie Mods" and teach us all a thing or three.
(2016-11-03, 05:06)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the numbers for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio:

Mediacenter - +406ms

Summary:

numbers are in milliseconds. "+" means audio is ahead of video and you have to set the same amount of delay on your AVR to correct the AV-Sync error.

Dolby TrueHD - +48ms

@OlivierQC: I am testing using AV-Sync test patterns for each codec. It is not for any particular movie.

For those interested, here are the test patterns: AV-Sync Test Patterns. These are originally from Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark 2. Play the test pattern and check for the frame on which the small white square is when you hear the beep tone. It may take some time before you locate the correct frame#. For "delay" more than 4 frames, multiply 41.7 by (24-frame#), for "advance" more than 4 frames, multiply 41.7 by the frame#. The instrument that I use for testing can automatically detect the flash of light in the test pattern and the beep tone.

The offset numbers in the test patterns are opposite of what I report. The numbers in the test pattern represent the actual delay/advance that you need to set on your AVR. So, "-" is for delay and "+" is for advance. I believe when you guys say delay, it is the actual delay that you are setting on your AVR because audio is ahead of video.

Downloaded sample files,Thanks!We'll try to optimize it.
Upgrade:We already optimized all of these files < +60ms,It's a mistake from version v1.2.4
You can test it in v1.2.3 now.
(2016-11-03, 04:45)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]@DaMacFunkin

Code:
6,2160P50Hz mode added.
Yes i know you did, but it isn't working, i can send you the edid file from my TV if you tell me where the box saves it too.
As said my TV works in 2160p@50hz all day long, that is what my Satellite box outputs at... Mmm but only at 8bit.
Will try the Zidoo later with 8bit, but if that fixes the problem, that will be another auto switching bug.
(2016-11-02, 18:27)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-02, 10:01)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]I've sorted this (sort of).

Set resolution of Zidoo to 3840x2160@24hz.
Set Deep Color as 10bit (you can choose auto, but it will always be 12bit).
Set Color Space as Auto.
Turn Off set set TV to 24hz mode when 24hz is detected --- this is the problem, i think it is trying to force 23.97 on 24hz or trying to force 24hz on 23.97??
Anyway it is a double negative and needs filing into a proper bug report.
At the moment i am watching 4k@24hz in 10bit 4:4:4 with DTS:X audio confirmed by Denon amp and no real problems.

Big Grin
Are you sure that the output is 10-bit. I see that as 8-bit on the Denon AVR and analyzers. One thing that I haven't done is restarted the device after setting the colorspace and deep color mode. Will have to check on that.
Absolutely sure.
My Zidoo runs through my Denon x2200 to my Samsung.
UHD color is turned on for that input in the Samsung.
Zidoo is set to:

Resolution: 3840x2160@24hz
Color Space: Auto.
Deep Color: 10bit.
Auto Refresh rate for 24hz switched to off. (I found when watching 3D.iso this needs to be enabled for the better picture)
Audio set to: Raw.
Double check all the above settings in Developer options, the bit setting in there for Deep Color does not change with the main setting and may be over riding,

Now play a 10bit movie (or even 8bit movie it will be the same) and my Denon reports:
4K 24hz, YcBrCr 4:4:4, 10 bit.

BUT like i said, you must enable 24hz for 3D.
You want to watch 25hz, you need to manually switch.

The playback is fine except for the A/V sync on some titles as reported, it no longer blacks out, looses audio etc.

I'm no expert but it seems to me that with refresh rate switch enabled, the unit is trying to force output at 23.97, maybe the AVR internal clock is correcting this audio to 24hz but still trying to pass the video at 23.97 OR the AVR is playing the audio at 23.97 but the TV is requesting 24hz?

That may explain why the Denon displays '---' in the bit rate when Refresh rate switching is enabled with the bit rate forced.
Will it be possible to change tv AV timing /sync with the external player as it possible with the native Kodi player?

I also have done a lot of testing and on top of issues that are reported here I have the problem that a lot of the 4k movies show microstutter. It seems like a buffer issue. I have tested this with my 4k Sony TV and with my Sony 4K projector and the problem occurs with both.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(2016-11-03, 08:33)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-03, 04:45)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]@DaMacFunkin

Code:
6,2160P50Hz mode added.
Yes i know you did, but it isn't working, i can send you the edid file from my TV if you tell me where the box saves it too.
As said my TV works in 2160p@50hz all day long, that is what my Satellite box outputs at... Mmm but only at 8bit.
Will try the Zidoo later with 8bit, but if that fixes the problem, that will be another auto switching bug.
Do you set the ' Deep color' option to Auto?

You can find "Save EDID on USB stick" in Developer options
I have problem playing the following file:
http://hdrsamples.com/exodus-4k-uhd-hdr-sample-footage/

If hdr is on i have a skewed image at any resolution higher than 1080p, no matter of the settings used. The HDR is detected by the tv, but i am getting proper picture just at 1080p.
My tv is lg 55eg920v.
Any experience/advice?
regards