Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marius,

i renamed 700 movies with your software and it worked like a charm. Now i have been working to fetch the metadata of my TV shows but it does not work in french.

Do you plan to make it work in french soon ?

Thanks and happy new year !!
It actually does work in french, but only for series that have french information available on thetvdb.com
At least that's how it's supposed to work once you set ViMM's database language preferences to French, and it seems to work correctly on my test show 'The Big Bang Theory'.
I only tested with a very hold serie i had (Hickcock presents)

will test later with something else, thanks
I'm using the latest nightly (1/5), and I'm getting a lot of the "[Fanart TV Art] Failed to connect to Fanart TV Art" error when trying to fetch metadata. From what I can tell, their website is up and running normally. Any ideas for what's going on?
While their website may be up, their API might be down for maintenance, or temporarily slowed by an overload of requests.
(2013-01-07, 01:49)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]While their website may be up, their API might be down for maintenance, or temporarily slowed by an overload of requests.

Makes sense. I didn't realize you were using an API rather than just scraping the website. I'll keep trying. It works sometimes, but not others. Maybe there's a rate-limiting mechanism in place. I'm trying to get missing items for my whole library of about 550 movies.

I also found what I think is a bug: If I fetch missing metadata on a movie that's been marked as watched, once the fetch is complete the movie reverts to unwatched status. Watched status should carry over, I think, but it doesn't appear to currently.
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Wink
When you 'Fetch Metadata', you're essentially getting ALL metadata new from scratch, if you want to keep your watched state, you should choose 'Update selection' instead through right-clicking on a movie, or through the 'File' menu, which updates your movie information rather then rewriting it.
(2013-01-07, 18:29)gizmotoy Wrote: [ -> ]I also found what I think is a bug: If I fetch missing metadata on a movie that's been marked as watched, once the fetch is complete the movie reverts to unwatched status. Watched status should carry over, I think, but it doesn't appear to currently.

I think "Fetch Missing Metadata" only fetches items that have no local NFO file (in the folder with the media file). So naturally there is no watched tag to copy. However, if you previously scanned the item into xbmc, xbmc may have some watched info in its database. That would be overwritten when you refresh the item in xbmc.
(2013-01-07, 18:49)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug, it's a feature. Wink
When you 'Fetch Metadata', you're essentially getting ALL metadata new from scratch, if you want to keep your watched state, you should choose 'Update selection' instead through right-clicking on a movie, or through the 'File' menu, which updates your movie information rather then rewriting it.

Even if you've selected "Fetch Missing Metadata"? It would seem to me (perhaps wrongly, you're the dev) that if you're only getting the missing metadata the watched state should persist, assuming that the .nfo wasn't among the missing metadata, of course.

(2013-01-07, 18:52)Glorious1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think "Fetch Missing Metadata" only fetches items that have no local NFO file (in the folder with the media file). So naturally there is no watched tag to copy. However, if you previously scanned the item into xbmc, xbmc may have some watched info in its database. That would be overwritten when you refresh the item in xbmc.

I've not found that to be the case. I have hundreds of movies, none missing NFOs, but many (most) missing one or more backgrounds, banners, logos, clearart, etc. In this case, clicking Fetch Missing Metadata started filling in the image gaps, but also produced the behavior I noted. I let it get through about 30 movies before killing it, all of which had existing NFOs marked as watched that were replaced. The NFOs in question are marked as watched both in the NFO itself and in the XBMC database, and ViMediaManager correctly noted them as such when I let it scan my library. I had just moved to a new machine, so I know ViMediaManager was in sync with the files on my source.
I'm not quite sure wether you're talking about 'Fetch Missing Metadata' or 'Download All Missing Images'.
If you're using the nightlies, it may be because I recently changed how the watched status is read from the NFO.

While the library keeps it's watched status' between application shutdowns/restarts, it's recently come to my attention that XBMC uses 'playcount' rather then 'watched' to mark a movie as watched.
Since them i'm marking a movie as 'watched' if their play count value is higher then 0, which wasn't written down at all in earlier builds.
So if you want to make sure that the watched status caries over in the future, you may have to re-mark your watched movies as 'watched', atleast until i re-add the 'watched' tag as valid as well in the next nightly. Wink
(2013-01-07, 19:13)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not quite sure whether you're talking about 'Fetch Missing Metadata' or 'Download All Missing Images'.
If you're using the nightlies, it may be because I recently changed how the watched status is read from the NFO.

While the library keeps it's watched status' between application shutdowns/restarts, it's recently come to my attention that XBMC uses 'playcount' rather then 'watched' to mark a movie as watched.
Since them i'm marking a movie as 'watched' if their play count value is higher then 0, which wasn't written down at all in earlier builds.
So if you want to make sure that the watched status caries over in the future, you may have to re-mark your watched movies as 'watched', atleast until i re-add the 'watched' tag as valid as well in the next nightly. Wink
I'm 99% sure it was "Fetch Missing Metadata" and was indicated by a broken downward arrow, which I believe was located directly next to "Fetch Metadata" with a solid downward arrow. I won't have access to my Mac again until tonight, or I'd check for sure. I do not recall seeing a "Download All Missing Images" button, but that's actually more appropriate for what I wanted. I'll check for that when I get home. I was hoping to not have to right click and manually determine what's missing via the icons and then select which extras I need to download for hundreds of movies.

I believe, but am not positive, that most or all of my NFOs should be using playcount as the watched indicator. I will check tonight. I had exported my watched status from my XBMC library several weeks ago, overwriting the existing NFOs. The nightly 1/5 ViMediaManager seemed to pick these up OK, but this may have contributed to what I'm seeing after I hit the "Fetch Missing Metadata" button.
The "Download All Missing Images" option is a menu item under the 'Extras' button, or 'Tools' > 'Extras' menu.
Let me know what comes out of the NFO files. Wink
Boxee Box related question:

I have all my movies marked as watched and not watched in vimediamanager but Boxee doesn't seem to recognize the distinction. Is there a setting that needs to be checked?

I am using the latest nightly cocoa build and have Boxee checked in the settings.

Thanks!
(2013-01-07, 20:22)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]The "Download All Missing Images" option is a menu item under the 'Extras' button, or 'Tools' > 'Extras' menu.
Let me know what comes out of the NFO files. Wink
I've got the "Download All Missing Images" option running now. Looks good so far. I'm about 450 or so movies in and no errors or anything yet.

My NFO files do all seem to use the Playcount attribute. On the movies where ViMediaManager regenerated the NFO and the movie showed as unwatched, yesterday I selected "Mark as Watched" from the right click menu manually. For those movies, Both the playcount and watched fields are set.

I also went ahead and donated 10€ for your efforts. I've only asked for a few things, but you've added all of them (separate file/folder naming schemes, audio codec naming variable, and a few others). This is already a great tool that keeps getting better. Thanks again!
@elmuerte: If Boxee works anything like XBMC in this regard, you would have to set the 'importwatchedstate' flag to true in an "advancedsettings.xml" file, which would be saved with the rest of Boxee's preferences in a "Userdata" folder.

@gizmotoy: Thank you very much for your donation!
I hope the watched state is now being saved between updates?