Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah! I see about the $T, but I checked my settings (Didn't realize there was a ? icon to the right that explains the conventions)

It looks like I had $T selected?

BB
Then you might check your movie titles through the metadata editor and see what ended up where.
I haven't had enough Gin yet to take on a 'metadata editor' so I changed it all to $O and it's now working Big Grin

BB
As long as it all works to your liking. Wink
.img is now available in the latest nightly:
http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager
Hi MariusTh86,

that was pretty weird with the multipart episode problem: I tried to send you the bug report, but then i recognized that i hadn't configured my mailto link to Gmail yet (had a fresh OS install a few days ago). Tried to recreate the problem, but then all of a sudden it worked without a problem. Well, i'm not complaining ;-)

I'm still having a suggestion (i think it was mentioned before): When updating metadata of a huge database (over a hundreds of movies), i would like to do it over night respectively when i'm not in front of the computer. But the process is nearly everytime stopped because TMDB is not reachable for a second or something else. While i appreciate the notion, that the user is informed about the errors, it would be great if the process would continue after a timeout (30 seconds?). Now, i have to click away every message box, which makes it difficult to let updates run over night. Would be a nice option, don't you think?

Had now finally a chance to send you a small donation. Keep up the good work and the awesome support here!
(2013-03-24, 20:41)theowiesengrund Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MariusTh86,

that was pretty weird with the multipart episode problem: I tried to send you the bug report, but then i recognized that i hadn't configured my mailto link to Gmail yet (had a fresh OS install a few days ago). Tried to recreate the problem, but then all of a sudden it worked without a problem. Well, i'm not complaining ;-)

I'm still having a suggestion (i think it was mentioned before): When updating metadata of a huge database (over a hundreds of movies), i would like to do it over night respectively when i'm not in front of the computer. But the process is nearly everytime stopped because TMDB is not reachable for a second or something else. While i appreciate the notion, that the user is informed about the errors, it would be great if the process would continue after a timeout (30 seconds?). Now, i have to click away every message box, which makes it difficult to let updates run over night. Would be a nice option, don't you think?

Had now finally a chance to send you a small donation. Keep up the good work and the awesome support here!

+1
Thank you for the donation!

I think I can come up with something here using growl or now OS X 10.8's notification center instead of process interrupting messages.

Are you using the cocoa or intel build? Because the cocoa build is actually more likely to 'timeout' when there's no activity on the computer.
I wonder if it would be possible to do a CRC or other hash check for images - I seem to occassionally (1 in 10 or 20?) get an image that downloads 1/2 way, or ViMM "touches" the file and then the actual download times out, but since the container exists using "Fetch missing images" or "update episodes" doesn't fix the error.
I don't know how to do a CRC or hash check on images that haven't been downloaded yet.
If you're not already, try the latest nightly and see if it still keeps partially downloaded files. also, the 'Intel' build is less likely to cause 'timeout' errors.
(2013-03-24, 20:41)theowiesengrund Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MariusTh86,

(2013-03-24, 23:56)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the donation!

I think I can come up with something here using growl or now OS X 10.8's notification center instead of process interrupting messages.

Are you using the cocoa or intel build? Because the cocoa build is actually more likely to 'timeout' when there's no activity on the computer.

Intel / Cocoa build for me. Timing out often. Anything you can do to just log it, but move on; will be tremendously helpful.
The keep the download going with the Cocoa build, just keep the cursor moving during the progress, oddly enough it seems to help.
(2013-03-25, 20:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: [ -> ]The keep the download going with the Cocoa build, just keep the cursor moving during the progress, oddly enough it seems to help.

Not much difference from what I can tell.
Love this program, but I'm noticing it takes my shows from:

TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r00
TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r01
TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r02
TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r03
.... etc (each episode has it's own folder)

to

TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r00
TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r01
TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r02
TVShows/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The.Walking.Dead.s01.e01-something.r03

(each season folder just has ALL the rar's dumped in there).

I'd much prefer to have the collection of rar's put into their own folder for organization. Is that possible, and I just missed it?
Nope, basically it finds the .rar file, identifies it as a possible episode file, and finds extras based on files with the same name, so all the .r0# files, and moves them altogether.
If you don't want a bunch of rar files in the season folder, i'd actually suggest simply unrarring them. Wink