Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@kaygee53

This dialog comes from the Kodi application itself.
Thanks for that..
When I want to enable ... in settings (show map above) so step back in menu's it's not held in settings and is enabled again when I go back. Tried to set it in settings.xml on true but this does not works also.
@dutchghost

Sorry to say, but i don't understand your message. Also, it sounds like it may be something not specific to this skin but maybe a generic Kodi question. Huh

If you're sure that this is an issue or question exactly specific to this skin, please try to provide some more clear details and maybe some marked screenshots.

Thanks and happy holidays!
When I go to settings > mediasettings > enable headfolder (...) > when I enable that and go back > this setting is again enabled
disabled again I mean
@dutchghost

Go to

Skin settings  >  Advanced  >  Visual options & Views  >  Automatically disable "Show parent folder items"  >  uncheck this option

...and try again after that. Smile
Thanks, that did it.
@all
Happy holidays

Please remove OSD background gradient! if you jump few times it becomess so irritating. and having gradient there is part of outdated style trend.
@domodo

Hi, thanks for the feedback.
I understand.
This topic is already on my list.

That being said, it's not a topic which can be improved by "just removing the gradient and everything is better/great".
Changing anything about the top and bottom gradients has many consequences and implications on other situations within Music OSD, LiveTV, fade-in/out animations and such which creates other visual issues/downsides which have to be considered.

I have some improvement ideas which i'm already trying out at the moment.

I'll let you know via ping as soon as there is something new to test. ^^
Now online for all Kodi generations

Code:
6.7.9 (2024-01-07)

Reworked and improved Fullscreen OSD shadow visuals

- While seeking videos, a new, more subtle and constrained shadow texture is used
- Reworked main shadow gradient texture
- The upper shadow gradient texture is only shown when OSD is opened

Other improvements

- Added fallback for Player fanart when playing music
(Using the very fitting neutral default wallpaper "Frosted Glass · Graydient")

- Minor correction regarding channel icon dimensions when playing LiveTV radio

- Minor corrections regarding header text positions within PVR EPG OSD dialog and PVR channels OSD dialog [DialogPVRGuideOSD] [DialogPVRChannelsOSD]

- PVR recording/timer indicator: If two indicator elements are shown (recording+timer active), the second/lower element has been moved down by +5px to increase visual spacing and mitigate visual collision with the "right arrow" of the TV shows recently added widget

- Minor Fullscreen OSD improvements for LiveTV recordings

Textures

- Slightly improved OSD Info button textures [OSDinfodialogNF.png] [OSDinfodialogFO.png]
- Removed now unused texture "HomeNowPlayingBack.png" (unused due to reworked Fullscreen OSD shadow visuals)
@domodo

The just released version x.7.9 contains
"Reworked and improved Fullscreen OSD shadow visuals"

Feel free to test and provide feedback.

I took your feedback as a chance to switch around some things on my To-Do list and bring the shadow/gradient changes forward in time.
Quite happy with the result.
(2024-01-01, 17:17)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]That being said, it's not a topic which can be improved by "just removing the gradient and everything is better/great".
Changing anything about the top and bottom gradients has many consequences and implications on other situations within Music OSD, LiveTV, fade-in/out animations and such which creates other visual issues/downsides which have to be considered.

I have some improvement ideas which i'm already trying out at the moment.

Thank  you for considering it.
Are you concerned about contrast/readability of text without background? There are quite a few skins that don't have background. and also many provide minimal or alternative OSD as a configuration option.
You could leave existing and add "minimal" as config option that shows only the bar when you skip. and has no backgrounds.
@domodo

No worries.

According to your message i guess you did not have the chance yet to update and try the new version(?)
It's already implemented now and you can have a look. See my later posts. ^^