Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No luck.  I pointed to the Simple Client but same issue.  The channel can be played in there. But it's not showing up under iptv recorder.  The group title is showing then empty after that.
(2018-09-12, 23:37)Foxxyfox Wrote: [ -> ]OK

Python job file made, looks reasonable 

import os, subprocess, time
import xbmc,xbmcvfs,xbmcgui
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Recording: UK: BBC ONE SD", "BBC News at Ten", sound=True)
cmd = ['/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ffmpeg', '-i', u'http://xxxxxx.xxxx.xyz:80/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/7411.ts', '-reconnect', '1', '-reconnect_at_eof', '1', '-reconnect_streamed', '1', '-reconnect_delay_max', '300', '-y', '-t', '972', '-c', 'copy', '/storage/emulated/0/backups/Other/BBC News at Ten - UK%3A BBC ONE SD - 2018-09-12 22-00.ts']
p = subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=False)
f = open(r'/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/jobs/e08e50c2-b6d0-11e8-ac55-823e8fc52cb5.py.pid', 'w+')
f.write(repr(p.pid))
f.close()
p.wait()
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Recording finished: UK: BBC ONE SD", "BBC News at Ten", sound=True)

Does it on both android box and Firestick

ffmpeg set to storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/prebuilt-binaries.ffmpeg

Kodi recordings set to network hard drive selected in settings
 That looks like the same problem that @JQZ* had a few posts back with Android write permissions.
Kodi doesn't ask for permission to write to your sdcard so it doesn't get it.
You are trying to write to /storage/emulated/0/backups
Did it work on the default special://temp ?

Test that Kodi has permissions to write to that directory in the kodi File Manager by creating or copying a file there.

You'll have to find one of the workarounds that works for you.

You can try Adopted Storage for the sdcard. That is probably what I am using on my Shield.

If you use a network hard drive I expect you have to turn on:
"pipe ffmpeg output through Kodi (for network folders)"
Set the "kodi recording folder" to something like a windows share that has write permissions.
Leave the "ffmpeg recordings folder" blank.
(2018-09-13, 02:50)nashnash Wrote: [ -> ]No luck.  I pointed to the Simple Client but same issue.  The channel can be played in there. But it's not showing up under iptv recorder.  The group title is showing then empty after that.
 You need an xmltv file that matches your m3u file.

The tvg-id="my channel id" values in the m3u need to exactly match the channel id="my channel id" in the xmltv.

You also need a name after the final comma.

Expand the Usage Examples in here to see what they should look like.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

You might find your channels in my "xmltv Meld" addon if you're lucky.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330668
Primaeval,  thx for your help.  I got further which chanels set up.  But recording is starting and stoping right a way. I think it's the issue of the right ffmpeg binary.  This is nexus player...it kind of show a combination of X86 and arm7a.  I tried the bin in the first posts but none work.  I've decided to replace this nexus player anyway.  Was having sound issue and had to reset it.

I'm thinking of picking up the Shield today.  Can you point me to the exact ffmpeg you've been using with the Shield?  Thanks.
(2018-09-13, 09:31)nashnash Wrote: [ -> ]Primaeval,  thx for your help.  I got further which chanels set up.  But recording is starting and stoping right a way. I think it's the issue of the right ffmpeg binary.  This is nexus player...it kind of show a combination of X86 and arm7a.  I tried the bin in the first posts but none work.  I've decided to replace this nexus player anyway.  Was having sound issue and had to reset it.

I'm thinking of picking up the Shield today.  Can you point me to the exact ffmpeg you've been using with the Shield?  Thanks.
You probably haven't picked the right ffmpeg.
Turn on
Settings \ Debug \ Debug ffmpeg stdout/stderr
and have a look for files like
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder\jobs\b7ac83cf-af49-11e8-b686-e0b9a545f00a.py.stderr.txt
If you get one it means ffmpeg ran and you can look in there for some clues why if failed.

I'm using armeabi-v7a from
https://github.com/WritingMinds/ffmpeg-a...naries.zip
on my Shield.
I don't know if it's the best one but it works.

If you're going to get a Shield I would probably recommend the one with the internal hard disk for recording.
I've got the one with only 16gb of memory so I do my recording to a windows share on my server.
I tried using a big external usb drive but the shield has a really hard time with the i/o. Not recommended.
I've added a small sdcard in as adoptable storage but that won't hold many recordings.
version 0.0.73
- Kodi Recording Folder must be writeable

I've changed the settings a bit to try and help with Android write permission problems.
The Kodi Recordings Folder must now be writable.
The default is now to "pipe ffmpeg through kodi" so the "ffmpeg recording folder" is hidden unless turned off.
You don't need to set the "ffmpeg recordings folder" unless your you are not piping and you know the command line path to the equivalent Kodi recordings folder.

If anyone can think of some better wording or way to present the settings that would cause less confusion, please let me know.
The current ones are:
Code:
    <setting id="recordings" label="Kodi Recordings Folder" type="folder" option="writeable" default="special://temp"/>
    <setting id="ffmpeg.pipe" label="pipe ffmpeg output through Kodi (for network folders)" type="bool" default="true"/>
    <setting id="ffmpeg.recordings" label="ffmpeg Recordings Folder (if different than Kodi path)" type="text" default="" visible="eq(-1,false)"/>
(2018-09-13, 07:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Recording: UK: BBC ONE SD", "BBC News at Ten", sound=True)
cmd = ['/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ffmpeg', '-i', u'http://xxxxxx.xxxx.xyz:80/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/7411.ts', '-reconnect', '1', '-reconnect_at_eof', '1', '-reconnect_streamed', '1', '-reconnect_delay_max', '300', '-y', '-t', '972', '-c', 'copy', '/storage/emulated/0/backups/Other/BBC News at Ten - UK%3A BBC ONE SD - 2018-09-12 22-00.ts']
f = open(r'/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/jobs/e08e50c2-b6d0-11e8-ac55-823e8fc52cb5.py.pid', 'w+')
f.write(repr(p.pid))
f.close()
p.wait()
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Recording finished: UK: BBC ONE SD", "BBC News at Ten", sound=True)

ffmpeg set to storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/prebuilt-binaries.ffmpeg

That looks like the same problem that @JQZ* had a few posts back with Android write permissions.

Test that Kodi has permissions to write to that directory in the kodi File Manager by creating or copying a file there.

You can try Adopted Storage for the sdcard. That is probably what I am using on my Shield.

Set the "kodi recording folder" to something like a windows share that has write permissions.
Thanks for your help got it going now Last Question (for now) what exactly does the Delete ffmpeg function do?

Thanks again
(2018-09-13, 10:54)Foxxyfox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-13, 07:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

f.write(repr(p.pid))
f.close()
p.wait()

Thanks for your help got it going now Last Question (for now) what exactly does the Delete ffmpeg function do?

Thanks again 
 Good.
What did you do, so I know what to tell people in the future?

"Delete ffmpeg" deletes the copy of the ffmpeg binary that is made in the Android /data/data folder.
It's there in case you overwrite the ffmpeg you pointed to with a new version.
The addon only tests if the path for the "ffmpeg exe" has changed before it will copy in a new ffmpeg binary.
This will force it.

The only reliable automatic way to do it is to copy the ffmpeg every time which would create a big delay before recording and is probably overkill.
(2018-09-13, 11:01)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-13, 10:54)Foxxyfox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-13, 07:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ] That looks like the same problem that @JQZ* had a few posts back with Android write permissions.

Thanks again  
 Good.
What did you do, so I know what to tell people in the future?

"Delete ffmpeg" deletes the copy of the ffmpeg binary that is made in the Android /data/data folder.
It's there in case you overwrite the ffmpeg you pointed to with a new version.
The addon only tests if the path for the "ffmpeg exe" has changed before it will copy in a new ffmpeg binary.
This will force it.

The only reliable automatic way to do it is to copy the ffmpeg every time which would create a big delay before recording and is probably overkill. 
Ok so I altered the output file to the storage area on the firestick /storage/emulated/0/backups

I also used Delete ffmpeg (This might be a coincidence but worth noting)

Not got any external memory to work yet but will let you know the solution id I find one.

Thanks again
(2018-09-13, 10:11)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-13, 09:31)nashnash Wrote: [ -> ] 
You probably haven't picked the right ffmpeg.
Turn on
Settings \ Debug \ Debug ffmpeg stdout/stderr
and have a look for files like
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder\jobs\b7ac83cf-af49-11e8-b686-e0b9a545f00a.py.stderr.txt
If you get one it means ffmpeg ran and you can look in there for some clues why if failed.

I'm using armeabi-v7a from
https://github.com/WritingMinds/ffmpeg-a...naries.zip
on my Shield.
I don't know if it's the best one but it works.

If you're going to get a Shield I would probably recommend the one with the internal hard disk for recording.
I've got the one with only 16gb of memory so I do my recording to a windows share on my server.
I tried using a big external usb drive but the shield has a really hard time with the i/o. Not recommended.
I've added a small sdcard in as adoptable storage but that won't hold many recordings. 
 Giving up on the Nexus player ffmpeg issues.  I got the Shield on the way and should be here tonight.  Thanks for great advice.  Was going to do the 16gb and use adoptive storage...but from your advice, I went with the internal SSD version.  Adopting storage though better than nothing will slow the drive speed due to encryption.  500 gb will be enough to record without to much worry.  And a micro sd ( i have a 400gb one) or a 2 TB portable storage will serve as further offloading storage to release space on the internal drive.  An automated synching app to move the files from internal to external should do the rest.   With the Shield  Plex server hosting, it will also make it easy to record on the Shield but watch on on other TV in the house or even over the internet at occasion.
Will report as soon as I get it set up...thx very much.
Hello Primaeval....I got my Shield.  Just tried the set up..per instructions however I'm getting and error while doing Record Once.. The following message is falshin g in the top right corner:  Add On Error, please check the logs.
Where do I find the logs?.  Sorry, I  can't find them. Thx.   I really had hoped this shoudl work.
(2018-09-15, 09:09)nashnash Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Primaeval....I got my Shield.  Just tried the set up..per instructions however I'm getting and error while doing Record Once.. The following message is falshin g in the top right corner:  Add On Error, please check the logs.
Where do I find the logs?.  Sorry, I  can't find them. Thx.   I really had hoped this shoudl work.
It works for me so we should be able to fix it.
 I expect it is a path or permission problem.

The kodi.log is probably at
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp//kodi.log

There is a Log Viewer in the Kodi addons.

You can also use some kind of android file manager with ftp access.

Personally I use the service.lan.ftp addon to view the kodi folder remotely.
You can find it on github.
Please find below the log details
https://paste.kodi.tv/tuhacuzipu
(2018-09-15, 17:55)nashnash Wrote: [ -> ]Please find below the log details
https://paste.kodi.tv/tuhacuzipu
 Can you post the contents of the job file:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/jobs/0ea091d7-b8ff-11e8-88a4-e1eec45ba4b5.py
Be careful to mask out your username and password and anything else sensitive.
Sorry can you please tell me how to get it. Somehow I am not able to locate it. In once in org. Xbmc. Kodi/files there's nothing. To get the log I used a plug in.