Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-14, 01:58)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting development for Kodi 16: Movie Sets Overviews.

Taking The Hobbit Collection as an example, when creating the NFO files for each of the three Hobbit movies I think the idea would be to store the same set <name> and <overview> tags in each NFO file.

It would be great if a future version of Ember could support the <name> and <overview> tags. I guess it should be an optional feature, in which case the existing <set> element will continue to work.

Cool! Yes this is not a problem.
(2015-09-14, 01:58)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting development for Kodi 16: Movie Sets Overviews.

Taking The Hobbit Collection as an example, when creating the NFO files for each of the three Hobbit movies I think the idea would be to store the same set <name> and <overview> tags in each NFO file.

It would be great if a future version of Ember could support the <name> and <overview> tags. I guess it should be an optional feature, in which case the existing <set> element will continue to work.

Looks aweseome Nod
The set overview/plot is already in Ember DB, but not written in any nfo, so "someone" already was predared for this
(2015-09-14, 18:56)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]The set overview/plot is already in Ember DB, but not written in any nfo, so "someone" already was predared for this

It's written into a <settitle>.nfo if you have added a file name in expert settings. But this NFO will not be used by Kodi or another media center.
Ahhh, didn't know that
Maybe it can be used in Jarvis or K....
I have been a long-term EMM user, but - after trying some other things - have only recently returned. Have a few questions, which I would like to get your thoughts:

1) New movie poster and fanart convention is "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" (http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork). EMM default now is different, so was wondering why and whether this will be changed?

2) Any future music support planned? Not as a full tagger, but "just" to download artist art.

3) Can I change the language for individual movies that it scrapes the NFO in a different language for some movies? 90% of my movies are English, but I would like to (manually) set the language of the movie to German / French for some other movies. Would this be supported? That was actually one of the main reasons for me to turn to other solutions a few years ago

4) If I were to rescrape all NFO files, would EMM read the IMDB/TMDB IDs from the "old" NFO file, so there will be no matching required? Assume this may become relevant if the new collection way is adopted?

5) If downloading collection art in a dedicated folder, will Kodi be able to read this folder or is this "just" for EMM display. How does Kodi knows about existence of this folder and any complications if my movie collection is on a NAS (i.e., how to name the folder on a network drive)?

6) Any chance to sync movie library with trakt (not only the watch-states, but the collection)?

7) Any way to trigger a library clean / update from EMM? I remember this used to work, but cannot find the feature anymore.

Thanks again for the continued development!!!
(2015-09-16, 01:09)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been a long-term EMM user, but - after trying some other things - have only recently returned. Have a few questions, which I would like to get your thoughts:

1) New movie poster and fanart convention is "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" (http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork). EMM default now is different, so was wondering why and whether this will be changed?

2) Any future music support planned? Not as a full tagger, but "just" to download artist art.

3) Can I change the language for individual movies that it scrapes the NFO in a different language for some movies? 90% of my movies are English, but I would like to (manually) set the language of the movie to German / French for some other movies. Would this be supported? That was actually one of the main reasons for me to turn to other solutions a few years ago

4) If I were to rescrape all NFO files, would EMM read the IMDB/TMDB IDs from the "old" NFO file, so there will be no matching required? Assume this may become relevant if the new collection way is adopted?

5) If downloading collection art in a dedicated folder, will Kodi be able to read this folder or is this "just" for EMM display. How does Kodi knows about existence of this folder and any complications if my movie collection is on a NAS (i.e., how to name the folder on a network drive)?

6) Any chance to sync movie library with trakt (not only the watch-states, but the collection)?

7) Any way to trigger a library clean / update from EMM? I remember this used to work, but cannot find the feature anymore.

Thanks again for the continued development!!!

1) Nope, not really. Thats what the Wiki says, but Kodi use always <filename>-imagetype.ext for export and that's what also Ember use.

2) Yes, but later.

3) That will be available in next release.

4) Ember does always use IMDB/TMDB IDs on rescrape. Only "Change Movie" does change/remove the IDs and show you the "Search Reuslt" dialog to select a new movie.

5) ATM you need MSAA (MovieSet Artwork Automator) in Kodi to read the saved images for MovieSets. Click on the MSAA icon in Ember Settings to goto the MSAA website. I next beta release it will be possible to sync the images directly with Kodi without MSAA or AD.

6) Not yet, but i think there is already a feature request for that.

7) I don't know what you exacly mean...
Brilliant, thanks for your quick reply. This is great.

You refer to next release for (3) and (5). Is this literally the next one or a new 1.4 stable or 1.5 beta? Particularly (3) is very interesting and I am looking forward to scrape my German movies in German language.

There used to be a plugin (in the early EMM days) that allowed me to sync EMM directly with the Kodi library. I forgot how it work, but it may be similar to ME that sends a trigger to Kodi (over web server?) to update the Kodi library (or remove the library and then populate it from scratch.

Exciting to see Music in consideration for the future.
(2015-09-16, 14:21)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant, thanks for your quick reply. This is great.

You refer to next release for (3) and (5). Is this literally the next one or a new 1.4 stable or 1.5 beta? Particularly (3) is very interesting and I am looking forward to scrape my German movies in German language.

There used to be a plugin (in the early EMM days) that allowed me to sync EMM directly with the Kodi library. I forgot how it work, but it may be similar to ME that sends a trigger to Kodi (over web server?) to update the Kodi library (or remove the library and then populate it from scratch.

Exciting to see Music in consideration for the future.
Next beta release 1.4.8.0.

Yes, Cocotus has wrote a new module that call Kodi Interface. Now we can push and pull information from and to Kodi(s) via JSON. It will be also available in next release.
Yep the Kodi Interface will be in next release, Im currently looking for a way to make sure that when user hits (new) "Scan Library/Clean Library" button in Ember the process in Kodi doesn't get interrupted with other Kodi Sync actions triggered in Ember , but its more optimizing stuff - the basic works Smile

Some older screenies I posted a while ago to get an idea of how it is setup in Ember:

(2015-07-02, 22:15)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-01, 23:11)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-25, 23:51)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]AD is crappy ;-) But we are working on a Kodi JSON interface addon to add all this extra arts directly to Kodi without AD or MSAA (for MovieSets).

Dan this would be FANTASTIC! I'm not happy with AD - it's very slow, and is a bit difficult to get the settings right. Plus the mod owner doesn't seem to like answering questions or receiving feedback about how to make things work more simply.

Is this a change coming soon or something that's farther out?
Im working on it right now Cool

Some screenies from new KodiInterface module in Ember:

Right now it looks I will finish direct syncing of Ember movies/episodes to Kodi from context menu this weekend I think. I will probaby add some general functionality like "Updating Kodi Library", "Clean Library" in main menu bar too for a first release

Real time syncing support (meaning keeping Kodi and Ember library up to date and synced in backgroud all the time automatically) will still probably take some time though, but for a first step the above should be sufficient. Stay tuned! Laugh
Great stuff, thanks to see the Kodi sync coming.

Another question: I have a few movies that are not part of IMDB, but only in TMDB. I scrape from both IMDB and TMDB, but scrape-order is IMDB->TMDB. Unfortunately, I cannot "identify" the TMDB-only movies. Is this a "bug" or am I missing something?
(2015-09-18, 01:52)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff, thanks to see the Kodi sync coming.

Another question: I have a few movies that are not part of IMDB, but only in TMDB. I scrape from both IMDB and TMDB, but scrape-order is IMDB->TMDB. Unfortunately, I cannot "identify" the TMDB-only movies. Is this a "bug" or am I missing something?
Atm, the only way to scrape TMDB-only movies is disable IMDB scraper. In near future we rewrite the search process to get results from all scrapers in one common dialog.
This is a question to the English-speaking users. Who often here in the forum is the certainly already noticed that my English is not the best ;-)

For the next neta 1.4.8.0 we have added the ability to set a language for a movie (same like already existing for tv shows). We have removed all that "Preferred Language" options and now the scrapers use the media language to get data and images. We still have 3 options to set "Only Get Images for the Media Language", "Also Get English Images" and "Also Get Blank Images".

Now my questions is: How the text should be called correctly?
- Only Get Images for the Media Language
- Only Get Images in Media Language
- Only Get Images Like Media Language

or something completely different?

And another thing that sounds strange for me:
- Fallback on English or
- Fallback to English
- Only Get Images for the Media Language

and

- Fallback to English

would be my choice of wording, although personally I wouldn't want images with any text on them (whatever the language).
(2015-09-18, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-18, 01:52)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff, thanks to see the Kodi sync coming.

Atm, the only way to scrape TMDB-only movies is disable IMDB scraper. In near future we rewrite the search process to get results from all scrapers in one common dialog.

Sounds great. This also means that currently EMM does not scrape movie set / collection ID when selected IMDB (as only TMDB has a collection ID)?