Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe an addition scraper or a filter. I thinking...
(2015-04-19, 16:18)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-19, 06:15)Thales Wrote: [ -> ]...
Thanks m.savazzi, but I don't think I explained the set up very well. I've got a folder of random video files from a variety of different sources. These video files are not part of a series and are not on TVdb. Think of it as a folder full of home movies or maybe hundreds of random DVD extras all in a folder . I would like add them to Kodi in Library view in order to have it keep track of watched status.

I know to do that it has to be in the show/episode format. So I created a "show" folder and then added the "s01exx" to the beginning of each video. Ember of course recognized it just fine. But Ember just filled in each episode with the generic title of "show s01exx". (Or something like that. I dont' have it in front of me.) There are just too many videos for me to open up each episode and type in the name of the file. Plus, I couldn't figure out how to tell Ember to actually make all those nfo files since the show was never successfully scraped.

So, I was looking for a way to grab the file name of the video and automatically create a very simple nfo file with it.. In other words, scrape the video file names for title and episode information instead of an online scraper.

Hope that makes more sense. I can show some screenshots to really explain it if there is any interest. I've seen a few threads where people were trying to do the same with random video files, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to do it. Just wanted to mention the source code was available in case there was enough interest of others looking to do the same thing.

Hmm I have this problem too, with some of my movies that don't have an IMDBID (homemade/holiday movies). In the past I had to filter those movies/exclude them before running an Scrape/Refresh all on my library because Ember tried to look for an IMDB entry which doesn't exist. I thought of adding an option/checkbox like "Homemade/Custom/NoScrape" when adding a movie/show source to Ember so Ember won't care about scraping that shows. Then a rule for creating default/empty nfo template for movies/episodes like you specified could be done for those sources instead. But maybe Dan can think of another way to handle those special cases Smile

I have a similar issue. The best solution (I've found so far) is to handle each movie as a separate movie and create it's NFO file OR to create a series.
For example:
Christmas (2011) / Christmas (2011)

Or
Summer Vacation (2013) /
Season 01 /
Summer Vacation (2013) S01E01 - Day 1
Summer Vacation (2013) S01E02 - Day 2

etc...

Nor Ember nor Kodi are good in Handling folders with a bounch of random content
Is there any way to scrape movies for missing information only? When a scrape on a movie is done, it re-downloads everything. I thought the check boxes in the settings for "Overwrite Existing" would be a setting for this. However when they are check marked, it ghosts the items and makes them unavailable for download.

For instance, if I Un-Check Overwrite existing for Clearart in the settings, it now will not download the clear art on an automatic scrape, and also ghosts out the options for the pull-down to download the clearart as well. It appears that all of the check boxes are mislabeled, and they should be labeled "Do Not Download"

I can not be the only trying to do this. This has got to generate TONS of traffic to the providers.

If I want to update my movies, and fill in missing clearart and images that have been added since I originally scraped the movies, it will download EVERYTHING all over again.

There is an option in the pulldown for:
Scrape Movies -> Movies Missing Items -> Automatic (Best Match) -> But you have to do this fora each and every item individually.

What is needed is:
Scrape Movies -> Movies Missing Items -> Automatic (Best Match) -> Missing Items Only

Unless I am missing something, this really is something that is needed. A way to just "fill in the gaps" so to speak for missing information, and not download every single image and trailer all over again.

It is a pretty simple bit of code to add to Ember. Something <If Exists %MoviePath%clearart.png then continue>
(2015-04-19, 06:15)Thales Wrote: [ -> ]I would like add them to Kodi in Library view in order to have it keep track of watched status.

Is there a special reason why you want the videos to be added to the library view in Kodi?

Because Kodi tracks the watched status for video files even if the files are not part of the library.
If you add a folder as video source and just don't choose a content type ("Movie", "TV", "Musicvideo").
Then this folder will be reachable by using the "Videos" item in the main menu and Kodi will track its watched state in the same way as for files that are part of the library. Only difference is that Kodi does not try to scrape any additional information, the file ist just shown with its filename and a generated thumbnail.
Any thoughts on my earlier post about Sets not working
(2015-04-21, 08:24)richarddscott76 Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts on my earlier post about Sets not working

Yes, i've found a bug while saving NFO in YAMJ mode. It's fixed for next release.
But this has nothing to do with the problem with reading your files.

But your NFO has an invalid node:
Code:
<credits>
    <writer>Robert ZemeckisBob Gale</writer>
</credits>

Ember and XBMC/Kodi use the <credits> node in another way:
Code:
<credits>Writer Name1</credits>
<credits>Writer Name2</credits>

XML deserializing stops at this point in your NFO, and the movieset part comes after the <credits> node.

I'm not sure if we can solve the problem with your <credits> node. But it's on the to-do list.
(2015-04-21, 09:04)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-21, 08:24)richarddscott76 Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts on my earlier post about Sets not working

Yes, i've found a bug while saving NFO in YAMJ mode. It's fixed for next release.
But this has nothing to do with the problem with reading your files.

But your NFO has an invalid node:
Code:
<credits>
    <writer>Robert ZemeckisBob Gale</writer>
</credits>

Ember and XBMC/Kodi use the <credits> node in another way:
Code:
<credits>Writer Name1</credits>
<credits>Writer Name2</credits>

XML deserializing stops at this point in your NFO, and the movieset part comes after the <credits> node.

I'm not sure if we can solve the problem with your <credits> node. But it's on the to-do list.

Thanks!, I'll see if I can correct the credits section and see if that helps.
As per usual you're spot on Dan!! I have updated the credits section in a couple of the sets and they are now recognised, now to see if I can script this somehow to correct the rest of them without having to do all 3000 odd movies manually. Thanks again!!
(2015-04-21, 09:30)richarddscott76 Wrote: [ -> ]As per usual you're spot on Dan!! I have updated the credits section in a couple of the sets and they are now recognised, now to see if I can script this somehow to correct the rest of them without having to do all 3000 odd movies manually. Thanks again!!

Try PSPad. There's an option where you can find and replace text in all files in a directory.
(2015-04-21, 22:03)user3000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-21, 09:30)richarddscott76 Wrote: [ -> ]As per usual you're spot on Dan!! I have updated the credits section in a couple of the sets and they are now recognised, now to see if I can script this somehow to correct the rest of them without having to do all 3000 odd movies manually. Thanks again!!

Try PSPad. There's an option where you can find and replace text in all files in a directory.

... or TextCrawler.
I would also like to request for a custom scraper that looks at custom video file in the format "Folder Name S01EXX Video Title" and generate a basic nfo file with video title in the title tag.
(2015-04-09, 18:10)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-09, 17:07)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure this is stated somewhere, however, I have been unable to find it. Is EMM 1.4.3.1 using V2 or V3 of the fanart.tv API. I have having some problems retrieving images for some movies and don't know how to try and resolve the issue.

For example: For the movies 'My Cousin Vinny' I have been unable to retrieve the banner while I can retrieve the banner for 'You've Got Mail'. Both have been approved over a day ago.

I am using my personal API key.

Thanks

v3

Seems that I am having a problem using my personal API key. When I have EMM use my key, no artwork is found. When I use EMM's embedding key the artwork is returned. Is there a trace I can turn on to help determine if the issue is with EMM or with fanart.tv? This problem only started within the last week or so.

Any suggestions on next steps or how to resolve this issue?

Thanks
(2015-04-19, 16:28)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar issue. The best solution (I've found so far) is to handle each movie as a separate movie and create it's NFO file OR to create a series.
For example:

Or
Summer Vacation (2013) /
Season 01 /

etc...

Yeah, there just doesn't seem to be an elegant way yet in Kodi to handle a folder of random videos. I don't really like having to assign season and episode numbers to all the videos, but that seems to be best way to do it right now.

I think I've found a pretty easy way though to automate the process for a large list of videos. This worked well in my first test folder and is pretty quick since it is all automated.

Use a bulk renamer to automatically add season and sequential episode number to file names.

Use TinyMediaManager (just for this step Smile) to automatically create the basic nfo files. It will create them with the name of the file as the "title" as well as fill out the season and episode fields.

Then use Text Crawler to remove the redundant season and episode numbers in the "title" field of the nfo fies. Text Crawler has the ability to search and replace in multiple files at once with regexp, so it is all automatic. So I would search for "(s[0-9][0-9]e[0-9][0-9][0-9] )" and replace with nothing to leave just the title.

Then Ember should be able to read the folder of videos just fine with all the nfo already present.

So, using m.savazzi's examples:

The original files
Summer Vacation (2013) - Day 1
Summer Vacation (2013) - Day 2

are renamed automatically with bulk renamer to

TinyMediaManger then creates nfo files for entire folder automatically like this

<episodedetails>
<title>Summer Vacation (2013) S01E01 - Day 1</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>

and then Text Crawler does search and replace on whole folder of nfo files at once to get the final nfo with proper "title" field

<episodedetails>
<title>Summer Vacation (2013) - Day 1</title>
(2015-04-24, 08:27)Thales Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-19, 16:28)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar issue. The best solution (I've found so far) is to handle each movie as a separate movie and create it's NFO file OR to create a series.
For example:

Or
Summer Vacation (2013) /
Season 01 /

etc...

Yeah, there just doesn't seem to be an elegant way yet in Kodi to handle a folder of random videos. I don't really like having to assign season and episode numbers to all the videos, but that seems to be best way to do it right now.

I think I've found a pretty easy way though to automate the process for a large list of videos. This worked well in my first test folder and is pretty quick since it is all automated.

Use a bulk renamer to automatically add season and sequential episode number to file names.

Use TinyMediaManager (just for this step Smile) to automatically create the basic nfo files. It will create them with the name of the file as the "title" as well as fill out the season and episode fields.

Then use Text Crawler to remove the redundant season and episode numbers in the "title" field of the nfo fies. Text Crawler has the ability to search and replace in multiple files at once with regexp, so it is all automatic. So I would search for "(s[0-9][0-9]e[0-9][0-9][0-9] )" and replace with nothing to leave just the title.

Then Ember should be able to read the folder of videos just fine with all the nfo already present.

So, using m.savazzi's examples:

The original files
Summer Vacation (2013) - Day 1
Summer Vacation (2013) - Day 2

are renamed automatically with bulk renamer to

TinyMediaManger then creates nfo files for entire folder automatically like this

<episodedetails>
<title>Summer Vacation (2013) S01E01 - Day 1</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>

and then Text Crawler does search and replace on whole folder of nfo files at once to get the final nfo with proper "title" field

<episodedetails>
<title>Summer Vacation (2013) - Day 1</title>

I've another idea how you can easy add home made movies as "shows" without edit NFO with multiple programs:
Ember has a special setting for tv shows sources that contains home made movies or daily running episodes that are not scrapable: Default Episode Ordering: Day Of Year
With this setting, Ember convert a date like 2014-05-30 to Season 2014, Episode 150 (the 30. may is the 150. day of the year 2014), if the episode filename contains a date. This is usefull to get a correct order by date.

You can create a new folder structure like this:
Code:
d:\Family Movies

d:\Family Movies\Summer Vacations
d:\Family Movies\Summer Vacations\2013-06-01 - Day 1 - Departure from Zürich.avi
d:\Family Movies\Summer Vacations\2013-06-02 - Day 2 - Visit the Eiffel Tower.avi
d:\Family Movies\Summer Vacations\2014-07-02 - Day 1 - Say good by to parents.avi
d:\Family Movies\Summer Vacations\2014-07-02 - Day 2 - BBQ on the lake.avi

d:\Family Movies\Celebrations
d:\Family Movies\Celebrations\2013-08-17 - Peters 14. birthday party.avi
d:\Family Movies\Celebrations\2014-08-17 - Peters 15. birthday party.avi
d:\Family Movies\Celebrations\2014-12-31 - Christmas.avi

Now go to Settings -> TV Shows -> General -> Epsiode Folder/File Name Filters, disable the option Build Episode Title Instead of Filtering to enable filename filtering instead of creating title like "<showname> SxxExx".

If you want clean up filenames like "2013-08-17 - Peters 14. birthday party", you have to add a modified regex filter:
Code:
[0-9]{4}[.-][0-9]{2}[.-][0-9]{2}\s-\s
Move this new filter to the top of the filter list.
This regex will remove the date and the following " - " from filename to get a clean title.

If you have done this, you can add your new tv show source with this settings:
Code:
Source Path: d:\Family Movies
Default Language: irrelevant
Default Episode Ordering: Day Of Year
Show Episodes by: irrelevant, but I think "Aired" looks nicer

After confirm the settings, Ember scan your sources, add your family movies as new tv show and create a proper title, season and episode number for each "movie".

Atm, Ember does not automatically create NFOs without scraping or if you not edit and save each "show" / "episode". That means you have to eit each show and confirm the "Edit Show" dialog to create the NFOs, same with each episode.
I will add an additional option to the tv show source settings to enable/disable automatically creating of NFO without scraping, based on filtered title and calculated season/episode number.

Note: This is only one way you can handle your home made movies. There are many other ways how you can group your home made movies.
apologies for probably a two part dumb question but my searching was failing miserably...

1. Does TV Shows support Expert file naming yet (my copy on 1.4.4.0 is showing blank) and if so can it also put the file in the Season folder instead of at the root (something Plex prefers)
2. If not is there a way to get it into the season folder anyways that I am just missing?