Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
steve1977 Wrote:1) How does CP marks a download as complete on its own. So far, it is actually up to me to do that...
CP looks in the folder "Download Folder" and checks if new files are there - if that is the case, CP will move them accordingly, if the Renaming-Option is enabled.

steve1977 Wrote:2) How does CP "know" where my downloaded movie "sits" after sabnzbd downloads it
Settings -> General -> Download Folder. The Folder you specify there, is the folder in which the downloads of SABnzbd resides after they are finished.

steve1977 Wrote:3) Where does CP downloads the movie from and is it IMDB code matched or using the folder or file name?
Actually: It's both. If you have a nfo-file coming with the download, CP will check inside the nfo for a relevant IMDB-Link and matches the movie accordingly. If there is no nfo, CP will use the folder-name and/or the file-name.

steve1977 Wrote:4) Is it really possible to download trailers through CP, which were not pushed by CP to download?
What do you mean? Do you want your CP to download trailers for your whole movie-database? That is not possible, CP only checks for Trailers for the "Wanted"-List after a release is downloaded.

Chura Wrote:Not sure whats wrong, but suddenly CP stopped working for me
no matter what port i choose i get "port XXXX not free on 0.0.0.0"
tried to change IP also, same.

however, running the latest source with works well.
Any idea ?
This was discussed a few pages earlier - at this point it is not really clear why this error pops up, and only for windows that is. You could file a bug-report on CPs-Homepage, but I think it has actually to do with cherrypy - I suppose it is a bug on their end.

Edit:
I looked a little bit for the port-error you receive and it seems to be connected to AntiVirus-Software and/or Firewall-Blockings.
Check this:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se....google.de

It is mentioned that AVG can cause misbehaviour. I would suggest to use "Microsoft Security Essentials" which is by far the best antivirus solution around, if you want to use any.

Try disabling firewalls and Antivurs-Software. Be also aware that the IP you choose for CP has to be the same of the machine it is running on.

The error-message you receive does not actually indicates that the port is in use, but that Cherrypy is unable to listen to it, for whatever reason. This also could be the case if you do not run CP with administrator-rights (actually - I dn't really know about that one, just a guess).
I seem to be having a problem opening the CouchPotato webbrowser at http://localhost:5000

I had it running on my server. A windows 7 32 bit box. Everything was working fine unitl I tried to add a movie this morning. I couldn't open the browser to edit my entires, This is the error I now have:
Error 500 Internal Server Error
Something unexpected has happened.

I was getting this with my old install and am getting the same with an install that I downloaded today. I also have Sickbeard and SABnzbd installed on the same PC and can access their local webpage for editing.

Here is the log file:

15:58:16 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
15:58:16 INFO [ ENGINE] Listening for SIGTERM.
15:58:16 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus STARTING
15:58:16 ERROR [ ENGINE] Set handler for console events.
15:58:16 INFO [ ENGINE] Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron] Starting Cronjobs.
15:58:18 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Using NZBMatrix provider
15:58:18 INFO [rovider.yarr.sources.nzbs] Using NZBs.org provider
15:58:18 INFO [ider.yarr.sources.newznab] Using Newznab provider
15:58:18 INFO [provider.yarr.sources.tpb] Using TPB.org provider
15:58:18 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Using TheMovieDb provider.
15:58:18 INFO [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] Using IMDB provider.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] TrailerCron thread is running.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron.subtitle] SubtitleCron thread is running.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron.eta] MovieETA thread is running.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer thread is running.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Watched folder doesn't exist.
15:58:18 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron thread is running.
15:58:19 INFO [ ENGINE] Serving on 0.0.0.0:5000
15:58:19 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus STARTED
15:58:22 INFO [04/Apr/2011:15:58:22] HTTP
Request Headers:
COOKIE: showDetails=false; jqCookieJar_tablesorter=%7B%22showListTable%22%3A%5B%5B1%2C0%5D%5D%7D; smplrefresh=5; showDetails=false; session_id=f14941e7e600f88ed79cf188cac5ab28bf8100ba; speedlog2=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
HOST: localhost:5000
KEEP-ALIVE: 115
CONNECTION: keep-alive
Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1
ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
ACCEPT-CHARSET: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip,deflate
15:58:22 ERROR [04/Apr/2011:15:58:22] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-ce5b537\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:/Program Files/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-ce5b537\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962\app\config\render.py", line 14, in __call__
return self.template.render_unicode(**env)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\template.py", line 198, in render_unicode
as_unicode=True)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\runtime.py", line 403, in _render
_render_context(template, callable_, context, *args, **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\runtime.py", line 434, in _render_context
_exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\runtime.py", line 457, in _exec_template
callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
File "_base_html", line 72, in render_body
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962\app\config\updater.py", line 118, in checkForUpdate
self.updateVersion = update.get('name').replace('RuudBurger-CouchPotato-', '').replace('.tar.gz', '')
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'update' referenced before assignment

15:58:29 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] Searching for new downloads, for all movies.
15:58:29 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] Finished search.
15:59:24 INFO [04/Apr/2011:15:59:24] HTTP
Request Headers:
COOKIE: showDetails=false; jqCookieJar_tablesorter=%7B%22showListTable%22%3A%5B%5B1%2C0%5D%5D%7D; smplrefresh=5; showDetails=false; session_id=10e8b31ce89d168cf5dd2b22e7bf7a4e595eff9a; speedlog2=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
HOST: localhost:5000
KEEP-ALIVE: 115
CONNECTION: keep-alive
Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1
ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
ACCEPT-CHARSET: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip,deflate
15:59:24 ERROR [04/Apr/2011:15:59:24] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-ce5b537\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:/Program Files/RuudBurger-CouchPotato-ce5b537\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962\app\config\render.py", line 14, in __call__
return self.template.render_unicode(**env)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\template.py", line 198, in render_unicode
as_unicode=True)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\runtime.py", line 403, in _render
_render_context(template, callable_, context, *args, **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\runtime.py", line 434, in _render_context
_exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962/library\mako\runtime.py", line 457, in _exec_template
callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
File "_base_html", line 72, in render_body
File "C:/Users/SERVER/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI37962\app\config\updater.py", line 118, in checkForUpdate
self.updateVersion = update.get('name').replace('RuudBurger-CouchPotato-', '').replace('.tar.gz', '')
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'update' referenced before assignment

Any help with this is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
Thanks for your help! Some more questions below:

HenryFord Wrote:CP looks in the folder "Download Folder" and checks if new files are there - if that is the case, CP will move them accordingly, if the Renaming-Option is enabled.

So, trailer-download only works if renaming-option is enabled?

HenryFord Wrote:Actually: It's both. If you have a nfo-file coming with the download, CP will check inside the nfo for a relevant IMDB-Link and matches the movie accordingly. If there is no nfo, CP will use the folder-name and/or the file-name.

With that information, where does it download the trailer from? Youtube? HD-Trailer? Does it use the links provided by IMDB or search those directly?

In other words, youtube and imdb are both blocked in China (where I live). HD-Trailer download works. Will this still work for me?

Thanks again for your help!
mwkurt Wrote:(...)
Download the latest version, you are describing an error in r29 which got fixed in r30.

steve1977 Wrote:So, trailer-download only works if renaming-option is enabled?
Yah - I do think so.

Quote:With that information, where does it download the trailer from? Youtube? HD-Trailer? Does it use the links provided by IMDB or search those directly?
Apple Movies Trailer (trailers.apple.com). I am not sure how exactly the trailer-download is handled.
HenryFord Wrote:Download the latest version, you are describing an error in r29 which got fixed in r30.

Henry,
Thanks for replying but I am using R30. As I said in my help request, I am using the one that I downloaded yesterday.

Thanks,
Mark
That is strange... try redownloading it.

Otherwise you could try moving all userdata of CP (everything except the "exe"-file) and start CP again. Shut it down afterwards and replace the db- and ini-files with the ones you moved before.

In any case: If you do not get any further and the error still pops up, it would be best if you fill a bug-report in the tracker.
steve1977 Wrote:I am having the same issue. It does work though once restarting CP. Upon restart, it scans all movies in the queue. Also, it scans when adding a new movies. Just the regular "weekly scan" doesn't work for me anymore.

Unfortunately, CP now stops working for me completely (more precisely: searching movies from the queue stopped working, everything else ok). Is it working you for anyone else? I have a few ideas on the why, would love to hear your thoughts:

1) I have around 200 movies in the queue; too many?

2) I am getting a few error messages upon start-up on movies, which are only in IMDB ("ERROR [lib.provider.movie.search] Search failed for "The Almost Guys", no TheMovieDB id"). These movies are part of my queue. Are they blocking the search from others?

3) [ app.config.updater] None Huh

4) ERROR [ app.config.updater] Failed to open http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/downloads Huh

5) ERROR [ ENGINE] Set handler for console events

Thnaks a lot for your help!!!
You should ask on the issue-tracker, you'll get more (or more like "better") support there.
I was wondering what solutions people have for having couchpotato process torrents after they are downloaded.

Couchpotato lets you set the folder to save the torrent file and the download location for NZB but it does not let you set up where the torrent downloads to.

How have people got this working?
HenryFord Wrote:That is strange... try redownloading it.

Otherwise you could try moving all userdata of CP (everything except the "exe"-file) and start CP again. Shut it down afterwards and replace the db- and ini-files with the ones you moved before.

In any case: If you do not get any further and the error still pops up, it would be best if you fill a bug-report in the tracker.

Henryford,

Thank you for your help with this problem. Redownloading and installing 30 again fixed my problem.

Thanks again,
Mark
HenryFord Wrote:This was discussed a few pages earlier - at this point it is not really clear why this error pops up, and only for windows that is. You could file a bug-report on CPs-Homepage, but I think it has actually to do with cherrypy - I suppose it is a bug on their end.

Edit:
I looked a little bit for the port-error you receive and it seems to be connected to AntiVirus-Software and/or Firewall-Blockings.
Check this:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se....google.de

It is mentioned that AVG can cause misbehaviour. I would suggest to use "Microsoft Security Essentials" which is by far the best antivirus solution around, if you want to use any.

Try disabling firewalls and Antivurs-Software. Be also aware that the IP you choose for CP has to be the same of the machine it is running on.

The error-message you receive does not actually indicates that the port is in use, but that Cherrypy is unable to listen to it, for whatever reason. This also could be the case if you do not run CP with administrator-rights (actually - I dn't really know about that one, just a guess).

Thanks for your comments.
I tried disabling the ESET already, no help.

Now, i can run it directly from source, but how can i import the db i have ?
i have data.db file, and when i put it on source code folder it still keep a empty list.
OK I'm pretty sure I already asked the CouchPotato users about this problem I have, but for some reasons I never got a reply...

I have these movies I had downloaded way before I started to use CP and I'd like to get them processed in my collection like the new movies I download with CP. TO do so, I moved them in my SABnzbd+ completed/movies folder and CP moves them in my collection and process them (download the poster, nfo file, etc). It normally works perfectly.

The problem is for some movies, CP mis-interpret them and rename them to something totally different thinking its a different movie. Then CP downloads the wrong posters, nfo files, trailers, etc....

For example, the movie The Shawshank Redemption gets renamed "Shaolin vs Evil dead" !?!?!

Thats weird. It happens with the Schindler's List, 2012, Pearl Harbor, etc...

Anybody has a clue what to do to force CP to treat content as a certain movie?
Seriously, WTF.
Every single movie I have tested the renamer functionality on comes out as "Movies, Aspirin and Vultures". I have tried like 10 movies. Apparently you simply cannot use the renamer functionality unless its on movies that CP has actually been used to download?
SleepyP Wrote:Seriously, WTF.
Every single movie I have tested the renamer functionality on comes out as "Movies, Aspirin and Vultures". I have tried like 10 movies. Apparently you simply cannot use the renamer functionality unless its on movies that CP has actually been used to download?
The best way would be to put a nfo-file inside your movie-directories with a proper IMDB-Link, CP will check for those and match accordingly.

@Chura: I am not really sure were the db is stored in the source-version...
"Movies, Aspirins& Vultures" hahaha I've seen this a few times!

I'll try the Nfo files and see what happens!

Thanks a lot!