Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tried it with the firewall off and still no go...tried running it again and then going to localhost:5000/ but i get this:

http://pastebin.ca/1904052

that help at all? would love to try this but I am completely stumped.
I have a movie giving me problems...

I cannot add this movie via the GUI :

The Joneses - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285309/

It only worked via the Userscript...

Using the Windows Binaries r13.
@Only One Haze
From where do you run it? Did you extract the .exe? You cache directory is in a weird place Tongue

@Pr.Sinister
That movie is not on themoviedb, and because it has enough results, it won't search on IMDB.
RuudBurger Wrote:@Only One Haze
From where do you run it? Did you extract the .exe? You cache directory is in a weird place Tongue

I created a Couch Potato folder in C:/Program Files
Should I try just putting that in C:/ ?
Looking at Only One Haze's log, shouldn't all those forward slashes actually be backslashes? Incorrectly defined in settings perhaps?

If this makes no sense whatsoever, i apologise, i'm fairly new to python.
Hey RuudBurger

Love the app, using it in conjunction with other apps with my media center and life couldn't be easier, so thanks a bunch first off!

Second, i have a question regarding the renamer utility. My media for movies is not broken into any folder structure, rather, the movie collection is all in ONE directory. (i.e. - all movie files are stored in /media/Movies ) Below are my settings for clarification:

Download Folder: /home/mediabox/downloads/complete/Movies
Movie Destination: /media/Movies
Folder Naming: (i removed the default and left this blank as i want all movies just moved to /media/Movies)

If i leave my settings like this, the renamer thread starts but never reports anything, the moment i change my settings to Folder Naming to be something like <thename> it starts working and moves them into my /media/Movies/(Whatever the name of the movie is)/

I can't figure out how to tell the Folder Naming to just turn off, and move them into the Movie Destination, is there currently a way to do this and i'm just missing the feature somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
No folder name, isn't supported yet. So you are not missing something Wink
I know IMDB is the main one we can add films from (by clicking the add-on) would it be possible to add maybe a dvd site to it?

As the dvd site of imdb is rubbish
I'm recoding the userscript at this moment to make it easier for other sites to be added. So if you have a good source, please let me know.
RuudBurger Wrote:I'm recoding the userscript at this moment to make it easier for other sites to be added. So if you have a good source, please let me know.

The 2 I'd like to add are Apple Trailers & Wiki.
I do check this one out at times

http://www.moviefone.com/dvd
Could you add those to GitHub? so people can comment other site in the same request?
OMG YES I Can't wait to get my machine up and running so I can play with this.

-=Jason=-
Added
can you help me to get this running. I have python 2.6 installed as i get this output
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2010-02-04 17:03 /usr/bin/python -> python2.6

I have downloaded the files (RuudBurger-CouchPotato-193ccef) in "documents" however when I try to run the program it gives me the below.

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$ python CouchPotato.py -d
python: can't open file 'CouchPotato.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
so I cant get the program to start

I have done everything else for the script and get the final out as its starting but nothing happens, see below

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start
Starting CouchPotato

so what am I doing wrong?? how can I get the app to start so that i can configure it. Also if I try to double click the file CouchPotato.py it opens it with gedit. I tried to change the open with.... to python however it does not do anything. any help.