Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, but also r5 cam or telecine. Wink
does this work with megaupload
acegutta22 Wrote:does this work with megaupload

no

-=jason=-
what about hot file or rapidshare links
any thoughts on building an api for cp?
RuudBurger Wrote:Yeah, but also r5 cam or telecine. Wink

True, but for a Movie 14 years old I doubt that it's the R5 Cam or Telecine. Quite a few older movies don't list DVDRip in the title.

Maybe If Age > release Date + 6 mo, grab newest release from SAB. Else check for SAB in the title.

That, or keep the titles of everything that you automatically vetoed and let people over ride. So right now when I see a movie I want I go and add it to CouchPotato. Say it searches, finds nothing IT thinks is ok, but under the "Show Details", it lists all the nzbs that it found and if I see something I like I can click on it.

Right now, I'm going to delete Jingle All the Way from Couch Potato, add it straight from nzbmatrix... But it makes me wonder how many other movies on my list have releases I'd approve of, but are vetoed.
Is it possible to include a manual keyword search so I could create a custom quality called Bluray and have it only download a version with 'bluray' in the title?
I've built and android app for couchpotato.

This is a pretty early version with basic search capabilities from the movie db. I plan to extend this to allow search via barcode for when you're "out" and see a movie you would like to have. Big Grin

You'll need to configure the host/ip address (and have your couchpotato server accessible from the internet) in order for it to work.

Image Image

Download here: http://kaput.ws/android/MobileCouch.apk

Let me know if you see any bugs or have any problems.

Version 1.0: Initial Search Function
Version 1.2: Adding HTTP Authentication
Version 1.5: Barcode Scanning
Version 1.6: Better UPC Lookups (still needs a little tweaking), and more on screen messages.
Version 1.7: More UPC lookup tweaking. Should be working for most titles now.
The only issue i have right now, is that a lot of the Blu Ray rips are named as BDRip and not BRRip... so Couchpotato doesnt recognise them. Is there some way we could add a custom quality at a definition level?

Ps. Loving the android app Adam_B. Smile
Here's another question, does couch potato download the actor thumbs as well when scraping moving info? If it does so it would be fantastic
@acegutta22
no

@hermy65
Put it on github issues, and i will think about it Wink

@darkscout
Can you make an issue for this on github?

@Avigrace
Not yet, also make an issue/feature request for this

@Adam B.
Thats awesome! Too bad I use an iphone. Maybe ill make a mobile interface some time Wink

@Bobb25
It searches for both bdrip and brrips, so that can't be the problem

@hell_spawn27
Nope
Adam B. Wrote:I've built and android app for couchpotato.

This is a pretty early version with basic search capabilities from the movie db. I plan to extend this to allow search via barcode for when you're "out" and see a movie you would like to have. Big Grin

You'll need to configure the host/ip address (and have your couchpotato server accessible from the internet) in order for it to work.

http://kaput.ws/android/MobileCouch.apk

Let me know if you see any bugs or have any problems.
Wow, how did you do it? I also want to make an app for boxee, so people can just download movies, without going on the interwebz.
Still not 100% on renaming, Seems to fire up at random times. I'm sure i've read here it monitors your download directory once every minute and renames when it finds new, but mine can sit there for hours. Any ideas ?

Also a feature request would be to rename, create an nfo, fanart and cover as you have most of that pieced together in the webinterface ? Just a thought.
Zadara Wrote:Wow, how did you do it? I also want to make an app for boxee, so people can just download movies, without going on the interwebz.

I had to "cheat" a little bit. Since there's no API, I had to build my own MovieDB search then I had it create a web page on the fly with the results including the same page called from the imdb extension in an iframe.

It's not pretty, but it works. I don't think it could be adapted to work with something that doesn't display html.

It would be nice if CouchPotato had a url you could call and get the qualities available. And another where you could pass the quality, imdbid and year and have it added. Maybe I'll start digging into the code...
I created a feature request for the API. Found here: http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato...9#issue/99

Please let me know what you like in the API.
I want to keep it simple, with the following functions:
  • Get movies in CP library, filtered on type (snatched, wanted, downloaded).
  • Get list of qualities.
  • Search for movie. This will search on tMDB and IMDB.
  • Add movie via imdbId and quality