Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-07-03, 01:00)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]KODI Team wants you to use the other guy's 2017 plugin, so there is no desire to continue to work on this 5-years-in-the-making plugin at the moment.

@dmdsoftware
Why are you making this statement? Can you point to where Team Kodi has made this statement?

To the best of my knowledge the other add-on has not been updated in the Kodi.org repo with outstanding PRs for reasons discussed in the GitHub thread. I haven't followed this for a while, but am not aware of any "preferred" status for another Google drive add-on.
(2018-07-05, 04:22)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-03, 01:00)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]KODI Team wants you to use the other guy's 2017 plugin, so there is no desire to continue to work on this 5-years-in-the-making plugin at the moment.

@dmdsoftware
Why are you making this statement? Can you point to where Team Kodi has made this statement?

To the best of my knowledge the other add-on has not been updated in the Kodi.org repo with outstanding PRs for reasons discussed in the GitHub thread. I haven't followed this for a while, but am not aware of any "preferred" status for another Google drive add-on. 
 It is in the repository which would prevent another of the same type to be added since duplicates are not acceptable.
The one in the repo is not being updated at this point due to the way the third party oauth is being handled, to the best of my knowledge. Have you ever submitted your add on to the official repo?

The fact that the other add-on is in the repo probably has more to do with who submitted their add-on first. It is entirely incorrect to state that Team Kodi "prefers" one add-on over another, particularly if you have never submitted yours to the repo. Go read the GitHub PR conversation on the other add-on to get a correct picture of what has happened rather than just make false statements.
Great addon . Offers Team Drive support. Thanks dmdsoftware
@dmdsoftware  Absolutely love this addon and use it almost everyday. The teamdrive support is awesome. 

When I delete a file from the google drive it still stays in the strm file folder (and hence in the Kodi library). Is there any way to update this?

Thx,
V
@dmdsoftware Just want to say thanks for this addon.  I was on the verge of learning how to build for kodi somewhat this same tool but It would have never turned out to be like yours.

Anyway I do have a quick question for anyone that knows, how does the Automatic strm creationin the settings work by chance?  I have only 2 folders I always want to do a strm export for and if I enable that, will it do my entire drive or only the 2 I had previously exported?
@dmdsoftware 

How do I keep original file names for "save offline"? They save in a jumbled mess. Would prefer it retains the saved filenames.

https://imgur.com/a/5pVWWky

(2018-07-15, 07:30)raycekar Wrote: [ -> ]@dmdsoftware Just want to say thanks for this addon.  I was on the verge of learning how to build for kodi somewhat this same tool but It would have never turned out to be like yours.

Anyway I do have a quick question for anyone that knows, how does the Automatic strm creationin the settings work by chance?  I have only 2 folders I always want to do a strm export for and if I enable that, will it do my entire drive or only the 2 I had previously exported?
 It will only export the new files and not re-write the existing.
(2018-07-15, 10:44)clockwerk Wrote: [ -> ]@dmdsoftware 

How do I keep original file names for "save offline"? They save in a jumbled mess. Would prefer it retains the saved filenames.

https://imgur.com/a/5pVWWky

It has do to a different naming convention because you can save different qualities locally for each file.  Also, naming conventions in Google allow for all kinds of filenames that would not be valid names on a local filesystem, so to avoid this, I use the resource ID.  It also is most helpful to link to the original resource ID so that the file is always associated with the correct video file.  A video file in Google can be renamed and moved to different folders, and if I didn't tie it to it's resource ID, the two would become disconnected.  A resource ID can never change.
@dmdsoftware  sorry, let me rephrase my question.  With the Automatic strm creation, does it only check the folder/folders for changes that I have previously exported or does it export my whole drive to the specified location in the settings? also, how often does it check? 

I hope this makes more sense, I had attempted to find this answer in your code but got lost pretty fast in all of the files.
Automatic STRM creation (via scheduler) uses change tracking, so it only fetches the files that have changed since it last ran.  But the feature is disabled in KODI plugin, only enabled in the Emby plugin.

If you run a full scan (not automatic STRM creation via scheduler), it only updates by creating new files but it fetches list of all files from server.
(2018-07-19, 18:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Automatic STRM creation (via scheduler) uses change tracking, so it only fetches the files that have changed since it last ran.  But the feature is disabled in KODI plugin, only enabled in the Emby plugin.

If you run a full scan (not automatic STRM creation via scheduler), it only updates by creating new files but it fetches list of all files from server.
I would like to try the emby plugin. Where can I get it ?
This is a great addon . Thanks again
First of all i wanna say thank you that is really a great plugin.
Im trying to encrypt my file in google drive with encfs but when i try to click treat encfs i have an error

22:54:58.415 T:14652   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=index&content_type=video&encfs=true&instance=gdrive1&folder=ID
22:54:58.416 T:14652   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=index&content_type=video&encfs=true&instance=gdrive1&folder=ID) failed

I already setup the folder encrypted and decrypted.. i have a .encfs6.xml in encrypted that suppose should be the key..
When I create strm files ,Kodi is scanning the strm but nothing is being created in some files . In the past when I created strm everything worked.