Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I've a another little issue (you'll start to hate me lol). As part of the STRM export any movie folder that has a movie trailer in, I'll get two stream files. Example:

C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (Year)\Movie Name (year).mkv.strm
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (Year)\Movie Name (year)-trailer.mov.strm

I also might get (as I've started to retain the original release name data):
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (Year)\Movie.Name.Year.720p.x264-rlsgroup.mkv.strm
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (Year)\Movie.Name.Year.720p.x264-rlsgroup-trailer.mov.strm

I've noticed that when the plugin copies STRM files to the specified movies folder (in my case, C:\STRM\Movies), it doesn't copy over those of the format: Movie.Name.Year.720p.x264-rlsgroup.mkv. I'm retaining the original release filename as I've found it to be useful (e.g. when wanting to replace copies with better versions, I know what I've already got). As I have "movies01" and "movies02", I kind of rely on the combined "movies" folder you've so kindly automated as a master source of all movies in Google Drive, but at the moment it misses some. I can easily write a PowerShell script to merge .strm files in movies01 and movies02 into movies, but I thought you might want to add it to the "to fix" list perhaps.

As an aside, the -trailer STRM files are ignored by Kodi sadly (and when I posted about this, it was ignored), so I don't know whether you want to exclude exporting any with "-trailer" in (maybe add an option for people to select rather than hard code it in).
(2015-09-29, 18:07)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-29, 14:31)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]What is odd is that srt files appear as text files in my Google Drives. I'll add it to the exclusion list.

Definitely something weird going on. Dragged and dropped an SRT into Google Drive using Chrome just this second, and it shows as "binary file". The copy that was uploaded previously (which is identical) shows as "Unknown file".

The SRT I looked at earlier (also uploaded via Syncdocs) shows as an audio file. If I manually delete it, and drag/drop in Chrome it shows as an audio file again. All files, appear on the surface, plain text SRT files. Bizarre.

It does appear that the STRM export, only exports srt.strm files when the .SRT is being treated as an audio file. I think. It's definitely the case that a .srt.strm file is not being created for *every* srt that's in Google Drive. An exclusion would solve this of course, but it's very odd.

Any debugging I can do to help you, please let me know.

Yes, that is because the plugin doesn't decipher video, audio, image vs other by file extensions since extensions are a relative thing. You can have videos that don't even have extensions. When you upload content through the various methods (apps, sync tools, api, etc), you or the app can communicate the type of file being uploaded, and Google will override what it thinks the file is based on what you tell it. I personally upload all content using application ocstream, which tells Google to scan the file to classify it. It always has always classified by srt files as text files. That makes it possible to search srt files, which may or may not be handy at times Smile Perhaps if the srt file is double-byte encoded, may it not be classified correctly. I don't know of any way to reclassify a file once it is uploaded.

I don't mind adding exceptions to force particular files to be treated different (like .srt files always be treated as non-media)
(2015-09-29, 19:02)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I've a another little issue (you'll start to hate me lol). As part of the STRM export any movie folder that has a movie trailer in, I'll get two stream files. Example:

C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (Year)\Movie.Name.Year.720p.x264-rlsgroup-trailer.mov.strm

I've noticed that when the plugin copies STRM files to the specified movies folder (in my case, C:\STRM\Movies), it doesn't copy over those of the format: Movie.Name.Year.720p.x264-rlsgroup.mkv. I'm retaining the original release filename as I've found it to be useful (e.g. when wanting to replace copies with better versions, I know what I've already got). As I have "movies01" and "movies02", I kind of rely on the combined "movies" folder you've so kindly automated as a master source of all movies in Google Drive, but at the moment it misses some. I can easily write a PowerShell script to merge .strm files in movies01 and movies02 into movies, but I thought you might want to add it to the "to fix" list perhaps.

As an aside, the -trailer STRM files are ignored by Kodi sadly (and when I posted about this, it was ignored), so I don't know whether you want to exclude exporting any with "-trailer" in (maybe add an option for people to select rather than hard code it in).

It'll always create the regular .STRM files following the folder structure of your Google Drive, and only store a second copy of the .STRM in this Movies or TV folder for purposes to flattening or formatting content in structure for easy import into KODI. The regular expression for the movies was provided by a user, and it pulls out the format type. I could add it back? or make it an option.

I wasn't aware about the -trailer. I could add an option to pull out the -trailer and/or replace it with something else.
@dmdsoftware

Can you please help me with playlists? Im still unable to create a music playlist with music stored on Google Drive.
(2015-10-01, 04:25)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]@dmdsoftware

Can you please help me with playlists? Im still unable to create a music playlist with music stored on Google Drive.

You can right-click on a folder (in the plugin) and select save STRM.

It will create STRM files that contain links to your media to a location you specify. If you haven't specified one, it will ask. If you don't know where you have specified, you can view and change the setting in Addon Settings -> Library Integration.

The directory generated will be .STRM files representing each media file. Inside is a plugin:// call. You can either run the .STRM from Music or Video in KODI, or you can create M3U files that contain lists of these plugin calls.

Your question makes a good point. I should make it easier and provide a "create M3U" on a folder click that creates a M3U of these files in the folder.
Hi,

I saw on your website we can now login with Amazon Cloud Drive, can I know how I can do that because im currently not able to set it up.

Thanks,

Guillaume
(2015-10-03, 21:54)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I saw on your website we can now login with Amazon Cloud Drive, can I know how I can do that because im currently not able to set it up.

Thanks,

Guillaume

Only from the testing respository --> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237622

Once I get some more testing feedback, I'll add it to the normal repository so users of any of my plugins will be able to install by the normal repository.
(2015-09-29, 19:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-29, 19:02)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I've a another little issue (you'll start to hate me lol). As part of the STRM export any movie folder that has a movie trailer in, I'll get two stream files. Example:

It'll always create the regular .STRM files following the folder structure of your Google Drive, and only store a second copy of the .STRM in this Movies or TV folder for purposes to flattening or formatting content in structure for easy import into KODI. The regular expression for the movies was provided by a user, and it pulls out the format type. I could add it back? or make it an option.

I wasn't aware about the -trailer. I could add an option to pull out the -trailer and/or replace it with something else.

It could make an online STRM automatically from Gdrive? (for example, I upload a video on gdrive and automatically it is added on strm online file)
I am tired to make an strm when i want add new videos on kodi...
@dmdsoftware

Did you find out why the .ts files is not showed in Kodi using the Google Drive add-on? If yes, it is fixable and when you think add the fix?
(2015-09-29, 19:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

"It'll always create the regular .STRM files following the folder structure of your Google Drive"
- Yep, confirm this works Smile

"and only store a second copy of the .STRM in this Movies or TV folder for purposes to flattening or formatting content in structure for easy import into KODI."
- This is great! Unfortunately though, the problem is that it doesn't make a second copy for movies when they're in the format:

I don't know why it doesn't copy these over into the flat structured folder.

I'm not sure what you mean by using the regular expression to pull out the format type (and store it where?), but I don't really need that. I just wanted to retain the original filenames of scene release movies for future review, and not rename them to a generic "Movie Name (Year).ext" filename.

Does that make sense? Hope so Smile

Kodi doesn't do anything with "-trailer" STRM files when importing to the library, so maybe they can be excluded. It'd be nice if when importing a STRM file for a film, Kodi would see the -trailer STRM and use that for the trailer, but it doesn't (thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239659).
(2015-10-10, 15:17)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]@dmdsoftware

Did you find out why the .ts files is not showed in Kodi using the Google Drive add-on? If yes, it is fixable and when you think add the fix?

Yes, and the fix will be in next 6 hours.
Version 0.7.15
- add support for .ts video files

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.15.zip
Another issue:

Export of exact google drive folder structure:
C:\Dropbox\STRM\Series\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
C:\Dropbox\STRM\Series\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 01
C:\Dropbox\STRM\Series\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 02

The automatically created second copy into the "TV" folder:
C:\Dropbox\STRM\TV\Marvel's Agents of S H I E L D
C:\Dropbox\STRM\TV\Marvel's Agents of S H I E L D \Season 01
C:\Dropbox\STRM\TV\Marvel's Agents of S H I E L D \Season 02

As you can see, the second copy has the "." stripped out. Kodi is therefore unable to detect this show (against thetvdb) when updating the video library, and will try and match against it every time the library is updated. When I put the "." back in, Kodi found the show successfully. The same happens for the TV show "The O.C.".

It's worth noting that the *exact* titles have a "." on the end. Windows cannot have folder/file names with "." on the end, so the folder will always be "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" / "The O.C" but the files themselves will be correct, like "The O.C. - S01E01 - Epname.ext". It seems that the missing "." on the end of the folder name doesn't stop Kodi picking up the show, but all spaces instead of "." does.

EDIT: The second copies are actually folders with a space on the end which are extremely difficult to delete Sad - had to use 7zip file manager to rename them, then delete.
(2015-10-11, 15:46)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue:

As you can see, the second copy has the "." stripped out. Kodi is therefore unable to detect this show (against thetvdb) when updating the video library, and will try and match against it every time the library is updated. When I put the "." back in, Kodi found the show successfully. The same happens for the TV show "The O.C.".

It's worth noting that the *exact* titles have a "." on the end. Windows cannot have folder/file names with "." on the end, so the folder will always be "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" / "The O.C" but the files themselves will be correct, like "The O.C. - S01E01 - Epname.ext". It seems that the missing "." on the end of the folder name doesn't stop Kodi picking up the show, but all spaces instead of "." does.

EDIT: The second copies are actually folders with a space on the end which are extremely difficult to delete Sad - had to use 7zip file manager to rename them, then delete.

The regular expression needs to anchor onto something, and . and - are typically what breaks up the filename. But both these cases are single characters between ., and I can't think of any extension < 2 characters (most are 3), so adapting the rule to exclude these two examples should be easy. I have both shows in my drive, so I should be able to test against them.

I linux you can reference folders using "", so same should work in windows (rmdir "Marvel's Agents of S H I E L D ")
(2015-10-11, 15:46)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue:

The fix is in 0.7.16. The basis of the requirement was that folders could not use . as a separator for TV shows in lieu of a space (I don't know if this is still the case). The fix should still keep the . for these one-of exceptions.
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.16.zip