Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the Drive support! I am using Kodi for the first time as of yesterday and very much want to link my Google Drive account. I followed all of your YouTube video instructions and installed everything perfectly. The only issue I am having is around my account login. I have entered my username correctly with the full account name followed by @gmail.com. I also am sure my password is correct. No matter what, I continue to get the message "login information is incorrect or permission is denied". This also was the case when I tried to run a different add on for Play Music, my login was denied. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a setting within my Google accounts security I need to change?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me as I am extremely excited to link my account to Kodi!!!
(2015-02-08, 23:15)szsfitz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the Drive support! I am using Kodi for the first time as of yesterday and very much want to link my Google Drive account. I followed all of your YouTube video instructions and installed everything perfectly. The only issue I am having is around my account login. I have entered my username correctly with the full account name followed by @gmail.com. I also am sure my password is correct. No matter what, I continue to get the message "login information is incorrect or permission is denied". This also was the case when I tried to run a different add on for Play Music, my login was denied. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a setting within my Google accounts security I need to change?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me as I am extremely excited to link my account to Kodi!!!

Have you tried to use an application password?
(2015-02-08, 13:26)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I think I understand how this STRM path saving works.

I tried with my TV Shows and I noticed a couple of things:

1) Regardless of settings, I don't appear to have the option to see the original file, just the streaming options from Google transcoding.

2) The STRM includes subtitles files saved on gDrive. I think you should filter for known video (or music) file types. *.avi, *.mkv, *.mp4, etc.

Hmmm... actually playing with Disk Cache seems to produce errors, outside from STRM files, I mean.

Quote for bumping problems pointed out.
(2015-02-08, 13:26)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I think I understand how this STRM path saving works.

I tried with my TV Shows and I noticed a couple of things:

1) Regardless of settings, I don't appear to have the option to see the original file, just the streaming options from Google transcoding.

2) The STRM includes subtitles files saved on gDrive. I think you should filter for known video (or music) file types. *.avi, *.mkv, *.mp4, etc.

Hmmm... actually playing with Disk Cache seems to produce errors, outside from STRM files, I mean.

#1, it's because the original stream capture had to be done differently now in 0.5.x because method I was capturing it can't be done the same way now. I've re-added it in 0.5.3

#2, it's because for encryption, I was not ignoring non-video and non-audio files. Will need to look at this. Maybe provide the user an option.

New release 0.5.3.
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.5.3.zip

Version 0.5.3
- implement filesize sorting
- add back original stream
- sort stream selection
It seems that disk cache playback (original file) is back but the interface doesn't show the initial cache set happening. With the previous versions, it showed the percentage of cache needed and how much of it was being downloaded (as a sub percentage).

And yes, there most definitely is the need for some filter based on filetypes when creating STRM files for library integration.

Thank you!
(2015-02-22, 19:47)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that disk cache playback (original file) is back but the interface doesn't show the initial cache set happening. With the previous versions, it showed the percentage of cache needed and how much of it was being downloaded (as a sub percentage).

Thank you!

It isn't supported on 0.5.0+ atm.
What isn't supported? The display of that information or the caching process in its entirety?
(2015-02-23, 12:17)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]What isn't supported? The display of that information or the caching process in its entirety?

Just to be clear, the cache logic wasn't brought over from 0.4.0. I need to update it to reflect the changes. Once it's updated, it won't need to be updated going forward. I wasn't using the same object classes that I use for other plugins.

I expect it should just error out with script error if you try to use it.
Any juicy updates on the horizon? Smile
I followed your instructions for installing gdrive but no matter what I do I keep getting the message "login information is incorrect or permission is denied". I saw your reply to another user having the same problem, "Have you tried using an application password".

I know what applications are but could you elaborate and or provide other suggestions to correct the problem.

Please and thanks.
When trying to install plugin.video.gdrive-testing-0.5.3.zip I get a message about it being in the wrong structure. I've tried extracting and rezipping without a build number but that didn't work!

Thanks for your work on this and hope you can help Smile
(2015-03-06, 16:38)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Any juicy updates on the horizon? Smile

Will be busy with work with 60 hour work weeks until August. I'll try to keep the plugin working over the next few months as Google disables key API services.
(2015-03-08, 18:50)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to install plugin.video.gdrive-testing-0.5.3.zip I get a message about it being in the wrong structure. I've tried extracting and rezipping without a build number but that didn't work!

Thanks for your work on this and hope you can help Smile

Try with a stable build (0.4) and not one of the -testing
(2015-03-15, 15:55)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-06, 16:38)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Any juicy updates on the horizon? Smile

Will be busy with work with 60 hour work weeks until August. I'll try to keep the plugin working over the next few months as Google disables key API services.
Wow, I hope that's good for you (work, I mean). Two questions:

1) Google disabling key APIs? Do you have a link to get some info on this?

2) I would really appreciate it if you could reinstate the "downloading and viewing original files" option in the 0.5.x branch.

Thanks!