Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-19, 14:21)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]That's fantastic - thanks.

With 0.8.06 on Windows I still get srt files. See:

Code:
PS C:\users\Me\gdrive-movies> Get-ChildItem -Filter '*srt*'

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----       16/09/2016     16:07            142 Bellflower (2011).En.srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:07            139 Bellflower (2011).srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:06            135 Cracks (2009).srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:14            140 Powder Blue (2009).srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:13            144 Sixteen Candles (1984).srt.strm

but what's odd is that it's only a really small number. I have way more srt files than that. I haven't checked on LibreElec with 0.8.12 as I just find Linux much harder to use.

Anyway I just installed your testing repo, and it automatically updated the Gdrive plugin to 0.8.13. Manually deleted all downloaded .STRM files, and opened the plugin again. Straight away it said "building STRMs". I'll let it run and see how it goes, but two quick pieces of feedback:

1)
C:\Users\Me\strm\movies
---> SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_10_64BIT_English_MLF_X20-25557.ISO.strm

I guess it's detecting all ISOs as movies? Smile

2) I have a folder called 'Learning' with lots of video training in there. So now I have hundreds and hundreds of things like this:
C:\Users\Me\strm\movies\
---> 0101 What are vector graphics.mov.strm
---> 0102 Path and appearance.mov.strm

which of course are not movies either. Perhaps we can set a list of folders to exclude from automatic stream creation?

The automatic STRM creation works by using change tracking. It would be inefficient if I needed to start traversing up the parent tree of a change record. Lot of web calls. It might be better idea to exclude generation of video-other files (those that cannot be classified) in the automatic STRM creation process -- after all, they won't import as movie or tv show, and creating them is futile. The benefit of communicating that these files to match tv or movie gives the user the ability to update the file (such as rename it), and that would be picked up automatically, and then it would/should be filed in the correct spot.

The ISO is showing up because I have to treat them as video files to allow those that are saved dvd rips to show up.

I think some of your SRT files are showing up because they might be classified as video in Google Drive (I've seen this before). Not a biggie. I thought I had filtered them out completely but there might be a spot where they are still sneaking through. Will look for the leaky hole.
Hi!
First thanks to dmdsoftware for a great add-on.

I wonder if one change will be possible,

First what is the problem and why i need this

Last months my google drive is not working as i expected. I am uploading content thru google photos and recently realized that not all uploaded videos showing up in drive. For now a do not now why it is happening. In most cases files shorter then hour and less then 1Gb showing up normally bud bigger and longer sometime are missing in drive. But this is not a rule, Sometime it is opposite - short file is not visible but 2h 6GB video is ok. All files are converted by google and possible to play online in google photos, but lack of them in google drive not allow me to play them in kodi. Those missing files never appear in google drive , not next day, not 2 months avter.

I know that problem is in google but i wonder if it is possible to have some workaround.
I always use strm files to paly videos in KODI , is there any way to create strm file from link on google photos and play from there. It is no problem if creating strm files will be manual job, I like to know if it is/ will be technically possible

thanks in advance for any response
David
(2016-09-23, 00:01)drive0001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
First thanks to dmdsoftware for a great add-on.

I wonder if one change will be possible,

First what is the problem and why i need this

Last months my google drive is not working as i expected. I am uploading content thru google photos and recently realized that not all uploaded videos showing up in drive. For now a do not now why it is happening. In most cases files shorter then hour and less then 1Gb showing up normally bud bigger and longer sometime are missing in drive. But this is not a rule, Sometime it is opposite - short file is not visible but 2h 6GB video is ok. All files are converted by google and possible to play online in google photos, but lack of them in google drive not allow me to play them in kodi. Those missing files never appear in google drive , not next day, not 2 months avter.

I know that problem is in google but i wonder if it is possible to have some workaround.
I always use strm files to paly videos in KODI , is there any way to create strm file from link on google photos and play from there. It is no problem if creating strm files will be manual job, I like to know if it is/ will be technically possible

thanks in advance for any response
David

I'm planning out the steps to allow users to link in Google Photo albums..
Raspberry pi 2 and With 0.8.06 gdrive addon.

When i click a video, open stream is slow, then when i click choose a stream , loading is fast.

Why?

and for photos, when i select in settings - photo - original, when i open a photo, is totally black and if i press info botton, say 0kb.

If i select 16k, i can see my photos, why?
(2016-09-23, 16:45)robertus Wrote: [ -> ]Raspberry pi 2 and With 0.8.06 gdrive addon.

When i click a video, open stream is slow, then when i click choose a stream , loading is fast.

Why?

and for photos, when i select in settings - photo - original, when i open a photo, is totally black and if i press info botton, say 0kb.

For the video issue, do you have subtitles enabled in settings - Advance?

For the photos issue, does slideshow work? The filesize may be misleading. Original will be much slower especially for raw or large size photos. Black screen indicates it is not yet downloaded. Slide show will continue to work on downloading and should appear. If not, can you check the kodi log for error messages.

I could probably add another quality called original - stream, which might actually work faster then original as it will use the media stream download protocol
(2016-09-23, 18:20)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-23, 16:45)robertus Wrote: [ -> ]Raspberry pi 2 and With 0.8.06 gdrive addon.

Why?

For the photos issue, does slideshow work? The filesize may be misleading. Original will be much slower especially for raw or large size photos. Black screen indicates it is not yet downloaded. Slide show will continue to work on downloading and should appear. If not, can you check the kodi log for error messages.

I could probably add another quality called original - stream, which might actually work faster then original as it will use the media stream download protocol

about video issue, your solution works. I disable subtitles and now loading is fast.
Anyway if i select in settings - video, original, video isn't smooth. i need to transcode to see without problem. Is normal? is a raspberry pi2 problem ?

about photos issue, slideshow works, if i open a photo, change picture automatically.
But i select 16k in settings, i tried to select original and try a slideshow without open a photo, but only enter in 2016 folder, and press left to come up menu and select slideshow, but black screen come up and no picture on screen.
So i press back to come back to list of pictures.
(2016-09-23, 20:23)robertus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-23, 18:20)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

about video issue, your solution works. I disable subtitles and now loading is fast.
Anyway if i select in settings - video, original, video isn't smooth. i need to transcode to see without problem. Is normal? is a raspberry pi2 problem ?

about photos issue, slideshow works, if i open a photo, change picture automatically.
But i select 16k in settings, i tried to select original and try a slideshow without open a photo, but only enter in 2016 folder, and press left to come up menu and select slideshow, but black screen come up and no picture on screen.

For the photo, let me add in original through stream and have you check that. How large are these files? I think they are taking too long for the KODI to cache and it's aborting. the original stream might be better.

For videos, how do you have the videos structured? All in one folder along with many SRT files, or each video in separate folders with SRT in same folder?

if you have playback issue, the video might be using a codec not properly supported by the hardware and you might need a codec license to support with hardware acceleration. Transcode is handy for this. I use pi A and pi 2 throughout and I usually use transcode or original only if I know the codec of the video is properly supported.
(2016-09-23, 21:16)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-23, 20:23)robertus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-23, 18:20)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]For the video issue, do you have subtitles enabled in settings - Advance?

For the photo, let me add in original through stream and have you check that. How large are these files? I think they are taking too long for the KODI to cache and it's aborting. the original stream might be better.

For videos, how do you have the videos structured? All in one folder along with many SRT files, or each video in separate folders with SRT in same folder?

if you have playback issue, the video might be using a codec not properly supported by the hardware and you might need a codec license to support with hardware acceleration. Transcode is handy for this. I use pi A and pi 2 throughout and I usually use transcode or original only if I know the codec of the video is properly supported.

photo aren't large, between 700kb to 2MB, but black screen is with all photos, ( if i select in settings original )

for video, i record them with xiaomi yi 2 in 1080p 120fps and synched of course in google photos.
I record also other videos with my nexus 5, 1080p.
So every video are in h264, i guess that rpi2 can be handle it without trouble.

I don't try to play a video in local. I synch every video in my google photos and i install this addon for that, to reproduce them in cloud.
I have a raspberry pi 3 with LibreELEC. I have installed the add-on and configured it. When I click on my account it give me an error. Any ideas?
(2016-09-26, 11:29)lollo87 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a raspberry pi 3 with LibreELEC. I have installed the add-on and configured it. When I click on my account it give me an error. Any ideas?

Did you use the [enroll account] to configure the account?
(2016-09-26, 11:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-26, 11:29)lollo87 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a raspberry pi 3 with LibreELEC. I have installed the add-on and configured it. When I click on my account it give me an error. Any ideas?

Yes I use enroll account, I use the link in this page to configure the Google App. When I click on my account name it report an error and suggest me to read the log file (that I don't know where is). I useyour add-on on my Mac with Kodi and it works. When I use it on my Raspberry pi 3 w libreELEC I can't use. Why?
(2016-09-26, 12:04)lollo87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-26, 11:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I use enroll account, I use the link in this page to configure the Google App. When I click on my account name it report an error and suggest me to read the log file (that I don't know where is). I useyour add-on on my Mac with Kodi and it works. When I use it on my Raspberry pi 3 w libreELEC I can't use. Why?

Are you using the same username and passcode? They are one-time use. You need to setup a new code on each device, or copy the settings.xml between devices.
(2016-09-26, 14:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-26, 12:04)lollo87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-26, 11:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use the [enroll account] to configure the account?

Are you using the same username and passcode? They are one-time use. You need to setup a new code on each device, or copy the settings.xml between devices.

Ok it works! thank you!
(2016-09-26, 14:57)lollo87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-26, 14:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-26, 12:04)lollo87 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I use enroll account, I use the link in this page to configure the Google App. When I click on my account name it report an error and suggest me to read the log file (that I don't know where is). I useyour add-on on my Mac with Kodi and it works. When I use it on my Raspberry pi 3 w libreELEC I can't use. Why?

Ok it works! thank you!

I will auto-detect this situation and advise the user with a more helpful message.