Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-23, 16:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 12:34)jaspreet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 20:30)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]It actually only displays videos that are tagged as videos by google. So, typically, if a file does not show up, it is because it isn't tagged as a video by Google. In your case, I'm not sure why they are not showing up. Try changing the setting to show all files instead of show videos only in Video Playback in Settings.
I tried all that for over an hour before thinking about the file extension Thing. Then moved to older version and its fixed there

There is an issue with those videos that don't appear. They are encoded in Google Drive with extension "" which caused the issue of them not appearing. The fact that those files that don't appear are names "Copy of..." means they were probably created using the "Make a copy of" in Google Drive, and it must have lost their extension encoding in the process (bug?). I've added a workaround and they are appearing in the -testing branch version 0.7.20.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.20.zip
I am away but I will test the version ASAP. Thanks so much for prompt response
How do I create an artwork from video files in Google Drive to display in Kodi?
(2016-01-23, 16:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 12:34)jaspreet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 20:30)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]It actually only displays videos that are tagged as videos by google. So, typically, if a file does not show up, it is because it isn't tagged as a video by Google. In your case, I'm not sure why they are not showing up. Try changing the setting to show all files instead of show videos only in Video Playback in Settings.
I tried all that for over an hour before thinking about the file extension Thing. Then moved to older version and its fixed there

There is an issue with those videos that don't appear. They are encoded in Google Drive with extension "" which caused the issue of them not appearing. The fact that those files that don't appear are names "Copy of..." means they were probably created using the "Make a copy of" in Google Drive, and it must have lost their extension encoding in the process (bug?). I've added a workaround and they are appearing in the -testing branch version 0.7.20.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.20.zip
This version works and the videos can be seen even with default settings!
Thank you
I'm on Kodi 15.2, authenticated with Google Apps method.
Authentication goes well, files list ok.

When I try video playback (original), the caching starts. Video playback starts correctly but with an error message "Failed playback - one or more items failed playback". Underneath video plays back just fine. It plays and after a while it stops.

This if I keep the error window open, if I close it it stops immediately.

Gdrive-testing 0.7.20, stable version was the same.

Selecting transcoded version produces the same result.
(2016-02-07, 02:24)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on Kodi 15.2, authenticated with Google Apps method.
Authentication goes well, files list ok.

When I try video playback (original), the caching starts. Video playback starts correctly but with an error message "Failed playback - one or more items failed playback". Underneath video plays back just fine. It plays and after a while it stops.

This if I keep the error window open, if I close it it stops immediately.

Gdrive-testing 0.7.20, stable version was the same.

Selecting transcoded version produces the same result.

Can you enable crash logging (in addon-settings) and advise me the generated error number?
I tried but under Last identifier error # I don't have anything.
(2016-02-07, 23:27)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]I tried but under Last identifier error # I don't have anything.

It is probably a SRT or resume point issue. Consider disabling SRT in addon-settings to confirm the error does not occur.
(2016-02-10, 02:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-07, 23:27)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]I tried but under Last identifier error # I don't have anything.

It is probably a SRT or resume point issue. Consider disabling SRT in addon-settings to confirm the error does not occur.
It wasn't that.

In my debug log I see an error that might give an hint: http://pastebin.com/GZkqn7BE

19:57:45 T:28732 ERROR: gdrive: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

Why? The authentication goes well, otherwise I think I shouldn't even be able to list my contents, that are instead displayed with no problem.

PS
This is on a different machine, running Kodi 16 beta. I authenticated with "Google Apps", inserting the username and passcode I chose on the page you link to in the opening post. Kodi appears among my authorized apps.
(2016-02-10, 23:38)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-10, 02:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

It wasn't that.

In my debug log I see an error that might give an hint: http://pastebin.com/GZkqn7BE

19:57:45 T:28732 ERROR: gdrive: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

Why? The authentication goes well, otherwise I think I shouldn't even be able to list my contents, that are instead displayed with no problem.

PS
This is on a different machine, running Kodi 16 beta. I authenticated with "Google Apps", inserting the username and passcode I chose on the page you link to in the opening post. Kodi appears among my authorized apps.

The log and error 400 is helpful. Reviewing to identify which web call is generating the error 400
Thank you. It's driving me crazy. Yesterday I helped a friend setting it up... and it works. I try to set it up for me... it doesn't. Big Grin
Anyone who uses the encfs support may want to test out a new build with some better playback and new options for encfs. I'm still testing. There are no changes on non-encfs, and encfs photos is not tested yet using the improvements. The improvements are strictly audio and video so far.

New build
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.21.zip

v0.7.21 (2016-02-11)
- improvements with encfs playback(specficially around streaming)
- added options chunk and percent before playback for encfs
- fix issue with encrypted MKV playback (encfs)
New Build - Major changes to photos:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.22.zip

v0.7.22 (2016-02-11)
- picture/photo playback improvements, link into default KODI slideshow functionality
- added playback photos without caching (also now the default behaviour)
- fix: https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/57
Hi! Concerning the above report, I narrowed it down to the cache option. With cache disabled ("Always cache for playback" set to OFF), playback starts with no problem. But then one is at his bandwidth's mercy. Smile

Caching to single file or not doesn't make a difference.
(2016-02-12, 17:13)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Concerning the above report, I narrowed it down to the cache option. With cache disabled ("Always cache for playback" set to OFF), playback starts with no problem. But then one is at his bandwidth's mercy. Smile

I knew it had to be a setting, but suspected a different setting. I didn't want to advise you to wipe all your settings, as I knew that would have worked and we would be no further ahead on finding which setting.

Now that I know where to look, I can fix the issue.
(2016-02-12, 17:37)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-12, 17:13)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Concerning the above report, I narrowed it down to the cache option. With cache disabled ("Always cache for playback" set to OFF), playback starts with no problem. But then one is at his bandwidth's mercy. Smile

I knew it had to be a setting, but suspected a different setting. I didn't want to advise you to wipe all your settings, as I knew that would have worked and we would be no further ahead on finding which setting.

Now that I know where to look, I can fix the issue.
To clarify: as soon as I re-enable "Always cache for playback", playback fails in the same way as before. If I turn it off, everything's fine once more. Maybe it was clear before but... better to err on the cautious side. Smile Thanks for looking into this.

Edit: also, even if "Always cache for playback" is disabled, selecting Play+Cache leads to the same problem.