Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-18, 18:17)dr_cure Wrote: [ -> ]Still having a few issues with the buffer/cache for HD video playback. A few questions about the settings.

1) I selected "always cache for playback" and "never transcode" in the Video settings and in the Cache settings set it as 25% (tried smaller & larger amounts), but when playing back video (just clicking on the file) it doesn't appear to be using the cache. I'm still getting buffer caching issues every 3-5 minutes and when looking at the playback bar, the buffer isn't very far (the 0.4 version paused longer at the beginning of playback and you could tell it was caching based on the size in the settings).

2) When clicking the menu on a video for playback options, which option would playback the original file using the cache buffer (without downloading the whole file)? Play original looks to be downloading the whole file (filename.original). Play from cache doesn't playback anything unless there is already something in the cache (from the play original or download).

I caught an issue and it is around capturing the filesizes. That would cause the pre-buffer to be not working. Fixing.
(2015-04-18, 17:33)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-18, 17:30)dr_cure Wrote: [ -> ]Working now with 0.5.15 with "your own OAUTH2". Also, the always cache option looks to be working fine as well. If you need any help testing anything else, just let me know. Thanks.

Whatever testing and issues you can find will help move this to 0.6.0 so I can then focus on new enhancements.

Right now I know streaming music isn't working, but that seems to be something that may be on the Google Drive side (XBMC can't decipher the music file, but works if you use the download or cache options).

Audio playback issue is the user agent tag... causes Google Drive to timeout when streaming audio. Using a more modern user agent resolves the issue. Fixing.
Tested the new release. OAUTH2 is working fine now. I'll test everything in the next few days. Thanks!!!
New release:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.5.16.zip

Version 0.5.16
- fix audio streaming issue by updating User Agent
-- Google Drive API 2 module - fix filesize sizing issue with caching
-- Google Drive API 2 module - optimizations for caching
Getting there.... slowly but surely....

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.5.17.zip

Version 0.5.17
-- Google Drive API 2 module - fix for "show all music" & "show all photos"
-- Google Drive API 2 module - for unknown reasons, for remote music, if Music is tagged as Music, it errors-out when playing back from "Music", doesn't happen when labeled "Video"
(2015-04-19, 05:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]New release:

Version 0.5.16

I just tested the video cache playback between 0.4.8 and 0.5.16. A few issues/comments below. I'll test 0.5.17 now.

Thanks for all your help and hard work.

Setting - Using Disk Cache

Screen shows:
Opening Stream
Caching…
x% to download before playback
(Creates cache.mp4 file in temporary directory. Does a good job using the same cache file each time, so it doesn’t take up space when playing a different file )

1) Play+Cache options works now when selecting it from the video filename menu (like 0.4.8 above), but one issue.
(Creates filename.original, but since it’s a unique filename, it creates several cache files and takes up too much space. Is there a way to use the same cache file name or auto-delete it when stopping it to play? Also, I noticed sometimes the cache file is larger then the % set in the settings. Doesn’t always happen, but one time i noticed it almost downloading the whole 1.5gb video file vs. the 300mb 20% setting).

2) In the configure settings, I selected the options “Always cache for playback” and “Never transcode”, but when you select a video (just pressing it, not pulling up the menu), it appears to play the video without caching (ie. streaming the original file from Google drive, which tends to get buffer issues every few minutes). Shouldn’t using these settings default to Play+Cache?

Ideally what I would like is a cache file setting that is always used as a default (% to cache and a set as default option) that helps prevents pauses/buffering issues when streaming original HD files (never transcoded) from Google drive. We’re getting close.
(2015-04-19, 07:59)dr_cure Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-19, 05:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]New release:

Version 0.5.16

I just tested the video cache playback between 0.4.8 and 0.5.16. A few issues/comments below. I'll test 0.5.17 now.

Thanks for all your help and hard work.

Setting - Using Disk Cache

Screen shows:
Opening Stream
Caching…
x% to download before playback
(Creates cache.mp4 file in temporary directory. Does a good job using the same cache file each time, so it doesn’t take up space when playing a different file )

1) Play+Cache options works now when selecting it from the video filename menu (like 0.4.8 above), but one issue.
(Creates filename.original, but since it’s a unique filename, it creates several cache files and takes up too much space. Is there a way to use the same cache file name or auto-delete it when stopping it to play? Also, I noticed sometimes the cache file is larger then the % set in the settings. Doesn’t always happen, but one time i noticed it almost downloading the whole 1.5gb video file vs. the 300mb 20% setting).

2) In the configure settings, I selected the options “Always cache for playback” and “Never transcode”, but when you select a video (just pressing it, not pulling up the menu), it appears to play the video without caching (ie. streaming the original file from Google drive, which tends to get buffer issues every few minutes). Shouldn’t using these settings default to Play+Cache?

Ideally what I would like is a cache file setting that is always used as a default (% to cache and a set as default option) that helps prevents pauses/buffering issues when streaming original HD files (never transcoded) from Google drive. We’re getting close.

I'll add back an option to use a single file instead of separate files.

For #2, one of the two must be override the other, so it ends up not behaving as instructed. Should be easy to track down.

Thanks for all the effort testing!
Hi! I came to ask a couple of things but I see that the differences among the different playing options has been addressed. Will wait for an update.

The other question is concerning the "Make offline" and "Play offline" options. What do they do?
Stable and testing are currently unified at 0.6.0, do I get that correctly?
(2015-04-19, 20:34)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Stable and testing are currently unified at 0.6.0, do I get that correctly?

Yes, they're in sync now with the only difference between stable/master & unstable being the name of the plugin. unstable will keep the name gdrive-testing (for now). So, you can continue using both the non-testing and testing repositories to keep 2 separated versions.

I'm expecting Client Login to stop working sometime next week, so I wanted to push out a release with OAUTH2.

Subtitles will be next new feature, followed by better playback controls (overriding default XBMC Player) and other features that I had previously started working on but never put into the public build (encryption, integration with Google Spreadsheets to manage content, etc).

This would be a great time to get some feature requests in Smile Just drop them here or on github.

Thanks for testing!
(2015-04-19, 18:48)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I came to ask a couple of things but I see that the differences among the different playing options has been addressed. Will wait for an update.

The other question is concerning the "Make offline" and "Play offline" options. What do they do?

"Make offline" is "Download" and "Play Offline" is "Play the downloaded file". I'm going to probably be moving to allowing an Offline view mode, letting someone use the plugin without an internet connection so that they could playback content they previously had marked as "make offline". Nothing is stopping the user from manually navigating to the downloaded file and playing back directly.
(2015-04-19, 22:04)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Subtitles will be next new feature, followed by better playback controls (overriding default XBMC Player) and other features that I had previously started working on but never put into the public build (encryption, integration with Google Spreadsheets to manage content, etc).
When you say subtitles you mean the ability of your plugin to use .srt files (and similar) that reside on Google Drive? That would be great. Do you think it would be possible to have the subtitles plugin save the file remotely, on Drive, as well?

When you say better playback controls, and this gets me to my feature request as well, do you mean the ability to seek forward and backward or what else? Resuming would be infinitely cool too, probably even more than seeking (but I guess if you get one the other would come anyway).

Care to expand on what you have got planned for Google Spreadsheets and content management? The current .strm support works well with library but, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't update automatically with library update. Is this something you are trying to fix through Spreadsheets?

Thanks for all the awesome work! Smile
(2015-04-20, 13:39)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-19, 22:04)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Subtitles will be next new feature, followed by better playback controls (overriding default XBMC Player) and other features that I had previously started working on but never put into the public build (encryption, integration with Google Spreadsheets to manage content, etc).
When you say subtitles you mean the ability of your plugin to use .srt files (and similar) that reside on Google Drive? That would be great. Do you think it would be possible to have the subtitles plugin save the file remotely, on Drive, as well?

When you say better playback controls, and this gets me to my feature request as well, do you mean the ability to seek forward and backward or what else? Resuming would be infinitely cool too, probably even more than seeking (but I guess if you get one the other would come anyway).

Care to expand on what you have got planned for Google Spreadsheets and content management? The current .strm support works well with library but, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't update automatically with library update. Is this something you are trying to fix through Spreadsheets?

For the subtitles, if enabled, it would present a list of subtitle files that match the video file (found on your Google Drive), incase there are multiple languages. Secondary, Google transcoded streams have the ability to have subtitles embedded (like youtube) and this is the second piece that I'm still working on. I haven't played around with any of the subtitle plugins.

The better controls would hopefully help with the seeking. I noticed the default XBMC "resume" works some of the time -- sometimes on original files, sometimes on transcoded streams. The better controls will hopefully help. The method by which media is played back when you right-click on the "custom" play options, you lose some abilities, such as thumbnails, proper title, etc. These should be resolved. Even in terms of invoking via a STRM, you lose the thumbnail, something that hopefully be resolved with overriding the playback controls directly.

The spreadsheet would be integrating a TVScheduler plugin I was playing with, that let you create playlists and channels, that would be inherently synced between XBMC clients. Even with the XBMC library with STRM files, XBMC has an issue tracking watched status (or resume point), simply doesn't work for STRM files, so I end up watching series directly from the plugin. Would be nice to have some of the advanced features that XBMC provides, such as "watch the next episode in the series", etc.
(2015-04-20, 13:39)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]

Played with seeking today. Original won't seek whatsoever manually. MP4 seeks to any position in the file without any issues. FLV pauses a bit before the seek happens.
New testing release:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.6.2.zip

Version 0.6.2
- add player controls (player + window) -- testing
- override player playback (no longer displays "opening stream") -- testing
- fix playback default for never transcode + always cache
-- Google Drive API 2 module - add force cache to single file option
Version 0.6.1
- add encfs source + target support, decrypted folder support