Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-29, 17:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-29, 16:21)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Working great. Only thing is that of every file in gdrive it creates a strm file. So pictures, nfo etcetera. Now in the library i have 5 same moviesfile instead of 1. Hit or miss which is the good one. Is it possible that it only creates streamfiles from mkv, mp4, avi.

And automated creating streamfiles every day? So don't have to do it mannually

If that is sorted out it will je perfect. Can we donate?

Ah, yes, I'll tie the STRM into the setting in Settings. I have a setting that lets you define what you want to display when you view the Video/Music/Photo plugin, for instance to view only Videos, Videos and Music or Everything, when using the plugin from Video. I'll tie so it also only creates STRM for what the user would see.

You can run the STRM process using a STRM or playlist file for either a single file, directory, or an entire account. Creating this STRM would be manually done, but it could be probably simplified by adding an option. You can set a playlist to run on startup. It wouldn't be too difficult, I don't think, to add a scheduler option.

Donations always accepted below. It pays for keeping a server going hosting the files, hosting for OAUTH2 authentication, and any cloud service storage costs.

http://goo.gl/j7v7SD

Great, just did a small donation for you so far.
I think you mis understood my problem with the library integration. The stream files that are created is for every file. So now I have multiple same movie files in the library.
For example Fast Five:
I have 4 times Fast Five in the library
- Fast Five.jpg.strm
- Fast Five.mkv.strm (so this one is good)
- Fast Five.nl.srt.strm
- Fast Five.nfo.strm

And because of that Kodi will put 4 times Fast Five in the library and one of them is the videostream.
The library will be full of same movie posters.

If your addon will filter this with creating streamfiles (only make streamfiles of .mkv .avi .mp4 etcetera) it will be perfect.
(2015-03-30, 20:10)darkneo29 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-29, 16:21)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Working great. Only thing is that of every file in gdrive it creates a strm file. So pictures, nfo etcetera. Now in the library i have 5 same moviesfile instead of 1. Hit or miss which is the good one. Is it possible that it only creates streamfiles from mkv, mp4, avi.

Hi Guys,
I can add STRM files in Hive.IM but on gdrive i see nothing. Any ideas? When i right click i have slide show. Addon information and Addon settings

Its in the beta version all good
(2015-03-30, 15:39)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Just donated a small amount to show appreciation for the work done so far. I see awesome things in the roadmap (.srt integration, yes!!!) and will look forward to further developments.
Thank for the donation!

(2015-03-30, 20:43)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-29, 17:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, yes, I'll tie the STRM into the setting in Settings. I have a setting that lets you define what you want to display when you view the Video/Music/Photo plugin, for instance to view only Videos, Videos and Music or Everything, when using the plugin from Video. I'll tie so it also only creates STRM for what the user would see.

You can run the STRM process using a STRM or playlist file for either a single file, directory, or an entire account. Creating this STRM would be manually done, but it could be probably simplified by adding an option. You can set a playlist to run on startup. It wouldn't be too difficult, I don't think, to add a scheduler option.

Donations always accepted below. It pays for keeping a server going hosting the files, hosting for OAUTH2 authentication, and any cloud service storage costs.

http://goo.gl/j7v7SD

Great, just did a small donation for you so far.
I think you mis understood my problem with the library integration. The stream files that are created is for every file. So now I have multiple same movie files in the library.
For example Fast Five:
I have 4 times Fast Five in the library
- Fast Five.jpg.strm
- Fast Five.mkv.strm (so this one is good)
- Fast Five.nl.srt.strm
- Fast Five.nfo.strm

And because of that Kodi will put 4 times Fast Five in the library and one of them is the videostream.
The library will be full of same movie posters.

If your addon will filter this with creating streamfiles (only make streamfiles of .mkv .avi .mp4 etcetera) it will be perfect.

Thank for the donation!

Also, regarding the clarification, yes, we're talking the same. When the fix is put in, it will only create for actual video files unless told to otherwise.

I don't use file extensions to determine if a file is a video, but rely on Google Drive marking it as a video. Sometimes cloud services don't detect all video files properly (and will mark them as non-video even though they would playback fine through XBMC), so there will be an override for those files. For instance, OneDrive doesn't detect or support MKV files, but they playback fine, so that would be an override for OneDrive plugin users.
(2015-03-30, 22:44)darkneo29 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 20:10)darkneo29 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Guys,
I can add STRM files in Hive.IM but on gdrive i see nothing. Any ideas? When i right click i have slide show. Addon information and Addon settings

That's right, it is only in the -testing version (0.5.x). The features in this version most reflect what is in the Hive plugin.
(2015-03-30, 22:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 22:44)darkneo29 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 20:10)darkneo29 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

That's right, it is only in the -testing version (0.5.x). The features in this version most reflect what is in the Hive plugin.

Thanks, I will donate as well to see a schedule option! So every hour or so the TV Folder on Gdrive with update with the new STRM files.
Since the update to 5.5 i keep getting script failed. 5.4 worked great, i have tried a fresh install and the update and both give the same error

20:11:38 T:1984 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'service' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive-testing\default.py", line 897, in <module>
mediaURLs = service.getPlaybackCall(0,package=package.package(mediaFile,mediaFolder))
NameError: name 'service' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-04-03, 02:15)Kraevin Wrote: [ -> ]Since the update to 5.5 i keep getting script failed. 5.4 worked great, i have tried a fresh install and the update and both give the same error

20:11:38 T:1984 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive-testing\default.py", line 897, in <module>
mediaURLs = service.getPlaybackCall(0,package=package.package(mediaFile,mediaFolder))

What are you accessing prior? Running from STRM? after selecting a video for playback?

Do you have 1 account defined or more than 1?
(2015-04-03, 02:38)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-03, 02:15)Kraevin Wrote: [ -> ]Since the update to 5.5 i keep getting script failed. 5.4 worked great, i have tried a fresh install and the update and both give the same error

What are you accessing prior? Running from STRM? after selecting a video for playback?

yes running from strm, files are saved to the tv shows folder. and only 1 account defined. i was running the testing version 5.4 before with no issues.. i can actually reinstall 5.4 and works fine.. but soon as it auto updates to 5.5 it stops
(2015-04-03, 03:13)Kraevin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-03, 02:38)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

yes running from strm, files are saved to the tv shows folder. and only 1 account defined. i was running the testing version 5.4 before with no issues.. i can actually reinstall 5.4 and works fine.. but soon as it auto updates to 5.5 it stops

An update for 0.5.6 has been pushed out.
Sorry for the late reply! ill test it out when i get home from work and give you an update!

EDIT: Videos are working great again, no errors! keep up the great work!
Just found a bug in 0.5.5. Creating streamfiles with a '&' results in many file creation of the same folder. I had 30 folders of Angels & Demons for example.

Is there a change log for 0.5.6
(2015-04-04, 20:24)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]Just found a bug in 0.5.5. Creating streamfiles with a '&' results in many file creation of the same folder. I had 30 folders of Angels & Demons for example.

Version 0.5.6
- add fallback to first account if not able to load any accounts
Version 0.5.5
- fix: create directories of STRM on network paths
- fix: playback of STRM files without username/instancename when multiple accounts are defined
- fix: add username to buildSTRM
- add: shared content
- add: support write STRM to network path
(2015-04-04, 20:24)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]Just found a bug in 0.5.5. Creating streamfiles with a '&' results in many file creation of the same folder. I had 30 folders of Angels & Demons for example.

& are generally problematic. I'll have a look.

There are no changes between 0.5.6 and 0.5.5 other than forcing a default account. The changelog.txt should be bundled with the release.

Version 0.5.6
- add fallback to first account if not able to load any accounts

Just curious, was the & issue present in 0.5.0-0.5.4? I remember having "stress tested" multiple times against a few members accounts (over 10TB of content). Did it continue on and finally finish, or did it stop?
(2015-04-04, 22:30)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

Just curious, was the & issue present in 0.5.0-0.5.4? I remember having "stress tested" multiple times against a few members accounts (over 10TB of content). Did it continue on and finally finish, or did it stop?

I didn't test it on the other releases. Just now on 0.5.5. I'm not sure if it stopped creating files, I think not because every time I deleted folders they would come back... So deleted the addon to make it stop.